Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
Twist in the Kurt Zouma file! While the player's medical visit was scheduled, Chelsea and West Ham returned to a point of the contract and decided to cancel the deal. The defender will not engage with the Hammers!

theklr

You don't actually HAVE to start two of the three though. You still have two other central midfielders in Pogba and Donny, with the latter for some reason not getting a game, like, ever.
Maybe with Varane in the backline , yeah

roseguy64

That Guido Albers interview read like sarcasm from start to finish. I don't think either the agent or the player now genuinely believe that they will get chances this year - they just wanted to flag Solskjaer's public comments "in the English press". Notice they didn't make mention of any private assurances, probably because there haven't been any.
If that helps you okay

UTD_Since_1978

Don't know how he can say that with a straight face after we have to start two of Fred, McTominay or Matic in midfield.
He (Ole) said the exact same thing about the squad this time last year & come the end of that season we couldn't even beat the 8th placed team in the Spanish league in the Europa League Final.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was told by some on here Chelsea did their business so quickly, I presumed Kounde was signed months ago. Yet here we are.
No matter how many counterexamples there are from other clubs, nothing will convince the others that other clubs can and do face the same issues that United do.

dinostar77

Multiple outlets saying PSG want €235 mil (£200mil) for Mbappe. Basically a world record transfer fee for a player who has one year left on his contract. Thats nuts. Thats gotta be a we wont sell unless you put in a stupid bid then we will. Which you wont. So we get to keep him for another year.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If Chelsea get Kounde and Saul, I’ll be asking serious questions of our board.

Regardless of us being able to move players or not, we must sign a midfielder.

We’ve used funds ahead of schedule before (Bruno) so why not this summer too?

Chelsea and Liverpool are already looking strong and I don’t see us finishing higher than them or City without anymore signings.

Nero

Chelsea and Liverpool are already looking strong and I don’t see us finishing higher than them or City without anymore signings.
Bit too early to say Liverpool are looking strong. They've beaten Norwich and Burnley.

Von Mistelroum

Tbf Sancho was last year’s funds really.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Think they are spending our Ronaldo money as well.
Kounde would make it about a quarter of a billion net spend in last 13 months (net).

Obviously go back another year to when they fleeced Real for Hazard, that takes it down c£70m, though on the flip side, their sales prices to Italy look amazingly … … generous.

Jack-C20

Someone on the Burnley forum said he has pace to burn. But surely not at 34?
Maybe he looks quick next to their other forwards :lol:

In all seriousness he’s probably still rapid over 5 or 10 yards but lost his top end.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’ll always love Zouma and would’ve been perfectly fine keeping him. But it makes sense to get Koundé now before there’s loads of competition for him next summer.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’ll always love Zouma and would’ve been perfectly fine keeping him. But it makes sense to get Koundé now before there’s loads of competition for him next summer.
It’s rarely a bad idea to replace a player with a much younger, better player. It’s a good move for Kounde as he’ll play alongside Thiago Silva who’ll help him a lot in that first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.