Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

He's average, has a lot of penalty goals and mostly tap ins. Haven't really been impressed by his finishing or general play. Frankfurts best offensive player has definitely been their left winger, Kostic.

Jovic and Haller were much more impressive during that time. Make it that what you will.
I agree, had a lot of hype is now 25 and had one good season. NOt seen much of him this season but from I have he just looks competant and noting special, all for bargain deals or gambles on youngsters, personally dont see the low fee as either. Definately not one for me

jesperjaap

Source: Foot Mercato

Foot Mercato aren't typically reliable, but they state that we've apparently initiated contacts with him, which in itself is a big claim.
£80m is ridiculous as not even proven himself yet. To be fair was always going to be a high fee, lets not forget they paid £30m for him themselves which is big money for Leciester. Looks a rough diamond and I think in a year or two he could be a world class defender....but for £80m you expect to be already buying a world class defender....actually scratch that we paid that for Maguire.
I see there are a lot of links with big clubs for Romagnoli for £30m EUROS, different situation of course with the contract running out and sadly he has that arse of an agent representing him but that is ridiculous value. He isnt Nesta or Cannavaro but he is one of the best defenders for me in the world and has been for a few years now, just doesnt get the credit with Milan and the lack of success they have had recently. Probably a language barrier too but this is instant captain material we certainly lack, a world class defender that we lack, an organiser that we lack £80m Fofana is a ridiculous fee in comparison as much as I rate him, far too high but ROmagnoli should be going for twice thee fee being reported for him, should be a huge priority signing for a few of Europes biggest clubs, which is the concern but we should definately be in for him, approching his peak too

Devil may care

I know the clause has been debunked but I wouldn't want to see us pay much more than that given the Jovic disaster.

He's by far the most proven quality CB we are linked with but the Ramos burn is still fresh.

Source: Foot Mercato

Foot Mercato aren't typically reliable, but they state that we've apparently initiated contacts with him, which in itself is a big claim.
Scholes will be happy.

Scholsey2004

Isn't Frankfurt where Jovic scored around 480,000 goals before signing for Madrid and scoring none?
Recurring theme with Bundesliga players. Mkhitaryan and Kagawa looked a hell of a lot better there than they did in England. There must be a real cliff edge in quality between the top sides and the others in Germany that makes players look better than they are.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd put Fofana on the same level as Upamecano, Konate, Kounde and Torres with the benefit of being prem proven, so wouldn't suprise me us playing slightly more for him.

If I was going to bet on it though it would be Milenkovic as the price is so much cheaper.

Mark Pawelek

Recurring theme with Bundesliga players. Mkhitaryan and Kagawa looked a hell of a lot better there than they did in England. There must be a real cliff edge in quality between the top sides and the others in Germany that makes players look better than they are.
Also a gap between Spain and Germany! Witness: Ousmane Dembélé.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I'd put Fofana on the same level as Upamecano, Konate, Kounde and Torres with the benefit of being prem proven, so wouldn't suprise me us playing slightly more for him.

If I was going to bet on it though it would be Milenkovic as the price is so much cheaper.
He has had a good season but he is not Prem Proven. Need to do it for 2 or 3 years to be considered proven

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Also a gap between Spain and Germany! Witness: Ousmane Dembélé.
Dembele isn’t a product of German football at all really. He was literally just passing through. He spent one year there. He is basically just another huge French talent, and his failure or success shouldn’t really be linked with Germany.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The relevant quote (on being involved in the new logo reveal):
It's been an honour, I like it because it looks to the future, a future that we could build together. I'm happy here, I hope to stay with this club for a long time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

There's lots to digest from this one Sport Witness article.

Unai Emery's quotes in Radio Marca:
If Atlético Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona want Villarreal players, it’s a source of pride. And Pau Torres? Double, because he’s also from here. If he leaves here, he has to go to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
La Razón's info:
  • Real Madrid and Barcelona are not planning to bid for Pau Torres.
    • Barcelona not interested
    • Real Madrid focusing on Alaba
  • United are in the best position to sign the player.
    • Info from Pau's camp is that the player "would welcome" the transfer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Massara declared Ibra's contract extension to be "imminent" whilst, on Calhanoglu and Donnarumma, "There are no updates, but we are serene since the club has done it's part."

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Atlético de Madrid considers Marcos Llorente to be an essential player for them. Therefore, he isn't for sale, and the full release clause amount of 125 million Euros will need to be paid.

D4X73r

Has Romano switched from trying to reveal something to translating others?
Or was he always doing this?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Has Romano switched from trying to reveal something to translating others?
Or was he always doing this?
He's been doing this for a while. In the past, he'd report transfer stories from other journalists without necessarily acknowledging them or giving them credit, but ever since he's gotten called out for it, he now gives more of them credit for the news.

D4X73r

He's been doing this for a while. In the past, he'd report transfer stories from other journalists without necessarily acknowledging them or giving them credit, but ever since he's gotten called out for it, he now gives more of them credit for the news.
I see. Good to acknowledge others but still a cnut for not doing this from the beginning

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I see. Good to acknowledge others but still a cnut for not doing this from the beginning
By the way, Matteo Moretto is part of the Di Marzio staff, so Romano basically acts as translator here and has done so since Moretto joined Twitter.

EDIT: Romano also has his own sources and breaks his own stories; he doesn't do it all the time, though.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: De Telegraaf

On whether Krul will retire at Norwich or not:
I don’t know, because I plan to continue for many more years. But I renewed my contract in January and will be under contract until the summer of 2024. It must be very strange if I want to leave this summer. Never say never. But there are only a few clubs that I would leave Norwich for.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sources: Uruguayan and Argentine media

If the Uruguayan media are saying this as well, then he's pretty much leaving.

Also:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Messi wants to have the best by his side. Messi wants the promises to be fulfilled. And one of Leo's wishes is called Sergio Agüero. Friend, top striker, the ideal reinforcement for Barça. The club continues working to bring Kun so Messi would finally be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.