Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

César Luis Merlo, who is fairly reliable in Mexico, also reported the same thing about Tigres being close to signing him.

Honestly, this'll be an amazing signing for Tigres. As much as Thauvin struggled at Newcastle, he has matured into a very good footballer in his second spell with Marseille. I was expecting more European clubs to chase him, but maybe Thauvin himself isn't so interested in moving elsewhere within Europe.
I wouldn't sign for 5 years if I was him. 2 year deal sounds fine.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I'm surprised that it took this long for Wijnaldum to start getting linked to clubs other than just Barcelona. What's even more incredible is how news about Wijnaldum's contract negotiations have been kept so quiet by Liverpool.

EDIT: Response

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Update [on] Hakimi: Interest [yes], Offer [no]. Reason: still too expensive; no exit clause. Bayern Munich [are] still under pressure to save [money] but looking for quality for the right side. As Kerry Hau [of SPOX and Goal] just confirmed: Hakimi is open to a change!
Kerry Hau's revelation:

"Who would not like to play for Bayern Munich?" Achraf Hakimi's advisor does not rule out a change for the right back to [Bayern] Munich. For this, however, a lot would have to come together in the next few months.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

What can I say…Manchester United, they decide. Lazio have the option to buy me from Manchester United. It’s in Lazio’s hands if they really want me to stay here.

I understood that they like me very much and want me to stay here.
And I also liked the city, I felt really good. And of course, if it’s to play, to stay here, and of course, everyone wants to be important, to play more as a starter. I’d always like to stay here, I think Lazio are a great club.

But if it doesn’t happen, I’ll talk to Manchester. I always talk to the Manchester United manager too. And he said that we have to talk too. So it depends a lot on what happens with Lazio, if they decide, they have now until the end of the league to decide. If they don’t decide by then, I think I’ll have to talk to Manchester and see what the option is for me, for Manchester, and to see my future.

Because I want, as I said, to have a chance to play a World Cup. I think I have to set things right for me so I can start playing for a team, so that I feel good and appear more in football.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Dortmund are in dire need of a higher-quality keeper. Gulasci could have been a great pick-up for them, but it looks like he's no longer an option for now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
United confirm Harvey Neville's departure.

Inter Miami have the rights to him, and for this season, he'll spend his time with their affiliate club, Fort Lauderdale CF.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So it's been two days since Mourinho was announced as Roma's next head coach, and the Italian media have gone crazy with linking players to him (in various forms and platforms). The players:
  • Nemanja Matic
  • Juan Mata
  • David de Gea
  • Eric Dier
  • Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
  • Rui Patricio
  • Nelson Semedo
  • Nathan Aké
  • Anwar el Ghazi
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Lucas Moura
  • Harry Kane
This is pretty much a full XI of players! :lol:
Add Donny van de Beek to the list. Somehow, he's a player who Mourinho is apparently interested in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The article referred to ESPN linking both Chelsea and Manchester City to Lewandowski with both teams considering an offer of 60 million Euros for him.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

The article referred to ESPN linking both Chelsea and Manchester City to Lewandowski with both teams considering an offer of 60 million Euros for him.

0 percent chance we are bidding 60 mil for him. Ain't he like 34

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
0 percent chance we are bidding 60 mil for him. Ain't he like 34
BlackShark pointed out the correct age, but yeah, he's old. On the story itself, that's from ESPN, so I wouldn't take them seriously. With that said, Plettenberg's coverage of this developing story is mainly because of Haaland and his availability in 2022. Zahavi's also being prompted to act because of that, and I'm now no longer surprised to read more stories about Zahavi wanting to assure Lewandowski's future.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Continuing on from the previous Pereira Tweet:

I think I’ve said this several times, I made it clear already. I’ve always said, I’m a Santos fan. When I finish here in Europe, my choice will always be Santos FC. It doesn’t matter what it is or how it is. But for me in Brazil there’s only one team, it’s Santos, I already made that clear. This is a dream, to end my career at Santos. I’ve already spoken to the president, they’ve already spoken to me, they left me very calm. So let’s see what will happen in the next few years. But I would very much like to end my career at Santos. But not only to finish, just to be able to play for Santos would be an immense pride.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
One down, one to go.

Such a waste of a career, remember the player who was dragging Barca back from the dead after a 4-0 loss to PSG? Who scored in every round of the UCL including the final? If that player hadn't disappeared he'd be the main man at Barcelona now given age is obviously catching up with Messi and no longer in his shadow. Such a waste

theklr

Such a waste of a career, remember the player who was dragging Barca back from the dead after a 4-0 loss to PSG? Who scored in every round of the UCL including the final? If that player hadn't disappeared he'd be the main man at Barcelona now given age is obviously catching up with Messi and no longer in his shadow. Such a waste
Agree, he 100% should have stayed there and become one of their all time greats. Now he is borderline irrelevant because of the little impact PSG have made in CL .

I do wonder if its a coincidence that news are coming out almost the same time as Barca are facing a potential CL ban though.

jesperjaap

Source:
Have to wonder who would come in for him? I thought he had a chance of makign it here and deserved more opportunities rather than loans from a couple of good preseasons. When he started getting them I realised I was certainly wrong and it appears he has done very little at Lazio either.Think this is another of those outgoings that brings in sod all of a transfer fee for us

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We might as well add Bruno Fernandes to our shortlist while we're at it. No chance this one has any legs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We might as well add Bruno Fernandes to our shortlist while we're at it. No chance this one has any legs.

Falk's a terrible source, in fairness.

manuchamp88

I can understand his decision to leave Barça as he's too talented not to be the main guy - something he knew would never happen with Messi. I mean, Messi is like a god there - it must be quite disheartened to feel like you're a top player but to be always in your teammate's shadow. And by the time Messi retires, Neymar would be past his peak anyway. It's clear he preferred a challenge rather than an easier route to win the Champions League as Messi's sidekick. Like I say, I do admire him for that and he's not like he's won nothing in France. But choosing this path, PSG was his only real option: he wouldn't come to Manchester because of the weather/culture shock, and out of London and Paris, I still think he would have found Paris more appealing given the choice; Italian teams couldn't have afforded him, nor Bayern and he'd get slaughtered if he went directly to Madrid. Some quality players just prefer to be the main man and that means finding the right team for themselves. So, if Mbappé goes, Neymar will again have the limelight he obviously craves and we may see him back to his best.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wouldn't call it waste of career since he has achieved everything in Barcelona. He has no reason to prove himself in top tier league in the biggest club anymore, I guess his aim is now just to make money, enjoy his life, and play in his comfort zone.

I think the ones who had wasted their career is Cavani, Veratti and those players who barely try to compete in top tier league to compete but chose to stay in Ligue 1.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wouldn't call it waste of career since he has achieved everything in Barcelona. He has no reason to prove himself in top tier league in the biggest club anymore, I guess his aim is now just to make money, enjoy his life, and play in his comfort zone.

I think the ones who had wasted their career is Cavani, Veratti and those players who barely try to compete in top tier league to compete but chose to stay in Ligue 1.
He could have stayed at Barca and become one of the all time best, his level has gone down since moving to PSG. He'll never be remembered as one of the best ever now

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He could have stayed at Barca and become one of the all time best, his level has gone down since moving to PSG. He'll never be remembered as one of the best ever now
I'm not sure if not staying at Barca to become one of the all time best is considered as waste of career. I think he prefers more than just being one club all time best.

Status
Not open for further replies.