Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A couple of confirmed Serie A transfers:

Razvan Marin from Ajax to Cagliari:

Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Arsenal to Roma (Arsenal terminated the contract via mutual consent):

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This keeper situation is starting worry me. We've been flawless in the window so far but a new keeper was priority #1 and yet it appears we're really struggling to get someone in.
According to reliable journalists, you guys targeted Andre Onana a while back (nothing much since). You guys also asked about Oblak, but Atletico weren't willing to negotiate (i.e. release clause or nothing). This seems to be the next link, but it seems like Rennes would rather keep their keeper given that the Ligue 1 season has already started.

I'm actually surprised that Chelsea aren't considering more keepers. Maybe the team has their shortlist well-defined have their targets set in stone.

KeanoMagicHat

Have these people just forgotten the fact he’s flopped hard since joining Real Madrid and has been bandied about ever since? Hardly the same player that lit up the 2014 World Cup. Still time to reignite his career I suppose but needs quality around him first.
He hasn't necessarily flopped, he's pretty much the same player of the last 7 or 8 years. The World Cup was a 5 or 6 game hot streak, as major tournaments are, and aren't a reliable guide to how a player will be. He has been great for Colombia over the years as they play everything through him. That has never happened at Real. He is the level of top player at a Porto/Monaco but not good enough to be a top player for Real Madrid.

Real Madrid bought him because he was a shiny new thing after the 2014 World Cup but they already had Isco and Modric. He wouldn't be the first or last player to fail there. Also he was good at Bayern and got in the Bundesliga team of the season but Bayern just didn't want to fork out the money on him when they had Muller looking to play in the middle and could get Coutinho in to do the same job on loan.

GJNJ

This keeper situation is starting worry me. We've been flawless in the window so far but a new keeper was priority #1 and yet it appears we're really struggling to get someone in.
DDG was a mess when he first came here but we stuck by him until he came good. Do you think you could give Kepa another year to prove himself?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He'll need to be a free agent to get a "Big" move.
No-one is wellying 15-20m for him, and 100k a week. And beating 100k a week at that, as he already gets it reportedly.
Shouldnt United just terminate him and let him be someone else's problem ?

Alemar

Romero for 50m?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Unless it's done by mutual consent, we'd have to compensate him for terminating the contract earlier than expected. Instead of doing that, we can keep him around and hope that there are suitors, or we can run his contract down and continue to make use him wherever required.

Sanchez was a special case in that we were paying him a ton of money, and we agreed upon giving him less money upon breaking the contract than the wages he'd have over the remaining years.

Josep Dowling

Lingard gets a lot of stick because he’s not good enough for Manchester United. However I think he can do a job in most Premier League team in the bottom half. His wages will always be the problem and he loves the club. If I was in his shoes I wouldn’t want to leave either.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
DDG was a mess when he first came here but we stuck by him until he came good. Do you think you could give Kepa another year to prove himself?
Thing is, even if Kepa regains his shot stopping form that still doesn't completely solve our issues. His smaller stature means that every opponent targets him on set plays and crosses. They know he really struggles coming to claim aerial balls and commanding his area.

We need a big presence back there I think. A commanding powerhouse of a keeper.

ShinjiNinja26

it’s just the matter of finding a buyer for them now. How much you reckon we could get for Lingard? He’s not played a whole lot this season and has went off the boil but at his best he’s a decent player. I think with how mad transfers have gotten in recent years we should be getting over £20m for him, especially seeing what some bang average players have what for the last few years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think that's just a little harsh :)

But we need to learn the lessons of Jones and the rest, by not giving him a massive contract renewal in a year's time is it? Unless it's one of these additional 1 years beyond that jobs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Stade Rennais have entered the race for Jeremie Boga.

Translation:
Stade Rennais want a winger. Jeremie Boga is one the Breton club's priorities. No offer yet but open discussions with Sassuolo. Big competition from Napoli. Sassuolo demands at least 25 million Euros for Boga.

Cloud7

Conte wants to manage Man United, by all accounts. Going after our post-Fergie targets and players is the best way he can get the thrill of it.
Wonder if he’ll consider bringing Sneijder out of retirement, and getting Gaitan in

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Unless it's done by mutual consent, we'd have to compensate him for terminating the contract earlier than expected. Instead of doing that, we can keep him around and hope that there are suitors, or we can run his contract down and continue to make use him wherever required.

Sanchez was a special case in that we were paying him a ton of money, and we agreed upon giving him less money upon breaking the contract than the wages he'd have over the remaining years.
Lingard gets a lot of stick because he’s not good enough for Manchester United. However I think he can do a job in most Premier League team in the bottom half. His wages will always be the problem and he loves the club. If I was in his shoes I wouldn’t want to leave either.
He only got one year left right ? I'm sure he loves the club but it would be better for him to cash a part of his last year to terminate his contract and find a midtable club that will take him on. His return this season was abysmal and another year with 15/20mn cameo won't help him that much. It might also be a good change for him if he's still struggling with his mental health. Playing for United isn't for everyone, he would benefit from playing at a slightly lower level.

Status
Not open for further replies.