g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavl3n

Source:
Pereira saw ETH is coming and now he's rubbing his hand thinking he'll get a chance.
The most deluded player I've seen. More deluded than Bentdner, Balotelli and Welbeck put together.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Who can we really sell ? Every transfer rumour about outgoings seems to be loan deals which doesnt really help us and our limited budget. Other clubs exploit us every year, but we can only thank Woodward for it.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Who can we really sell ? Every transfer rumour about outgoings seems to be loan deals which doesnt really help us and our limited budget. Other clubs exploit us every year, but we can only thank Woodward for it.
I mean…you’re saying ‘we’ and you mention Woodward yet you support Liverpool.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Pereira saw ETH is coming and now he's rubbing his hand thinking he'll get a chance.
The most deluded player I've seen. More deluded than Bentdner, Balotelli and Welbeck put together.
Didn't one of their execs literally come out and say he wasn't happy with the deal and they wouldn't be paying up as per the deal in the loan contract?

Not to say Pereira isn't possibly deluded, but I think even he knows after loan number 4/5 or whatever it is now...there's no chance.

Pavl3n

Stupid was giving him the 4 year deal last time around. Another masterclass by Ole.
I love it.

We appoint DoF everyone moans about Woodward taking part in negotiations.

Numerous articles come up about Woodward giving contracts left, right and centre to protect players' value - people moan about Ole.

The state of the fan base ...

Pavl3n

Didn't one of their execs literally come out and say he wasn't happy with the deal and they wouldn't be paying up as per the deal in the loan contract?

Not to say Pereira isn't possibly deluded, but I think even he knows after loan number 4/5 or whatever it is now...there's no chance.
I remember Pereira coming out and saying how he has settled and he's happy at Flamendo and maybe the clubs can find an agreement.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I've been seeing this a fair bit but only recently. @VinzentFTW was it changed by someone after you said Liverpool were the best club in the world the other day?
Yes probably from a mod who thought he was funny. I guess it's not allowed to be unbiased on a fan forum.

Devil may care

So having 2 midfielders for 2 positions and 1 striker for 1 position is just as important as having 4 right backs for 1 position. Thanks for clearing that up, I’m sure our recruitment department will have a different perspective.
You can't just ignore how shite our RB options are because we also need other players in other positions, for fecks sake saying we can have any of those 4 starting regularly at RB is like saying don't worry about another striker as we can just play Rashford there when Ronaldo is rested. We need 2 CM's, a CB, RB and Forward this summer.

Williams has been a regular player for two Premier League teams. He'd easily attract interest from PL teams. Championship teams would be outbid.
He wasn't a regular starter here, just at a relegated Norwich side that was one of the worst in PL history, he's looked Championship level.

Charles Miller

Regardless of form, a Brazilian team was never going to pay the fee agreed. It’s out of their realm. I don’t know what United were smoking but they were a bit naive
Flamengo payed much more than that for Pedro and also for Gabigol. They have the money and they could sign him if they want.

NYAS

Aren't Flamengo broke?
Richest club in South America. But they recently had issues with the central bank freezing their account (which has since been resolved) and used that as a convenient excuse to pull out of the Andreas deal, after he went through a period of about 4 games in a row where he single-handedly won games for Flamengo’s opponents.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It always seemed weird to me that a Brazilian team would be willing to pay "PL prices" for a player. The same money probably buys them much more if they spend it in South America.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Flamengo payed much more than that for Pedro and also for Gabigol. They have the money and they could sign him if they want.
You are correct. 2 players. With respect much better players. Brazilian teams aren’t known to spend money. Their record transfer fees paid are below. They were NEVER going to pay 15m for our lad. Look at the dates to see how often someone stretches themselves financially. Not very often

Charles Miller

You are correct. 2 players. With respect much better players. Brazilian teams aren’t known to spend money. Their record transfer fees paid are below. They were NEVER going to pay 15m for our lad. Look at the dates to see how often someone stretches themselves financially. Not very often
They were very chaotic until 2017. But they are controled by some people who came from the oil industry now and they make a lot of money. In 2020 they were among the 20 highest revenue in the world. This year there was a big devaluation of the brazilian currency, but in normal conditions they have a higher revenue than Aston Villa, Milan, Napoli, for example. But even now they could sign Andreas. It was decided that they would do it. But the reaction from the fanbase was very negative. They blame him for losing the Libertadores final.

NYAS

Spence joining the annual wing-back turnover at Spurs would be so boring.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Well that settles that (FdJ), let’s move on to players that do want to join.

BarstoolProphet

Jamie Jackson conveniently comes out with his "scoop" on FDJ right after he made that public interview.

ShinjiNinja26

There’s literally nothing new in what’s being said. We’ve known from the get go that he doesn’t want to leave Barcelona, it’s always been a case of Barca potentially needing to sell to balance the books and register other players. This is still as likely to happen as it was weeks ago. I’m sure ETH doesn’t want to waste any time so If he’s told it’s 100% not happening I’m sure we’ll move on rather quickly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
They were very chaotic until 2017. But they are controled by some people who came from the oil industry now and they make a lot of money. In 2020 they were among the 20 highest revenue in the world. This year there was a big devaluation of the brazilian currency, but in normal conditions they have a higher revenue than Aston Villa, Milan, Napoli, for example. But even now they could sign Andreas. It was decided that they would do it. But the reaction from the fanbase was very negative. They blame him for losing the Libertadores final.
I get what you’re saying but I still think we overpriced him for that market, same as we overpriced Lingard for a loan to Newcastle. We overpriced and we lost out. They may have cash but they’re not stupid. Now he will sit on our bench, getting salary that could have been used elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.