Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigal7

Is he? I really doubt so but that’s fair enough if you believe so
I think a lot of people underestimate how much knowledge he has. Clubs always leak bits of info to media influencers and he’s arguably our biggest influencer and one of the biggest club football influencers on YouTube. He probably knows even more than he’s allowed by the club to public ally reveal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli's Arek Milik was asked about his future and whether he'd return to Ajax.

Translated key quote:
A return to Ajax? I don't know. I have to think about my future. I have to make an important decision. We will see.
This seems like Milik knows that he'll be leaving Napoli.

Prodigal7

This is a consistent theme among reliable journos. The Pogba deal was a bad precedent in terms of agent\signing fees at around 40m. Unless his agent is good enough to partner Harry Maguire as a centre back I don’t see why we should be paying out the 40m in agents fees that were being hinted at.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This is a consistent theme among reliable journos. The Pogba deal was a bad precedent in terms of agent\signing fees at around 40m. Unless his agent is good enough to partner Harry Maguire as a centre back I don’t see why we should be paying out the 40m in agents fees that were being hinted at.
Juve were the problem, not us, Mino moved Pogba there as they have him a percentage of any future transfer fee - it's well known Mino got a pig slice of pie from Juve, it's just a better story for it to be United.

Withnail

Juve were the problem, not us, Mino moved Pogba there as they have him a percentage of any future transfer fee - it's well known Mino got a pig slice of pie from Juve, it's just a better story for it to be United.
Well that's it, his fee as reported is double what it would have been if that was a normal deal. Juve kicked the signing on fee down the road when they took him from United.

alexthelion

"Football league" under Championship doesn't mean anything to most people, even to many UK-based Utd fans, and that's not really a subjective take.
Well, some of us found them interesting. Too bad there were so many whinging and whining about his posts.

red_de_pologne

He is actually pretty well connected at the club.
and has been spot on recently, during Bruno saga, knew when DVDB will be announced etc. Remains adamant we're getting Sancho.

He also said there's going to be big news around us this weekend (said it's probably not Sancho yet).

alexthelion

Admins seem to always want to defend Fridge. This thread is just better now that he's gone - not saying he's not a nice guy, just that most people had no interest in reading his lower league tweets.
Some of us did, we're not all PL snobs.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If Sancho wants the deal, and Dortmund want the deal and the only stumbling block is the agents fees, Sancho should tell his agent to either accept a more reasonable fee or go feck himself. He's supposed to be supporting Sancho in his career, not preventing him from advancing it. It not like he isn't going to make fortunes out of him anyway.

Either this story is complete bullshit, or the agent is an absolute cnut and only out for himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If anyone's wondering where this is coming from:
I didn’t expect Jamie Jackson to look like that. He looks a bit of a geezer with a buzzcut and a bit of fashionable stubble. I expected a bit more of a preppy looking writer.

alexthelion

People seem a bit sensitive given the disappointment with Sancho (fingers still crossed on that potential transfer!) so I've taken a step back. If we have a good summer I'll post some updates later on because there's a lot of interesting movement in the non-Prem professional leagues.
Do it now, feck 'em.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
@Fridge chutney was spamming irrelevant sunday league tweets on purpose to piss people off. @mazhar13 only posts interesting tweets the same way many did before him. Not hard to see the difference.
A lot of mazhar's tweets have no relevance to anything at all, he even admitted that he posted something simply for his own benefit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A lot of mazhar's tweets have no relevance to anything at all, he even admitted that he posted something simply for his own benefit.
What? Where did I say that? I only said that I posted them for the benefit of others: to keep them up to date on European transfer activity and to show that other clubs also go through the same challenges as us (instead of having supposedly quick, efficient transfers).

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The Cadena Ser radio station are reporting that Barcelona could let Umtiti go.
I think we should go for him. Free transfer. Pay him 150k for 3 years or a pay as you play deal. See how it goes. Think it’s a risk worth taking especially if there are no transfer fees involved.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think we should go for him. Free transfer. Pay him 150k for 3 years or a pay as you play deal. See how it goes. Think it’s a risk worth taking especially if there are no transfer fees involved.
I'd personally prefer a pay-as-you-play with him. It'll give him some motivation to push himself and to maintain his presence in the French national side.

Having said that, we need to let go of our backup defenders before bringing in any more. Smalling is a start. Rojo should be next.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'd personally prefer a pay-as-you-play with him. It'll give him some motivation to push himself and to maintain his presence in the French national side.

Having said that, we need to let go of our backup defenders before bringing in any more. Smalling is a start. Rojo should be next.
At his age he will less inclined to accept a pay as your pLay deal but we could give him incentives like playing a certain number of games a year will get you a bonus and stuff like that. I am sure we will work something out.

Chief123

Pau Torres looks classy so far. We’re interested in him.

Also Ferran Torres looking really sharp and dangerous!

NecssryEvil

Agent fees should be paid for by the player, that's who he works for, after all.
I agree with this and it makes no sense to me how it is set up. If the player pays his agent a portion of his salary then the agent has the incentive to get the player the best deal he can. If the buying team is paying the player and the agent, I guarantee some (most?) would be trying to manipulate the most into their own pockets.

Something along the lines of: "what if you pay my client 175k p/w instead of 200k, I can get him to sign and then you give me an extra 5 million... you save 1.5 mil over the 5 years, it's a win win". (win for agent, win for buying team and f the player).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Some more transfer-related news in the article:
  • Diangana will earn 35k Pounds/week
  • West Brom will also sign David Button for 500k Pounds and Cedric Kipre for 750k
  • West Brom are still looking to acquire Filip Krovinovic from Benfica

dev1l

Pau Torres looks classy so far. We’re interested in him.

Also Ferran Torres looking really sharp and dangerous!
Pau Torres started a bit shaky early on, but recovered well. I m still not sure about him defensively but with the ball at his feet, he s a class act.
Also for his size, he s quite fast and agile.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some more transfer-related news in the article:
  • Diangana will earn 35k Pounds/week
  • West Brom will also sign David Button for 500k Pounds and Cedric Kipre for 750k
  • West Brom are still looking to acquire Filip Krovinovic from Benfica
Never even heard of him.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Admins seem to always want to defend Fridge. This thread is just better now that he's gone - not saying he's not a nice guy, just that most people had no interest in reading his lower league tweets.
It’s funny as feck watching grown men and women going mental because a transfer rumours feed on a football forum is being spammed by a WUM. Those people need to re-evaluate their life priorities.

Cliche Guevara

People seem a bit sensitive given the disappointment with Sancho (fingers still crossed on that potential transfer!) so I've taken a step back. If we have a good summer I'll post some updates later on because there's a lot of interesting movement in the non-Prem professional leagues.
Don’t listen to them. These fecking hipsters have no business coming onto an English club’s forum and moaning about tweets regarding other English clubs.

Now it’s nothing but Fenerbache, Schalke, Benevento and Benfica etc

I’ve said this many times before it’s outrageous people don’t give that the same grief as you get.

Not saying they shouldn’t be posted, I’m actually getting into them, but there’s no way they’re more relevant than English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.