Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We should be trying to sign Lewandowski ourselves. Does he fancy Manchester? :lol:
Various journalists have reported over the past few weeks that he's only interested in Barcelona and no other club. Chelsea were interested in signing Lewandowski but backed off once they learned of the player's wishes.

SATA

Various journalists have reported over the past few weeks that he's only interested in Barcelona and no other club. Chelsea were interested in signing Lewandowski but backed off once they learned of the player's wishes.
That’s a shame. Maybe he doesn’t fancy playing in England. Top player and striker even at 33

M4YON

He’s ruthless, isn’t he ? :lol:
No loyalty, No respect whatsoever.:lol:
I disagree, Bayern played at there own game for a change. They wanted Haaland, they're obligatory once a season signing from Dortmund and once it became apparent he was moving elsewhere tried to appease Lewy with a new contract. Lewy and his team knew this and are refusing to play second fiddle, good.

M4YON

"I’ve already made it clear to the board, I’ve already talked to Lampard too, with my agents and they know what I want. Let’s wait for June,” Richarlison told the local media (via Globo Esporte)

“Now I can’t talk, because when we talk about leaving a club I’m kind of like this, because of the history I have at Everton, the affection that the fans have for me, when we talk about leaving I’m a little speechless.”
He's been linked with Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Paris Saint Germain, and even Tottenham Hotspur.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m trying not to be too critical of our decision making post Woody, but…

- we have a player the new manager wants
- plays as a CB/RB (two problem areas)
- player wants to move
- Ajax aren’t stalling the deal
- Relatively small outlay £20-30m…

Why is this taking so long? I’ve read we’re at the early stages / interested parties for over a month now. Feels like the same old protracted shit we had under Woody.
Manchester United Q3 report

We’re in a similar situation as last year. (May 2021)
Our cash reserve is close to £87m at the end of Q3, 8m better then end of Mars 2021.

I don’t think we can spend more then £100m, probably less. We most likely need to sell if we want to increase our transfer budget.

It would be reasonable to expect 1 transfer in June and the rest in the beginning of July.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Knew someone would bite on Fekir.
The article cites AS, which refers to several English reports. AS then analyses those English reports instead of providing any particular info on the links. What those English reports are, I don't know, but my guess is that they might be from the likes of the Mirror or Express. We'll see if there's anything to them, but at this time, it's all just weak links.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I’m trying not to be too critical of our decision making post Woody, but…

- we have a player the new manager wants
- plays as a CB/RB (two problem areas)
- player wants to move
- Ajax aren’t stalling the deal
- Relatively small outlay £20-30m…

Why is this taking so long? I’ve read we’re at the early stages / interested parties for over a month now. Feels like the same old protracted shit we had under Woody.
We are in talks, relax!

Nero

Not a fan of the Sport Witness tweets as they don't state in the tweet what source they are using. They seem to analyse reports from everywhere and anywhere, so they could quite easily be referencing some shambolic source and we don't know without clicking into the article.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Don't think the Sport Witness tweets hold any real value to the thread. Vast majority are clickbait from rubbish sources.

ti vu

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Bayern football men pissing off key players. Perhaps Bayern needs to be more commercial club, so they can afford their players more?

:drool:

M4YON

I thought we stopped these tweets? I'm so confused :lol:

I think Rudy Galetti is a bad source, is that right @mazhar13 ?
Sports witness aren't in Tier 5 but as long as you post the source or a quoted reference should be fine. After all Sports Witness aren't actually a source themselves.

Charles Miller

If we sign maybe Timber, Martinez and Antony, while we're at it, we should sign Snow White too.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Seriously, what on earth has Richarlison done to attract interest from big clubs like United, Bayern, and PSG? He’s completely bang average.

Not to mention he’s probably the most insufferable player in the league due to his constant diving and play acting.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I thought we stopped these tweets? I'm so confused :lol:

I think Rudy Galetti is a bad source, is that right @mazhar13 ?
Overall, we're supposed to be limiting isolated Tweets from aggregators without citing the source. I've been talking to the modmins about this, but I guess it'll take a bit of time before everything's under control. On the Nuñez Tweet, yes, Galetti is a banned source, and the mods will act accordingly.

The second Tweet is just fine, though. At least we have the quotes and the source provided (though it'd be nicer if the Globo Esporte link was provided in the post). If you have a post from Sport Witness or a similar aggregator with a link/Tweet to the source, then that's fine. If, however, the source isn't clear, then it's not a good idea to post the Tweet.

For example, let's take a look at your Lewandowski Tweet from yesterday:
If you add the source to it, then that's all good:

Source

Source:

Devil may care

He's been linked with Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Paris Saint Germain, and even Tottenham Hotspur.
So is he speechless because he doesn't understand why anyone thinks he'd want to leave Everton or because he thinks it's only natural he moves to a bigger club because he thinks he's so good? :confused:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sports witness aren't in Tier 5 but as long as you post the source or a quoted reference should be fine. After all Sports Witness aren't actually a source themselves.
Tweets from aggregators that refer to Tier 4 or 5 sources are forbidden, so for example, the following Tweets aren't allowed:

No suprise here he had no impact.

Knew someone would bite on Fekir.
AS, Corriere della Sera, and Santi Aouna are all Tier 4 sources, so they're not allowed.

Devil may care

Whilst I'd agree with you, it's still true we'd need to clear some of them out before adding another prospect in that position.
All 4 can play right back. Matters not how highly anyone rates them, as they’re on the books and we’d need to sell before we can buy in the area.
Cavani, Mata, Lingard, Matic and Pogba will need replacing firstly.
Selling AWB has been mentioned a lot, that makes room, Laird will go on loan and Williams likely will as well, if not he'd be an easy sale to a Championship side.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Thats Chelsea in the Glazers bracket now...poor cnuts
The comparison ends with American owners. They cannot borrow against the club for ten years. They cannot take out dividends from the club for ten years. They cannot sell the club for ten years. They called all the clauses in the contract The Glazers clauses. We are forever thankful the Glazers showed everything that needed to be avoided. With all those protections, it is not a sure thing the team will be great, but avoided some pitfalls.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Some thoughts.

Barca need their money now. Such a contract condition by all accounts if they want a quick deal should decrease the value of FDG.
From what I can read out of MU Q3 report is that any valuation above £50-55m and we will probably walk away. The price of this deal should be up to us to decide. I can’t see us spend more then half of our budget in one single installment on just one player.

With Ajax it’s probably more realistic that we can suggest a payment in 2 or 3 installments but that will off course increase the price a couple of mill.

But from a short term perspective if we want more then 3 player in this window we need longer installments contract conditions.

Pearl.Jam

Seriously, what on earth has Richarlison done to attract interest from big clubs like United, Bayern, and PSG? He’s completely bang average.

Not to mention he’s probably the most insufferable player in the league due to his constant diving and play acting.
New bus driver !

Red_toad

Selling AWB has been mentioned a lot, that makes room, Laird will go on loan and Williams likely will as well, if not he'd be an easy sale to a Championship side.
Mentioning sales isn’t the same as an actual sale. Mata, Matic, Jesse, Pogba and Cavani are key areas to replace, right back isn’t a key area as of this moment in time.
If that changes it’ll be Timber as it’s widely reported he wants him and it makes sense for him to get a few of his own men in the ranks.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Both of these quotes came from Aurelio de Laurentiis's press conference to present Napoli's summer training camp:

Other bits of info:
  • AdL has talked to Bernardeschi's agent recently.
  • No talks with Vecino's camp
  • Napoli won't spend lots of money to improve their team (AdL cited AC Milan as an example)

Widow

Overall, we're supposed to be limiting isolated Tweets from aggregators without citing the source. I've been talking to the modmins about this, but I guess it'll take a bit of time before everything's under control. On the Nuñez Tweet, yes, Galetti is a banned source, and the mods will act accordingly.

The second Tweet is just fine, though. At least we have the quotes and the source provided (though it'd be nicer if the Globo Esporte link was provided in the post). If you have a post from Sport Witness or a similar aggregator with a link/Tweet to the source, then that's fine. If, however, the source isn't clear, then it's not a good idea to post the Tweet.

Thanks for clearing that up.

M4YON

Tweets from aggregators that refer to Tier 4 or 5 sources are forbidden, so for example, the following Tweets aren't allowed:

AS, Corriere della Sera, and Santi Aouna are all Tier 4 sources, so they're not allowed.
Mods don't need to act if they are against the new tier rules they're gone, I've already deleted them.

Widow

Kostic is allowed to leave if a club bids 15m+ (as reported). Currently no offer on the table. Ache should be awarded. Durm is to be sold. Everything is prepared for Polter, but Schindzielorz was unable to sign in the end

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Corriere dello Sport

Allan on whether he'll return to Italy:
I respect what is written, but no sign has arrived to me. I think my professional destiny will remain unchanged. I will stay at Everton, as far as I know: I feel good in England, I have the respect of a club that I am proud of, with impressive facilities and to which I owe respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.