Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

We're saving an absolute fortune in wages. If the figures quoted are believed it'll pay for half of the Sancho deal.

We never should have done the deal for Sanchez in the first place. It was madness but getting him off the books is huge.

Do you really think trying to force 15m for Sanchez was worth scuppering the deal?
And then Sancho will play for free?

I'm not saying worth scuppering the deal, but EUR 15 million was already a steal for Inter. Zero is taking the piss. And they restructure the salary nicely. This is what a smart DOF can do (as opposed to Woodwadwooddud)

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
It just means we won't be picking up any of his wages. His full wage will be what they pay him.
Ah. Yes. Thanks, it just pi**es me off seing he came to Manchester for money, and marketing image crap, an NOW he would like to play some footy, and has no problem taking pay cut, of course not, he earned soooo much while playing piano. So angry at stupid marketing agent Ed as well.

Fracture90

You’re the one who is butt hurt by a simple comment I made on your post and I’m the snowflake? Good one.
Because you completely missed the point of my original comment in your egarnes to present yourself as a ruthless, no ground given kind of guy.

Considering Smalling has been a loyal servant of this club for a decade and this is likely his last big contract, we could have let him play in a place where he feels like playing at and not haggle over a few million. Obviously I'm not advocating that we should do it for every player that wants to leave but he spent a decade at the club.

If you disagree i honestly couldn't care less.

Baneofthegame

It removes 60 million from our wage bill over three years, if we got a penny I’d be happy.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
It removes 60 million from our wage bill over three years, if we got a penny I’d be happy.
He has contract with us is for two more years, unitl 30.06.2022. so 40 milions from our wage bill. Not bad, but still think Inter got much better deal. Not just that, but shows to every other clubs how desperate we are to get rid of out players we don't want, and at the same time we over pay for players we want. Ed will never learn.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I'm not saying worth scuppering the deal, but EUR 15 million was already a steal for Inter. Zero is taking the piss. And they restructure the salary nicely. This is what a smart DOF can do (as opposed to Woodwadwooddud)
He will get a massive signing on fee which in normal circumstances would have been paid to United. This will compensate in part for his loss in any excess salary over the term of his United contract. Helps United getting a player off the payroll who they did not need.

Pointless blaming Woodward after the event. Everyone was gushing with the signing at the time.

Suedesi

He will get a massive signing on fee which in normal circumstances would have been paid to United. This will compensate in part for his loss in any excess salary over the term of his United contract. Helps United getting a player off the payroll who they did not need.

Pointless blaming Woodward after the event. Everyone was gushing with the signing at the time.
That's what Caftards do, gush at any signing.

It doesn't matter, but the post-mortem on the Alexis Sanchez deal looks atrocious.

Gave Mkhi to Arsenal so we could sign Sanchez (20-25 million pissed there or whatever Mkhi's book value was )

Gave ridiculous wages to Alexis to convince him to sign for us

Gave him away on loan for free after a year and a half of shit performances at Old Trafford

Finally allowed him to sign for free just to get rid

What an awful deal from start to finish.

Withnail

Well obviously we should have paid Sanchez a big signing-on fee rather than stupid wages but what's done is done.

If we've gotten rid of Sanchez and got Sancho in that's a result for me.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

It doesn't matter, but the post-mortem on the Alexis Sanchez deal looks atrocious.

Gave Mkhi to Arsenal so we could sign Sanchez (20-25 million pissed there or whatever Mkhi's book value was )

Gave him away on loan for free after a year and a half of shit performances at Old Trafford

No arguments from me about it being a very bad deal (in hindsight). However, to be rid of a player not needed is good for the club going forward. The club needed closure on the deal.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Looks like Smalling hasn't been registered for Europa by Roma as they won't honour the fee we agreed last year. If it's likely he heads back here I'll be over the moon. Genuinely think he could be a better partner for Maguire while Mengi develops.

I know hes marmite on this forum but I look forward to him coming home.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Hes not the worst signing in our history but he was absolutely the worst deal by a country mile.

I reckon it was the slap in the face the ownership needed though. Had it worked at all better, Bale and James would probably already be here :houllier:

GBBQ

Looks like Smalling hasn't been registered for Europa by Roma as they won't honour the fee we agreed last year. If it's likely he heads back here I'll be over the moon. Genuinely think he could be a better partner for Maguire while Mengi develops.

I know hes marmite on this forum but I look forward to him coming home.
I doubt he’ll be hanging around. Either Ole doesn’t rate him or Smalling wants first team football (Which led to him being loaned to Roma in the first place). Can’t see that changing this season and surely another club would be keen to either buy him or loan him for the season after he’s done well.
I’d happily have him as a back up but I reckon we’ll be trimming the fat and the high earners as much as possible to get Sancho (and other signings) in.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I doubt he’ll be hanging around. Either Ole doesn’t rate him or Smalling wants first team football (Which led to him being loaned to Roma in the first place). Can’t see that changing this season and surely another club would be keen to either buy him or loan him for the season after he’s done well.
I’d happily have him as a back up but I reckon we’ll be trimming the fat and the high earners as much as possible to get Sancho (and other signings) in.
I have no doubt hes on the transfer list, but I certainly wouldn't mind having him playing this year

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They can be sold easily enough, just what valuation Utd put on them
Getting Sanchez off that wage bill is a massive coup in itself.
I know that Sanchez dislike is huge here but this is not a good deal.
1) Sanchez is not a shit football player. He is a still good player who we just gave for free
2) We send a message to other buying clubs how we will do everything just to get rid of some player just because of his wage.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

1) Sanchez is not a shit football player. He is a still good player who we just gave for free
2) We send a message to other buying clubs how we will do everything just to get rid of some player just because of his wage.
His wage is off the wage bill. I think buying clubs are more likely aware we are in no rush to sell anymore. Hence Smalling returning over a 3 mill diff in valuation.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The other option was he would come back. Would you have preferred that?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The other option was he would come back. Would you have preferred that?
Tbh, i would. I don't buy that shit that player is finished when he hit 30. If we can't sell him and earn some money, i would take him. He can be useful on several positions. He is still a good player. Better than some our current backup options. And in january when Ighalo leaves, we don't need to buy another striker.

Classical Mechanic

Wtf?? Good luck selling Jones, Smalling, Lingard....
I‘d move Jones on a free too. We’re going to pay him 12 million to do nothing otherwise. We’re lucky to get Sánchez off the wage bill. If it were not for Inter we’d be paying him 50% of his wages to play for another club whilst his contract ran out.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Our deadwood seems to do pretty well in Serie A. Maybe that’s the way to go if we want to get more money from sales. Loan out the likes of Rojo, Jones, Lingard, Pereira to Serie A clubs for one season. Then cash in!

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine getting all pissy and moaning about finally being rid of Sanchez and his disgraceful wage packet on the same day Sancho looks set to join. Must be tough taking this all so seriously.

RobbieBerns

To use him. Obviously. If Inter don't want to pay something...anything. Give me one pound ffs :lol:
If it helps you sleep at night, look at it as Inter helping United put their own money back into into their own pockets by relieving them of having to pay him the rest of the wages he was due for the totality of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.