Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Looks like we will be battling it out for 4th place again next season (sigh)
Though I think we will do nowehere near enough numbers wise, lets wait until the end of the window to judge.Ive actually a feeling of potential dressing room unrest at Chelsea next summer. Personally though I think all are good players and signings, only Havertz coming seriously improves the quality of the first eleven to me. Is Chilwell better on the left than Azpilacueta, Ziyech than WIllian or Pedro? Interested to see how Werner does as not sure he is the super striker so many feel.

jesperjaap

Those are all fantastic signings for Chelsea. We barely finished above them this year and they’ve now improved massively.

Meanwhile, what are we doing? Haggling for a generational talent over some money we could easily make back from a noodle sponsor.
Thing is though they have been good going forward already, defensively at time been a shambles from midfield to defence (why Kante been dropped beyond me unless just injury related), particularly in the middle, and they still havent signed a centre back

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Though I think we will do nowehere near enough numbers wise, lets wait until the end of the window to judge.Ive actually a feeling of potential dressing room unrest at Chelsea next summer. Personally though I think all are good players and signings, only Havertz coming seriously improves the quality of the first eleven to me. Is Chilwell better on the left than Azpilacueta, Ziyech than WIllian or Pedro? Interested to see how Werner does as not sure he is the super striker so many feel.
Are you really asking if Ziyech is an upgrade on Willian/Pedro? Wow.

Chilwell is a LB. Azpi is a RB.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Ziyech is miles better than Willian and Pedro. Pedro barely saw the pitch this past season. Werner dramatically improves on both Willian and Pedro as well. Azpi is awful when played as a LB which he did a lot because Frank doesn't fancy Alonso in a back 4 or Emerson altogether. Chillwell, an actual LB, will be a considerable upgrade.

Honestly, I think our biggest question mark is how the midfield looks in the center of the pitch. Kante & Kovacic? Kante & Jorginho? It's a mystery.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Thing is though they have been good going forward already, defensively at time been a shambles from midfield to defence (why Kante been dropped beyond me unless just injury related), particularly in the middle, and they still havent signed a centre back
Yes and no.
There's been a problem just as much in finishing. Weve had multiple games this season where weve had 20 odd shots to 1 and lost the game or dropped points. Some new blood up front was absolutely needed.
Kantes been injured for ages.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Honestly, I think our biggest question mark is how the midfield looks in the center of the pitch. Kante & Kovacic? Kante & Jorginho? It's a mystery.
Chelsea are looking to sell Jorginho, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's not central to Lampard's plans. The starting midfield will most likely be Kovacic-Kante-Havertz (or Mount if Havertz doesn't come in).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He should keep waiting and see if they raise it further :D

I may regret saying this, but I'm not too keen, given what else is out there. Badiashile looks more tasty and then there's the real deal Upamecano.

NoMidfielders

Been clear along we don't want Gabriel, sadly what is less clear is who we do actually want outside of Sancho which has completely stalled for weeks. We could do with some good news at the minute.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
With this long, drawn out saga you would think this Gariel is world class or something. If he was so good all the big PL sides would be gunning for him. All of us need CB's and yet only Arsenal are pushing hard for him.

He looks alright but nothing remarkable. Just looks a solid player.

roseguy64

That team (not united) is interested in a player, next day or week it's done. United? We are interested, we are picking up more interest, contacts made but no serious talks, new talks, now supervising, almost about to reaching an agreement, player waiting United checking up stats on FM, deal will be completed soon.
That's not remotely true. Chilwell has been linked to Chelsea for months. Same too Havertz.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’ll be honest, it is a bit annoying to see Chelsea completing 5 high quality signings before we’ve completed even 1. I’d like to avoid being reactionary but it’s hard not to be, we still need some signings and I hope we complete them soon.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if Thiago Silva would push Chelsea into title contenders next season. I’ve always rated him.
Im guessing the board only has money left for either a top cb or a top keeper if we are after thiago silva for a year or 2.
Which is fine by me a keeper is more a priority than cb and i welcome him for a season if it goes through. Top player.
Its easy to have all these new faces and say title charge but we need to see how they play how the team gels etc.

croadyman

He should keep waiting and see if they raise it further :D

I may regret saying this, but I'm not too keen, given what else is out there. Badiashile looks more tasty and then there's the real deal Upamecano.
Would you prefer to get Badashile now or wait it out until next year for Upamecano just out of interest

croadyman

I’ll be honest, it is a bit annoying to see Chelsea completing 5 high quality signings before we’ve completed even 1. I’d like to avoid being reactionary but it’s hard not to be, we still need some signings and I hope we complete them soon.
Yeah but like you say how can Utd expect the fanbase to not be reactionary when we see Chelsea doing deals left right and centre while we appear to be still stuck in the starting gates and going nowhere right now

croadyman

When we compare what Chelsea are doing against what we are (not) doing it disappoints me immensely.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I realise they have had a transfer ban so obviously they will sign more players than most teams but then they have actually got Football people making Football decisions on their board which believe me makes a world of difference

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Complete what?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When we compare what Chelsea are doing against what we are (not) doing it disappoints me immensely.
Yeah, can't help but feel envious. They've completely revitalised the attack with those three exciting players they've added. And then they've also gone ahead and added two defenders. Remains to be seen how well these players do but the club has done their part in the team going up a level next season. Fair play.

We on the other hand are targeting the right man but have spent all our time thus far not being able to afford him. Don't see us having anywhere near the window Chelsea have come the end of this window which will be an utter shame given we really really needed to build on the 3rd place finish

Anyhoo still a long time to go I suppose.

ayushreddevil9

No concrete links to anyone..just interested, preparing bid stage until the deadline day I guess.

While our rivals keep on strengthening! Classic

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No concrete links to anyone..just interested, preparing bid stage until the deadline day I guess.

While our rivals keep on strengthening! Classic
Thing is, our first choice target is better than any of their signings. But we don't have the cash to buy him. And the other links like Brooks etc seem really uninspiring. We really need to get a move on over the next 2 weeks.

ayushreddevil9

Thing is, our first choice target is better than any of their signings. But we don't have the cash to buy him. And the other links like Brooks etc seem really uninspiring. We really need to get a move on over the next 2 weeks.
This only shows incompetence. If you can't get the signing done then move on to plan B(is there any?). What's gonna happen instead is we do jack shit until Dortmund says feck you, we drop a few points in the opening games prompting woody to go all in with his scattergun.

Status
Not open for further replies.