Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuchamp88

He has been playing in the retirement league for the last 2 seasons and hasnt stood out as the best player there.. i love him.. but he is well past his best.
Coming back as a final farewell is good.. would be great..
Spending a transfer fee and big wages on him is stupid.. we need players in other positions. This is going back to the pre-Ole days where Woody went about trying to sign marquee players and ended up with big money signings who were past their sell by date.
Nothing against you, but I really don't care too much about all that. He's a club legend, and certainly one of the best players my generation has seen play for our club. Besides, it's not like he offers nothing. He scores 20+ goals a season, and that's good enough for most fans. To miss out on him, not because he doesn't have a use, but because he's older and we could maybe get an average midfielder for the same transfer fee, is silly.

Tiber

get the man a fecking piano. and cavani a new shirt number

Fox outside the box

Nothing against you, but I really don't care too much about all that. He's a club legend, and certainly one of the best players my generation has seen play for our club. Besides, it's not like he offers nothing. He scores 20+ goals a season, and that's good enough for most fans. To miss out on him, not because he doesn't have a use, but because he's older and we could maybe get an average midfielder for the same transfer fee, is silly.
I'm with you. Personally, I'd take a one legged, 42 year old Ronaldo for a season. I don't care if it's the best thing to do or not, football is an emotional game and I'd rather have Ronaldo back, have that connection etc than win the FA Cup. What a player to have around as well.

Also, imagine being Mason Greenwood and getting 12 months of Ronaldo and Cavani in training to learn from etc.

manuchamp88

I'm with you. Personally, I'd take a one legged, 42 year old Ronaldo for a season. I don't care if it's the best thing to do or not, football is an emotional game and I'd rather have Ronaldo back, have that connection etc than win the FA Cup. What a player to have around as well.

Also, imagine being Mason Greenwood and getting 12 months of Ronaldo and Cavani in training to learn from etc.
Exactly.

Riz

Wow fair enough might be something in this then.

On an unrelated note what are the rules on shirt numbers. Have these already been submitted and finalised or can a club change them whenever? Asking for a friend.

joedirt87

Is this really going to all turn round from a nightmare to a dream within 24 hours.

I don't particularly think the need for Ronaldo is that high, but it'll be fun to see him back and it's a guarantee of goals.
it was the bait of a lifetime, the bluff of a lifetime. Mendes playing it perfectly.

Pavl3n

If he comes in and bangs 30 goals for two seasons each, that will be some return.

James35

Well I'm excited. The DM signing is not happening but to bring back Ronaldo will be special. Goal machine and will take the chances that our forwards often squander. Top heavy we will certainly be but it should be fun at least.

I could certainly see late interest in Martial if this goes ahead, maybe even Juventus on loan with buy option.

Status
Not open for further replies.