Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Re: Guendouzi

Wait, only 16 million pounds for him?

Why aren't we all over this?!

He's miles better then VDB and just what we need, an energetic young defensive midfielder.

What, his personality isn't the best?
Eh? He's Fred level, a busy, hard-working pest in the midfield but nothing remotely special. Not even Arsenal fans rate him as highly as you seem to.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Leverkusen manager confirms Havertz to Chelsea

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Spend big now on a young CB and a RW ,plus with the youth coming through and Ole's dedication in promoting them,the Glazers may not need to spend big for atleast three windows.

Its a tempting concept for them but with Covid still very much a concern then obviously they would be wary.

croadyman

Spend big now on a young CB and a RW ,plus with the youth coming through and Ole's dedication in promoting them,the Glazers may not need to spend big for atleast three windows.

Its a tempting concept for them but with Covid still very much a concern then obviously they would be wary.
Do you mean Upamecano & Sancho/Badashile & Sancho?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

This is a two summer project to get us challenging. They’ll need to spend next summer too even if we do add Sancho and Upemecano. We still need 5 players In my opinion to have a young squad competing at the highest level. It’s probably 200m net over the next two years. The annoying thing is without COVID we’d have had no problems doing it.

dev1l

It s better for RBL to sell now for a fee higher than the 42 million or less Bayern will pay next year.

hobbers

Re: Guendouzi

Wait, only 16 million pounds for him?

Why aren't we all over this?!

He's miles better then VDB and just what we need, an energetic young defensive midfielder.
The feck did I just read?

Most Arsenal fans I know would get rid of him in a heartbeat. :lol:

Pavl3n

Luke Edwards of Telegraph is now consistent with Mark Ogden, stating are considering an approach - mindful that if we wait for the new release clause there will be too much competition.
Lazy journalism.

'United could opt to pay up Dortmund's asking price as they fear other clubs will get in the race. We shall wait and see."
Brilliant. I can do it as well.

Tiber

Genuinely quite interesting. Doesn't have to go through a two week quarantine as long as he is registered as a United player before Holland play a match this week. Maybe that is part of the reason why this deal was completed so quickly

Tiber

Not even a sniff of a Lingard rumour? So much for his new super agent getting him a big move abroad.

Dan_F

Genuinely quite interesting. Doesn't have to go through a two week quarantine as long as he is registered as a United player before Holland play a match this week. Maybe that is part of the reason why this deal was completed so quickly
What a strange rule. You’d have thought it wouldn’t matter, so long as he’s a United player before travelling.

Either way, can’t see there being a problem getting a medical done in the next 7 days.

Riz

What a strange rule. You’d have thought it wouldn’t matter, so long as he’s a United player before travelling.

Either way, can’t see there being a problem getting a medical done in the next 7 days.
Sounds like the medical is happening today/tomorrow. Can see this being announced tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not even a sniff of a Lingard rumour? So much for his new super agent getting him a big move abroad.
He'll need to be a free agent to get a "Big" move.
No-one is wellying 15-20m for him, and 100k a week. And beating 100k a week at that, as he already gets it reportedly.

macheda14

You think we can buy him for less than his 2020 summer release clause after the clause expired and he signed a new contract?

That strikes me as rather optimistic.
He had 1 year left on his contract. The signed him on a deal with a lower release clause that comes into play next summer to ensure they didn’t lose him for free. That’s the move of a club that is preparing to sell him next year. They could sell him now for more money than they are guaranteed next year.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I realize he has a connection with Carlo, but surely James could've made one last big move? He only just turned 29 so he isn't near the end of his career. Everton really the best he could do or are they offering him an absurd wage?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It wouldn’t be a transfer of the window. What is more, it will most likely change nothing - Everton already was a “top half of the table team”, and they will remain one
Going from Madrid and Bayern to Everton will be an eye opener regarding quality of teammates.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Are Barca binning their entire team? Messi, Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal. What's going on with Coutinho? Are they at risk of doing a AC Milan and going through a terrible period?

JuriM

Are Barca binning their entire team? Messi, Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal. What's going on with Coutinho? Are they at risk of doing a AC Milan and going through a terrible period?
If they get the high earners off their pay check, Coutinho stays. Building on Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, Frenkie de Jong, Ansu Fati etc..

DickDastardly

:lol:
He’s tosh, like.
The feck did I just read?

Most Arsenal fans I know would get rid of him in a heartbeat. :lol:
Hell, wasn't long ago he was the only bright star at this Arsenal team....

I have to admit i don't follow Arsenal at all, but i do remember a game vs us last season maybe, he dominated us.
Match thread was full of praise for him.
And he was very good, dynamic, always open for a pass, pressing left right and center.

I remember Pogba was wank that day and thinking to myself - i'd rather have this hairy dude then him.

For 16 millions, that's peanuts. Not worth a try?
Maybe not, i might be wrong.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea won't have it easy when getting a new keeper to compete against Kepa.

Translation:
Chelsea [are] looking for a new keeper. The English club contacted Stade Rennais for determining Rennes' requirements for [Edouard] Mendy. Chelsea have not made an offer at this time. Rennes added that the club will not sell and are willing to keep Mendy.

pascell

Apart from Messi, it's the right move to make. Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic are costing them a fortune in wages, yet not getting the right standard of output from them. Plus, they've brought in Pjanic who's another ageing CM, so there's only de Jong who's a relatively young player in CM, that is of the right calibre for Barcelona.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Happy with this one.

If Sancho plus Upamecano arrived I'd take that as a massive window. The other positions can be looked at later on I'm not a massive fan of bringing too many in during a single window.

Hopefully Shaw can be fit for most of the season and AWB can work on his attacking play - I'd get rid of neither at the moment.

Move on Rojo, Jones, Andreas and one of the goalies. I'd actually give Lingard another season to see if he can turn it around we have to have some amount of experienced squad players and his outlook at least looked more positive end of season. Same reason I'd keep Mata even to give Bruno a rest when needed in the last 20 mins - he can still do a job of sorts at 10 just don't ever play him wide again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hell, wasn't long ago he was the only bright star at this Arsenal team....

I have to admit i don't follow Arsenal at all, but i do remember a game vs us last season maybe, he dominated us.
Match thread was full of praise for him.
And he was very good, dynamic, always open for a pass, pressing left right and center.

I remember Pogba was wank that day and thinking to myself - i'd rather have this hairy dude then him.

For 16 millions, that's peanuts. Not worth a try?
Maybe not, i might be wrong.
Nah he’s not that good. Just runs around a lot

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea won't have it easy when getting a new keeper to compete against Kepa.

Translation:
This keeper situation is starting worry me. We've been flawless in the window so far but a new keeper was priority #1 and yet it appears we're really struggling to get someone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.