Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinNombre

who is this fella

I know its small details but they really need to start reporting fees correctly.
They are, based on what gets the most clicks.

DvB - €40m rising to €45m (£40m) reported as £40m
Chilwell - £45m rising to £50m reported as £45m

The narrative that sells is how bad Woody and United are at transfers, and how good Marina and Chelsea are.

If you look on the caf, a lot of United fans like reading that narrative as well.

who is this fella

The narrative that sells is how bad Woody and United are at transfers, and how good Marina and Chelsea are.

If you look on the caf, a lot of United fans like reading that narrative as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sounds like a good deal, you all seem pretty underwhelmed :confused: Is he a Matic replacement ?
He's there to add depth to our team. He'll likely fill in wherever we have a gap in our midfield or even start. He could most likely come in for one of Pogba or Bruno; he can play as a DM in place of Fred or Matic; he can even play on the right as an additional midfielder if needed.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's there to add depth to our team. He'll likely fill in wherever we have a gap in our midfield or even start. He could most likely come in for one of Pogba or Bruno; he can play as a DM in place of Fred or Matic; he can even play on the right as an additional midfielder if needed.
Bit pricey for a cover-it-all sub, i'd thought he'd be a definite starter and matic would get slowly phased out.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Note to BvB. This is how you do business in a dignified and respectful manner bearing in mind the current global financial climate and surrounding circumstances.

Not quoting a ridiculously inflated price, unnecessarily prolonging negotiations, leaking bullshit quotes when you know your player wants to leave, getting your CEO to taunt potential buyers through social media and getting your social media team to join in the shithousery.
Bring back mica please

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bit pricey for a cover-it-all sub, i'd thought he'd be a definite starter and matic would get slowly phased out.
We'll see if he'll be a sub. He's definitely not coming in to sit on the bench. He can easily compete for places against Bruno, and he can even play games on the right if Greenwood's not able to or ready to play.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I swear on me old TV, the moment any mainstream media says anything that hints vbD to United is off or stalled, Jan will immediately pull his phone out like it's a gun and type the same thing but with more exaggeration and exclamations
"Re: vdB
AJAX SAID HE IS NOT FOR SALE! HE WILL STAY AJAX PLAYER FOR NEXT SEASON.

ManUnited are in tough position! LOOUUUDDD NOISES!"

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Indeed! That's why it's difficult to get too upset at losing a 16 year old.

The only academy kids we've lost/let go who have gone on to do well are Declan Rice and maybe Eddie Nketiah (probably more that I can't remember!).
Andy King has done ok for himself i suppose, too. Ola Aina. Chris Mepham is doing alright aswell i guess. Even though he got relegated last year

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, Conte's also targeting N'Golo Kante to improve Inter's midfield. However, he needs to sell two of Brozovic, Gagliardini, or Vecino in order to bring more midfielders in.

Translation:
Kante is first in Conte's list, confirmed. [He's] Followed by Ndombele. Obviously Bidal (sp) is a separate matter. But it is necessary to sell two between Brozovic, Gagliardini, and Vecino.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Looks like Juve will sign one of Chelsea's promising players. How do the Chelsea fans feel about this? @Spiersey @duffer @Kentonio @Theafonis
It happens. We do it to other clubs, too. Some will go on and prove to be a talent and a mistake to let go. Others will eventually move on and be shown to be bang average, Solanke, Piazon, Lewis Baker when he leaves, Kasey Palmer plenty more

Amarsdd

Don't know if its been posted, but passable bit of acting by Doherty here. :lol:

Official: City's Yangel Herrera goes on yet another loan spell to La Liga with Valencia having missed out on a potential Ferran Torres replacement.
I might be misunderstanding what you've written, but Herrera would definitely not replace Torres. He's a defensive midfielder, not a winger

Slysi17

We'll see if he'll be a sub. He's definitely not coming in to sit on the bench. He can easily compete for places against Bruno, and he can even play games on the right if Greenwood's not able to or ready to play.
Both Paul pogba and Bruno Fernandes have to be consistently good as Van De Beek could take their spot. Whereas before they literally had no competition as Andreas Pereira and Lingard are crap. That's the difference Van De Beek makes.

pacifictheme

Both Paul pogba and Bruno Fernandes have to be consistently good as Van De Beek could take their spot. Whereas before they literally had no competition as Andreas Pereira and Lingard are crap. That's the difference Van De Beek makes.
Absolutely. You could tell fernandes was shattered at the end of the season but imagine benching him for Pereira or lingard.

This provides quality depth and competition in an area we badly needed it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I might be misunderstanding what you've written, but Herrera would definitely not replace Torres. He's a defensive midfielder, not a winger
Yeah, I wasn't clear enough. I meant that he'd just take up a spot in the squad that Ferran Torres was taking, not that he'd be playing in the same role. They also lost Dani Parejo and Coquelin, so Yangel would be more of a replacement for them in the midfield (more of a Coquelin replacement than Parejo, mind you).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, exactly, this is one of the biggest benefits of getting a player like van de Beek in. He'll offer the competition that'll keep both of them on their toes, and when there come the games where they struggle, van de Beek can come in and keep us going.

Marvin-ator

who is this fella

I agree. There is and has always been a north south media bias. London is the be all and end all of England - frustrating.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
There's something wrong with the Thiago Alcantara thing. No way a guy like that hasn't been snapped up if 30 million is the asking price. Highway robbery.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There's something wrong with the Thiago Alcantara thing. No way a guy like that hasn't been snapped up if 30 million is the asking price. Highway robbery.
His injury record, his demands, or maybe clubs just aren't that interested in him as he's been over rated on here massively!?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His injury record, his demands, or maybe clubs just aren't that interested in him as he's been over rated on here massively!?
Guess Werner also overrated

NoMidfielders

As mentioned in the article, he literally just renewed his contract. Ogden is reasonable but I'll wait for better confirmation on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.