Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Javi Martinez's agent has denied any agreement with Real Sociedad (didn't know this was a thing). He will only go to Spain if Athletic Bilbao sign him.

Hoof the ball

A player that has the power to remove a president.
Ah, but having the power and exercising it is two different things. Furthermore, proving that the player intends to exercise that power is problematic, not least of all because it assumes personal knowledge of that persons intent, which let's be honest, we don't. We're gossiping. At best we can assume that Bartomeu thinks Messi is playing a power game, but this would just be siding with Bartomeu's assumption, which is just that.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that Bartomeu is incredibly unpopular (and has been for years) with the socios, ex-players and so on. Not only is there incredible pressure on Bartomeu to resign prior to Messi's decision to leave, but this just intensifies it. Just Messi leaving (without the desire to unseat Bartomeu) would probably have resulted in calls from the board for him to step down. Our problem is assuming that this is a power move, but it's not about what we can assume; it's about what we can prove.

Far too many people ready to indict an individual for an unproven motive or action.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Javi Martinez's agent has denied any agreement with Real Sociedad (didn't know this was a thing). He will only go to Spain if Athletic Bilbao sign him.
He visited the Bilbao training ground to see his friends around Christmas during the German league winter break.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Makes sense as he started his career there and Bilbao only sign Basque players.
Hasn't he been linked to an Italian club, can't remember who though. Maybe just saying that Bilbao are the only Spanish or in this case Basque club he would play for.

alexthelion

Great Post. Agree with every word of this
Every word is true but get ready for the 'top red' posters to come running to try and justify their negativity.

Thank God there was no social media after Sir Matt stepped down as manager.

alexthelion

You do know its the messiah Ole that chooses transfers as well?
What if he's given a list of players he wants to Ed/Judge and is expecting them to complete the formalities? Is that his fault that we haven't signed anyone?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

We're active in the window? Could have fooled me :lol:

Lee565

What a twist:

Wow, if messi leaves he is going to look disloyal to the club that gave him everything to be the where he is today if he jumps ship just as the club goes through a rough spell.

Honestly I would take him at united for a few seasons and rotate him with matic as we are light in this position of the pitch, plus can't he also play in defence?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why do we seem to be the only club impacted by the pandemic and what was the excuse in the Summer of
2018?

Hoof the ball

That is crazy if true. He’s 33. I know he’s Messi, but he’s also human. Total vanity move by Pep if true. Desperate to win the CL in possibly his last season with City.
What's insane is that this season, (despite Barca being worse than ever) was Messi's 2nd most productive season ever......at 33.....without the benefit of a good side and playing in a deeper role.

alexthelion

Trying to inject some realism into here.

We've just finished 3rd in the Prem and got into 3 semi finals, no one is happy! All I see on here is jealousy of other clubs, Ole bashing, Ed bashing, Glazer bashing. There used to be some middle ground or some positivity around here. Yet now, there is nothing but constant moaning. Too many are too focused on the past and "How great" Man utd used to be.

Manchester United used to be great. Yes. They had all the great players and hardly any teams challenged us for the title. At one time it was just us and Arsenal. Now other teams around us have caught up to our spending power and some you may argue, like yourself (Chelsea) have overtaken us.

We need, as a club, to wake up and realise that we aren't the best anymore. We don't have the pulling power that we once had. Other teams can offer more money and at the moment more chances of silverware. But that does not mean that no one will ever come to United ever again, we're still a huge draw. Just now there is other options for players who come to the Prem. We aren't the only option anymore.

The one that never ceases to amaze me is that ANY bad press about United is believed. Anything at all. When there is some good press about United. People either refuse to believe it or think it's a "Press Briefing" by Ed.

We are NEVER happy anymore and it saddens me to see this once great football fanbase turn to utter shite. Granted it's due to a lack of silverware and challenging for the title and there are genuine reasons to be upset. But don't become bitter and act jealous when you see teams around us splashing the cash. It reeks of entitlement. Just because 'We're Man Utd' doesn't mean that anyone and everyone should come here. It's arrogant. Like I said there is choice now for players.

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
Heck even Wolves and Leicester are now viable teams for players to go too.

Before it was just us and Arsenal!

We need to get behind the manager and the club, we will get better and up challenging again, but it takes time! Liverpool took 30 years to get back challenging. We need to realise it may be us in that position and we need to not become what we all took the piss out of Liverpool fans for.

Focusing on our history.

Which from a lot of posters here, we seem to be doing and becoming, clinging on to the history that "We're the great Man Utd"

We all just need to relax and enjoy the ride, nothing ever worthwhile came easy.

Thanks guys!
You'd get a 'like' for this if I was able to.

croadyman

Why do we seem to be the only club impacted by the pandemic and what was the excuse in the Summer of
2018?
Think Arsenal & Spurs have been affected as well if you look at the redundancies they have had to make,also Liverpool who look hesitant to meet Bayern's asking price for Thiago at the moment

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
2018?
Wolves seem to be affected too. Their forum is about as cheery as ours right now.

Villa and Leicester haven't done anything either, though they're not the best of company to be in.

croadyman

World cup i bet
Maybe something to do with the club not wanting to part with Martial just so we could get Willian,in regards to Perisic that was ridiculous squabbling over £5m

He also wanted to sign the likes of Boateng/Alderweireld whilst the board wanted to target younger players.

peridigm

Wolves seem to be affected too. Their forum is about as cheery as ours right now.

Villa and Leicester haven't done anything either, though they're not the best of company to be in.
The '-No away kit' made me chuckle.

SATA

Price for Doherty keeps going down. It was 20M initially then 15M this morning and now it’s 12M

Are Wolves bending down by the hour or it’s crap reporting?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Seemingly focusing on youth under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, it isn’t that much of a surprise to hear about Manchester United looking at one of the most talented youngsters in Italy.
We are talking about Sandro Tonali, currently at Brescia, who is the talk of the town in the local newspapers as he edges closer to Inter.

Corriere dello Sport explain the ‘outline of a deal’ between the two Italian sides exists and an ‘armoured agreement’ has been reached with the player, with Massimo Cellino is ‘pushing’ for the transfer to be done.
Tonali would initially be loaned with an obligation to buy at €35m that could rise up to €40m with bonuses.

This agreement with the player is now said to ‘protect’ Inter from any other clubs trying to insert themselves in an operation for the midfielder.

While Milan are said to have ‘vanished’, seemingly focusing on Tiemoué Bakayoko these days, there was ‘recently a phone call from Manchester United’.
There had been previous claims Tonali wanted to stay in Italy to continue his development, so that might have something to do with his decision to prioritise Inter.
Either that, or Ed Woodward, not for the first time, just turned up too late.
I've copied the article because its such a horrible website to navigate through with its annoying adverts.

fezzerUTD

Nonsense. We've spent 1.2bn since Fergie left. That's more than every club in the world bar one.

We don't lack ambition. We lack competence.
Nonsense is it? That the Glazers have cost us more money than we've spent? Also if them leeches weren't taking money out and causing a debt of originally 700m then Sancho would be an easy acquisition. As would Messi. The faster you open your eyes the better.

Mihai

Sorry, are we one of 2 now yet to sign a player?
I'd rather not sign anyone then sign players for the sake of it. And yes, it was a stupid comment because we are not the only club affected by the pandemic.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nonsense is it? That the Glazers have cost us more money than we've spent? Also if them leeches weren't taking money out and causing a debt of originally 700m then Sancho would be an easy acquisition. As would Messi. The faster you open your eyes the better.
We have still spent records sums and achieved little

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I'd rather not sign anyone then sign players for the sake of it. And yes, it was a stupid comment because we are not the only club affected by the pandemic.
The comment was tongue-in-cheek but we’re certainly one of the few clubs who will see the coronavirus as a wet dream of an excuse to once again stand still.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Basically, the player will still report to Bayer Leverkusen at this time though his intention is still to play for Chelsea.

fezzerUTD

What if he's given a list of players he wants to Ed/Judge and is expecting them to complete the formalities? Is that his fault that we haven't signed anyone?
I never said it was. I was replying about David Brooks and Joshua King the players which Ole obviously wants that are well below our ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.