Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cagliari are the first team to submit an offer to buy Inter's Nainngolan, but it looks like Inter will take more to assess whether they want to keep him or not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Re: Guendouzi

Wait, only 16 million pounds for him?

Why aren't we all over this?!

He's miles better then VDB and just what we need, an energetic young defensive midfielder.

What, his personality isn't the best?
:lol:
He’s tosh, like.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Because Villa aren't going to demand an insane fee for Grealish aren't they? They're going to want upwards of £80m i bet, which in that case, we may as well just pay the extra bit that Dortmund want for Sancho. The media are useless nowadays!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For instance, I doubt we'd have bought Thiago Silva as a stopgap if we knew he was available. I think multiple top PL teams would be interested. City are still after another CB, think we (Chelsea) would be interested.

Who knows, maybe he isn't "available" per se but if someone came in with £80m they'd sell and that's what you guys are planning to do.
I don't think Upamecano is a big upgrade on what already have. He'd fall right in line with the level of CB's already at the club pre Thiago Silva signing.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Someone asked Man. City correspondent Sam Lee about Houssem Aouar. This is what he had to say:
If City is out of the picture, focused on Messi (still feel weird to be typing this) and Juventus are skint, Arsenal have an outside chance to get Aouar. That would be amazing, i think i'd rather get Aouar than Partey at this point if we can only have one big signing. :drool:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
RB wanted to extend because he would have been left with 1 year.
"
Leipzig conceded in June that they may have to sanction a sale, as they could not afford to let a prized asset run down the final 12 months of his contract.

Sporting director Oliver Mintzlaff told Bild: "'Upa' is an extremely important player for us and one of the most sought-after talents in Europe.

"And we can assure that we have a clear understanding with him and his agent he won't leave us on a free. We can't afford that as a club."
Yeah, pretty much what I said really.
So chances are he will leave if a decent enough deal is sanctioned.

Nights

Chelsea are being asked for the the exact same initial fee that Dortmund want for Sancho (80 mil euro). I just think the subsequent installments are a bit less and Leverkusen are not in the CL. Overall, not an entirely different situation. It's just that Chelsea are paying and we are not.
All the reports were that Dortmund wants the entire 120m upfront (due to their current dodgy financial situation) whereas we wanted to pay in instalments.

manuchamp88

Because Villa aren't going to demand an insane fee for Grealish aren't they? They're going to want upwards of £80m i bet, which in that case, we may as well just pay the extra bit that Dortmund want for Sancho. The media are useless nowadays!
Totally agree. They don't really play the same position, anyway.

RedorDead21

Wish we'd just cough up the cash for Sancho. He's twice the footballer Grealish will ever be.
No other club that isn’t financed by a zillionaire is spending anything like pre covid right now. Dortmund are being unrealistic it seems. Any time this club got bent over for a player it didn’t end well.

Harold_Giles

All the reports were that Dortmund wants the entire 120m upfront (due to their current dodgy financial situation) whereas we wanted to pay in instalments.
It's a bit strange that a club that has financial difficulties is going for 120m or nothing. You'd think that 80-90 up front, with the rest in installments would be helpful if they indeed are poor.

MichaelRed

It's a bit strange that a club that has financial difficulties is going for 120m or nothing. You'd think that 80-90 up front, with the rest in installments would be helpful if they indeed are poor.
People saying they want 120 up front are just spreading a baseless myth. We'll probably still get this over the line.

croadyman

People saying they want 120 up front are just spreading a baseless myth. We'll probably still get this over the line.
Yeah still convinced they would accept £85-£90m up front with another instalment of between £18-23m next year, however it really comes down to whether or not Utd are willing to meet that

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Luke Edwards of Telegraph is now consistent with Mark Ogden, stating are considering an approach - mindful that if we wait for the new release clause there will be too much competition.

Amerifan

Not happening without external funding. We don’t have that much in cash.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah still convinced they would accept £85-£90m up front with another instalment of between £18-23m next year, however it really comes down to whether or not Utd are willing to meet that
The other problem is whether Dortmund's agents send that info out on time and not delay things any further.

Infra-red

Luke Edwards of Telegraph is now consistent with Mark Ogden, stating are considering an approach - mindful that if we wait for the new release clause there will be too much competition.
Why on earth didn't we make a move while this summer's release clause was still in effect?

We've missed our chance for this summer.

macheda14

Why on earth didn't we make a move while this summer's release clause was still in effect?

Because the release clause for this summer was €60 million. Next summer is ~€45 million. Perhaps we feel we can split the difference?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

That's why I don't think the links to Upamecano are legitimate. We've tracked him for a few years, but I don't think we'll make a move for him this summer.

Infra-red

Because the release clause for this summer was €60 million. Next summer is ~€45 million. Perhaps we feel we can split the difference?
You think we can buy him for less than his 2020 summer release clause after the clause expired and he signed a new contract?

That strikes me as rather optimistic.

AsonUnique

That would make sense they have been struggling to bring players in due to funds. I am not allowed to post media yet but RB's English Twitter just tweeted a reminder he's signed until 2023. These German clubs are throwing it at us publicly, who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

SinNombre

That's why I don't think the links to Upamecano are legitimate. We've tracked him for a few years, but I don't think we'll make a move for him this summer.
Agree with that.

The only way a deal for Upamecano happens is if we are willing to let them have Axel in addition to more than his 2021 release clause.

NoMidfielders

Sorry, but this has "Woodward briefing" written all over it. Reminds me of the "United Bid 90m for Varane" days.
If it’s a brief, none of the big lot (Stone, Peach, Ducker, Hirst) have got it which would be a bit strange. More likely some agent talk that the club haven’t bothered to deny yet imo.

Alemar

The only way a deal for Upamecano happens is if we are willing to let them have Axel in addition to more than his 2021 release clause.
The cash component is a point for discussion, but giving them Axel as part of the deal is perfectly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.