Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
any time a team makes 4-5 significant signings they usually start off well and everyone says wow they’ve really sorted themselves out, is this their year? Then they hit a snag and fall apart because there is no team, just a disparate bunch of talented guys who don’t really know each other or each other’s games that well and loads of new characters for the manager to get a handle on…

It takes ages to build a proper core and Arsenal are all over the shop. Say Ben White for example. He’s used to playing in a 5 in teams that probably don’t expect to win every game. If he has some consecutive bad games in a four he’ll get ripped to shreds and the average player who they overpaid for talk begins and that’s pretty much that for him. Is he going to be their leader at the back now?
Played all the season before for Bielsa's Leeds in a 4 & excelled in it. Of course, that was in the Championship, but that's a very tough league, although not with the most quality. No doubt its still a big gamble though.

I don't think it will be 5 first team starters anyway, more likely 3 or 4 with 1 or 2 younger guys like Lokonga to take up squad roles.

Villa have had ywo bids rejected. I'm not suggesting he's leaving but Villa must had had encouragement to put an offer in.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't leave if the fee was agreed.
Would be a weird 1 if he did want to leave. This article was in October before he broke into the team.

https://dailycannon.com/2020/10/smith-rowe-im-an-arsenal-fan-want-to-be-a-legend-here/

Would be a bit strange now when he's finally broke through & we're looking to reward him with a new contract his views would change so much.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That's all well and good but it does not make Villa's bids laughable.
Fine, let's agree to disagree.
Villa have had ywo bids rejected. I'm not suggesting he's leaving but Villa must had had encouragement to put an offer in.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't leave if the fee was agreed.
I'm sure his agent is trying to get him the best deal possible. He's on 20k pw and will surely go up to 40/50k pw if he renew. Looking at Villa's wage structure they could be offering 60/65 and get close to Watkins ?
Take Grealish off this summer or the next: does he want to play for Villa on 60k or Arsenal for 50 ? Not sure what would be the appeal to him but maybe i'm biased.

Widow

I'm sure his agent is trying to get him the best deal possible. He's on 20k pw and will surely go up to 40/50k pw if he renew. Looking at Villa's wage structure they could be offering 60/65 and get close to Watkins ?
Take Grealish off this summer or the next: does he want to play for Villa on 60k or Arsenal for 50 ? Not sure what would be the appeal to him but maybe i'm biased.
I'm not deliberately having a pop but Arsenal are not a big pull and haven't been for a few years.

Would be a weird 1 if he did want to leave. This article was in October before he broke into the team.

https://dailycannon.com/2020/10/smith-rowe-im-an-arsenal-fan-want-to-be-a-legend-here/

Would be a bit strange now when he's finally broke through & we're looking to reward him with a new contract his views would change so much.
It happens in football though, right?

Again, I have no idea but Villa making two bids does sound like they've had the nod from somebody

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
10K a week is a big deal, plus a team on the decline vs a team on the rise.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not deliberately having a pop but Arsenal are not a big pull and haven't been for a few years.
Fair enough but what's Aston Villa's pull ? Let's be honest nobody expected them to have the first half of the season they had before collapsing a bit. But reading some posts you'd think they were in the race for Top4 or Top 6 and are a definite step-up. Grealish staying (big if) and the addition of Buendia might allow them to sustain their challenge a bit longer but that's still quite the gamble for 10k more pw.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
- Deal expected to be agreed this week
- No medical until England are out of the Euros
- Final fee in excess of £77.4m
- Sancho's salary is mentioned as £250k a week with bonuses
- BVB eyeing Madueke as his successor
- A CB being eyed Varane leading target Pau Torres the alternative
- Interest in Rice and Trippier but budget will struggle to stretch that much without sales
£250k a week base salary with goal and assist bonuses, so around £850k a week.

jesperjaap

If anyone's curious, Romano talked to The United Stand about the recent United links. The video:

From my perspective, he fully corroborates what Bouhafsi said but mentions on top of that there's nothing advanced at this time, which is also true. That makes sense given that our current budget was mainly established for one new attacking player and one new defender. Other signings will depend on whether United can sell more players.
Yes no cold water pouring. What I like abotu Romano is he talks sense and what he knows rather than thinks on the whole. With Camavinga Bouhafsi said agent have informed Rennes they are going to talk to us.....so quite obviously nothing is advanced if that has happened as we have had no contact with his club yet

jesperjaap

He doesn't want to leave on a free, so basically saying give us all the money this summer please.
Absolutely a "We are not a rich clkub and there is no way we are lettign our most valuable player leave for free next year. We are calm, e have had no offers.....but please start giving them to us"

jesperjaap

Should UTD go for it?
Abserfrickinglutely - If I could do four dream signings this summer, only Grealish tops him on the players I would love us to sign. I actually think a CM is probably our bieest priority personally to improve the side and in terms of potential ability, outside of Bellingham I cant think of anybody better. For the people saying he hasnt been as goo dthis season and he didnt make the French squad I have two words.........Mason Greenwood...and lets not forget he is actually a year younger. Obviously none of these players have proved anything really yet....but Hannibal, Amad and Camavinga and Greenwood really is some collection of teenagers to have at the club in terms of potential

RyRoc

It happens in football though, right?

Again, I have no idea but Villa making two bids does sound like they've had the nod from somebody
Don’t understand this narrative. In the last couple years Arsenal have signed Partey from Athletico Madrid and Aubamayeng from Dortmund, two teams who compete in europe every season whilst Arsenal have been nowhere near it last few years - not to mention Pepe who half of the top clubs in Europe were keeping tabs on. There’s still only about 9 or 10 teams in world football with more pull then Arsenal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seriously, who are these players? Any good?
Albert Sambi Lokonga has had a pretty good season at Anderlecht and looked like a pretty good playmaking midfielder. Nuno Tavares, on the other hand, gets a criticism from Benfica fans, and they're glad to see him go. I haven't watched Benfica play, so I can't comment on Nuno Tavares.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Inter Milan inquires about Onana. The goalkeeper ends his contract in June 2022 and at the moment he has no plans to renew. It may be an opportunity for [Inter] when he will be free.
EDIT: Tweet in English

Last edited:

roseguy64

Don’t understand this narrative. In the last couple years Arsenal have signed Partey from Athletico Madrid and Aubamayeng from Dortmund, two teams who compete in europe every season whilst Arsenal have been nowhere near it last few years - not to mention Pepe who half of the top clubs in Europe were keeping tabs on. There’s still only about 9 or 10 teams in world football with more pull then Arsenal.
The Aubameyang signing isn't that recent. They were competing for top 4 regularly at the time IIRC.

Widow

Partey hasn't pulled up many trees
Aubamayengs 15 goals were average at best for his level but still, class player
Pepe, terrible player! I wouldn't be claiming that as a win when if teams were 'keeping tabs' on him, they will say his form proves why they didn't go in enough to get him.

Willian, Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Torreira, Leno, papastathopoulos, Guendouzi, Lichtsteiner and Chambers just to name a few that nobody is fighting to get their hands on.

You said that only 9 or 10 teams have a bigger pull? I count 12/13 and that's enough for them to lose out on 99.9% of players that will be on the radar of those clubs. It's a narrative because it's true, Arsenal is not an attractive prospect for top players at the moment.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea

Fine, let's agree to disagree.

Could it not be a case of Smith-Rowe feeling like he has earned the right to be a regular starter and waiting to see if anything comes of the Ramsey rumours who would presumably block his path.

If Ramsey is coming in at Arsenal and Grealish heading for City then the move would make much more sense than it currently appears to.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Roberto Soldado signs a 2-year deal to join Levante. You'll remember him as having played against us for Granada in the Europa League, recently.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Barça are proposing to reduce what they will offer [i.e. the salary] by 50%, and instead of 5 years, which is the most common term for a new contract, Barça's proposal is for four seasons, via Xavi Campos.
Note: Dembélé currently earns more than 20 million Euros per season (or ~385k Euros per week). The new offer will basically 4 years and 10 million Euros per season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Note: Dembélé currently earns more than 20 million Euros per season (or ~385k Euros per week). The new offer will basically 4 years and 10 million Euros per season.
How much is Messi's new contract worth?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Could it not be a case of Smith-Rowe feeling like he has earned the right to be a regular starter and waiting to see if anything comes of the Ramsey rumours who would presumably block his path.

If Ramsey is coming in at Arsenal and Grealish heading for City then the move would make much more sense than it currently appears to.
Ramsey's agent came out pretty categorically & said the rumours of Ramsey to Arsenal were untrue.

We will be looking for an attacking midfielder, but considering ESR can play from the left, right & central there would be plenty games for him regardless. He also has slight fitness issues still where he needs to be handled carefully so you would think its also to his benefit not to be overplayed.

Perhaps you are right though, you never really know how these agents work. If only everything was as straightforward as Tierney's recent renewal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
This source is absolute garbage, no?
Pipi Estrada is the journalist with this news. Called Hazard to Real Madrid right?

Source: translation, agreement is total between Utd and Madrid

Last edited:

Tarrou

El Chiringuito is a good source I think

who knows if that twitter account is just making it up though

edit: nm its legit

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That would be quite a slap in the face for Ajax.. Onana making them wait out his suspension, killing chances of a summer transfer through his own fault and then signing somewhere else for free after it expires. Imho the decent thing to do would be to sign a one year extension, with a release clause if need be, so Ajax get some compensation. And if not they should seriously considering signing a new number one during this summer.

RyRoc

Partey hasn't pulled up many trees
Aubamayengs 15 goals were average at best for his level but still, class player
Pepe, terrible player! I wouldn't be claiming that as a win when if teams were 'keeping tabs' on him, they will say his form proves why they didn't go in enough to get him.

Willian, Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Torreira, Leno, papastathopoulos, Guendouzi, Lichtsteiner and Chambers just to name a few that nobody is fighting to get their hands on.

You said that only 9 or 10 teams have a bigger pull? I count 12/13 and that's enough for them to lose out on 99.9% of players that will be on the radar of those clubs. It's a narrative because it's true, Arsenal is not an attractive prospect for top players at the moment.
I’m not arguing how good these players have been for them - I’m saying that they managed to get them despite Partey being seen as one of Athletico best players , Aubameyang one of Dortmund , Pepe huge prospect. I think fans over think why players go to clubs . Arsenal offer some of the highest wages in European football , are willing to work with agents who will rip them off , and have the London factor which is especially influential for foreign players. Get your point about when competing with the other big sides but on the whole Arsenal still have far more pull then those teams out of the ‘big 6’ regardless of their current situation on the field because of the reasons stated

Status
Not open for further replies.