Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
will he allow us to play higher up the pitch? How does Fiorentina playing style, do they play higher up or always dropping deep?
Fiorentina tend to defend deep most of the time, but that doesn't mean that Milenkovic can't defend higher up. He's an aggressive defender who tends to play on the front foot and tries to win the ball quickly. For a tall defender, he is quick, though he isn't particularly fast like, say, Varane. In terms of his overall defending, that does mean that he tends to ball-watch if he doesn't win the ball quickly enough, so he's better off man-marking players or defending 1-on-1 situations.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The quotes read more like his opinion than any particular news, so I can see why you'd say that.
He's bascially the German Martin Tyler, used to be German Sky's main and most prominent commentator and is now retired. Now he just likes to give his opinions because he's prominent and drinks a lot of red wine.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's bascially the German Martin Tyler, used to be German Sky's main and most prominent commentator and is now retired. Now he just likes to give his opinions because he's prominent and drinks a lot of red wine.
:lol: Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Red_toad

will he allow us to play higher up the pitch? How does Fiorentina playing style, do they play higher up or always dropping deep?
Good in the air, comfortable on the ball and pretty decent pace. Fiorentina tend to sit back, but he’s very able to play higher up. With 1 year on his deal at the end of the season, he’ll certainly be up for sale.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
:lol: Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Not directed at or criticizing you, of course, I should be complaining to the authors at SportWitness, obviously, but they're not reading this :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not directed at or criticizing you, of course, I should be complaining to the authors at SportWitness, obviously, but they're not reading this :lol:
It's all good. You've helped me in better filtering the SportWitness reports.

SportWitness are like that, though. I tend to gloss over many of their Tweets and reports because they bring attention to questionable sources. Of course, it's not for nothing; they do what we do and evaluate the stories, and quite often, they question the stories from such sources. With this, though, they did no such thing, weirdly, probably because of the recent stories about Chelsea actually monitoring Süle due to his contract situation.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's all good. You've helped me in better filtering the SportWitness reports.

SportWitness are like that, though. I tend to gloss over many of their Tweets and reports because they bring attention to questionable sources. Of course, it's not for nothing; they do what we do and evaluate the stories, and quite often, they question the stories from such sources. With this, though, they did no such thing, weirdly, probably because of the recent stories about Chelsea actually monitoring Süle due to his contract situation.
I don't mind SportWitness, at least they are transparent in terms of sources and media origins, and present the whole media chain of evidence, honestly one of the few football outlets to display that kind of competency and reflectiveness.

And I mean, on paper, calling Reif a journalist is not wrong, it's just if you're familiar with the German landscape and actually witnessed Reif in the past and present, that word strikes one as misleading.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't know how genuine this is, but here you go:

Source: Il Milanista

Basically, Maldini and Massara have met up to discuss the prospects of buying Dalot from Manchester United. They've considered bidding 17 million Euros for him though they've yet to even contact United.

dev1l

I don't know how genuine this is, but here you go:

Source: Il Milanista

Basically, Maldini and Massara have met up to discuss the prospects of buying Dalot from Manchester United. They've considered bidding 17 million Euros for him though they've yet to even contact United.
There are other reports saying that Milan only have cash to buy one of the four players on loan with them - with Timori the favorite.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There are other reports saying that Milan only have cash to buy one of the four players on loan with them - with Timori the favorite.
If they have to purchase anyone on loan, it has to be Tomori. He went straight into the first team on his arrival. I think that'll depend on whether they are still interested in Simakan or not, but with RB Leipzig being more keen on him, they may just go for Tomori.

Oh well, Dalot was doing quite well, there, but I guess there's nothing wrong with giving him another chance here after a decent loan spell at Milan (as of now).

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Steinberg refers to Romano's report in his reference to Madrid being favourites to sign Alaba.
  • Liverpool & United expressed their interest as well.
  • Tuchel still wants a new centre back despite potentially having 5 in the summer (my note: possible summer sale?).
  • Chelsea linked to the following CBs
    • Dayot Upamecano
    • Nicklas Süle

dev1l

If they have to purchase anyone on loan, it has to be Tomori. He went straight into the first team on his arrival. I think that'll depend on whether they are still interested in Simakan or not, but with RB Leipzig being more keen on him, they may just go for Tomori.

Oh well, Dalot was going quite well, there, but I guess there's nothing wrong with giving him another chance here after a decent loan spell at Milan (as of now).
If Dalot perfoms well, I m sure there ll be more suitors for him

BlahRules

Fiorentina tend to defend deep most of the time, but that doesn't mean that Milenkovic can't defend higher up. He's an aggressive defender who tends to play on the front foot and tries to win the ball quickly. For a tall defender, he is quick, though he isn't particularly fast like, say, Varane. In terms of his overall defending, that does mean that he tends to ball-watch if he doesn't win the ball quickly enough, so he's better off man-marking players or defending 1-on-1 situations.
Good in the air, comfortable on the ball and pretty decent pace. Fiorentina tend to sit back, but he’s very able to play higher up. With 1 year on his deal at the end of the season, he’ll certainly be up for sale.
u

Thanks for the response. It sound like he can be a Dias for us that helps us become more sold and allow us to attack or just be a flop as it sounds like he isn't the finished article.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
u

Thanks for the response. It sound like he can be a Dias for us that helps us become more sold and allow us to attack or just be a flop as it sounds like he isn't the finished article.
I honestly think that he's at his best as a right-sided centre back in a back 3. That allows him to be his aggressive self, and it allows him to be more expressive on the ball. In a back 4, he tends to be quite conservative on the ball unless he has two other players covering for him. He still has time on his side, but I haven't seen much of an improvement over the past couple of years, though Fiorentina's managerial changes don't help in that regard.

BlahRules

I honestly think that he's at his best as a right-sided centre back in a back 3. That allows him to be his aggressive self, and it allows him to be more expressive on the ball. In a back 4, he tends to be quite conservative on the ball unless he has two other players covering for him. He still has time on his side, but I haven't seen much of an improvement over the past couple of years, though Fiorentina's managerial changes don't help in that regard.
If that's the case then I don't think he is a player for us. Sound like an Azpilicueta type of player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

• United continue to monitor Sancho and Grealish
  • Areas that United are looking to strengthen
    • Centre back
    • Right back (maybe)
    • Midfield (if Pogba leaves)
  • ~118 million Pound loss means that United will be more careful with their expenditure

Devil may care

How many more wide attackers do Chelsea need.

• United continue to monitor Sancho and Grealish
  • Areas that United are looking to strengthen
    • Centre back
    • Right back (maybe)
    • Midfield (if Pogba leaves)
  • ~118 million Pound loss means that United will be more careful with their expenditure
Expectations duly lowered, the idea we only want a midfielder if Pogba goes is ridiculous.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Expectations duly lowered, the idea we only want a midfielder if Pogba goes is ridiculous.
COVID-19 has hit every club hard, so we can't spend money on multiple key signings like we could in the past. Our first priority appears to be our back line with the centre back and right back positions being the highest priority. The point is that, if we want to strengthen our side fully (i.e. plug in all of the gaps), then we'll need to sell in order to buy.

cyberman

Why who else do we need?
Our need for a MF is vastly overblown, lets plug lesser gaps before we make our squad lopsided.

AgentSmith

Why who else do we need?
Our need for a MF is vastly overblown, lets plug lesser gaps before we make our squad lopsided.
A CDM is second only to a RW in terms of need.

Much further ahead of a CB or a back up RB.

peridigm

True

The only signing from last summer that has really made any significant contribution is Cavani.
Unless you want to count DVB's consolation goal against Palace and I wouldn't label Telles' appearances significant.
Hopefully the new kid Diallo gets into the squad sooner rather than later and contributes.

Otherwise, no CB, RW, or CM this summer will be a huge letdown to Ole in terms of his rebuild. I understand the hesitation due to COVID though. Tough couple of years coming up for all teams.

Devil may care

COVID-19 has hit every club hard, so we can't spend money on multiple key signings like we could in the past. Our first priority appears to be our back line with the centre back and right back positions being the highest priority. The point is that, if we want to strengthen our side fully (i.e. plug in all of the gaps), then we'll need to sell in order to buy.
The RB shouldn't be a prority, AWB will start most of the time just like Shaw, we can easily get by with Williams, Axel and potentially Laird as the back-ups, we need a holding midfielder as much as any other position.

Why who else do we need?
We need a CB and a Holding midfielder above all else, the midfield is out of balance with three #8's, two of whom are limited on the ball, and one holder whose legs have gone in Matic, who Ole is clearly phasing out.

True

The only signing from last summer that has really made any significant contribution is Cavani.
Unless you want to count DVB's consolation goal against Palace and I wouldn't label Telles' appearances significant.
Hopefully the new kid Diallo gets into the squad sooner rather than later and contributes.

Otherwise, no CB, RW, or CM this summer will be a huge letdown to Ole in terms of his rebuild. I understand the hesitation due to COVID though. Tough couple of years coming up for all teams.
Yeah, the team hasn't gotten the investment needed to help Ole really challenge Liverpool and City. At this point it's hard to see why we bought Van de Beek as Ole doesn't seem to have any set plan for him, he seems to have been the budget option the board got Ole when they couldn't get Grealish. Diallo looks very exciting, hopefully we see him against West Ham in the FA cup.

Amid covid the Glazers managed to give Tom Brady a gigantic contract, they need to back Ole properly this summer, the 3 holes in the side have been obvious for ages.

Red_toad

u

Yeah he honestly go either way, but he’d be very affordable and would have good resale value if it didn’t work out. I though Dias would struggle with City but he’s really improved tremendously. People think they can spot a nailed on hit, but there’s so many variables. If he takes Jones & Rojo’s squad place then it’d be an upgrade. He should be a hit and I’d be pleased if we signed him.

g11

The RB shouldn't be a prority, AWB will start most of the time just like Shaw, we can easily get by with Williams, Axel and potentially Laird as the back-ups, we need a holding midfielder as much as any other position.

We need a CB and a Holding midfielder above all else, the midfield is out of balance with three #8's, two of whom are limited on the ball, and one holder whose legs have gone in Matic, who Ole is clearly phasing out.

Yeah, the team hasn't gotten the investment needed to help Ole really challenge Liverpool and City. At this point it's hard to see why we bought Van de Beek as Ole doesn't seem to have any set plan for him, he seems to have been the budget option the board got Ole when they couldn't get Grealish. Diallo looks very exciting, hopefully we see him against West Ham in the FA cup.

Amid covid the Glazers managed to give Tom Brady a gigantic contract, they need to back Ole properly this summer, the 3 holes in the side have been obvious for ages.
Based on how many goals that we have conceded this year so far - an upgraded CB is probably the biggest need for me. Offense wins game but defense will win championship. Flathead is a good defender but he can't organize our defense and cover the weakness of his partner. We need someone better than Iceman to play a long side with him.
We are an injury away to have Phil freakin Jones playing CB for us.

cyberman

A CDM is second only to a RW in terms of need.

Much further ahead of a CB or a back up RB.
I cant see how this is true. So we are deciding between Saul Niguez, Pogba and Scott for a positon only to have a choice of a sometimes fit Bailly and Lindelof behind them?

AgentSmith

I cant see how this is true. So we are deciding between Saul Niguez, Pogba and Scott for a positon only to have a choice of a sometimes fit Bailly and Lindelof behind them?
Being forced to play the McFred base constantly, due to the lack of a proper CDM, in bigger games really hinders our attack. Hence why we’ve only scored 1 goal in the 6 games against the ‘Big 6’ this season.

To take your example, this is much stronger -

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Saul Fred​

than this

AWB Upamecano Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred​

Status
Not open for further replies.