Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Posh Red

The fee is €9m (£7.8m) with a buy back option the fee obviously includes add ons but again sold for net Profit which means we can increase our Transfer budget by £70/80m with current departures
Unless our existing spend was made with these sales factored in? I hope you’re right though.

BootsyCollins

Surprised Kovars gone on a permanent deal but at least we are covering ourselves with buy back clauses and first refusals etc. for once.
I think these kind of deals are better than loans. More reason for them to play him, and less risk for us if he turns out not beeing good enough. Also gives us a longer time period to assess how he is doing.

lysglimt

Scout
I think these kind of deals are better than loans. More reason for them to play him, and less risk for us if he turns out not beeing good enough. Also gives us a longer time period to assess how he is doing.
It is better for everyone - we get money and if the player turns out to be world-class we can sign him back. The club signing him gets a new player rather than a loanee (knowing full well that the risk of the selling club using that clause is a lot less than 1%). And the player sold knows he is at a new club and don't have to think about only staying for 6-7-8 months before going back

BootsyCollins

It is better for everyone - we get money and if the player turns out to be world-class we can sign him back. The club signing him gets a new player rather than a loanee (knowing full well that the risk of the selling club using that clause is a lot less than 1%). And the player sold knows he is at a new club and don't have to think about only staying for 6-7-8 months before going back
Jupp, win-win-win

justsomebloke

A slight twinge of regret there, after all - he did have some epic performances every now and then, and he was a bit of a character. Still, it needed to happen. Onwards and upwards.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We should be getting more than €15m for a Brazil international. Arse got over 20m for Xhaka.

Ted Lasso

All these players can leave with fond memories of their time at United. Nothing bittersweet about it. Excited for the new phase ahead for United.

sparx99

We should be getting more than €15m for a Brazil international. Arse got over 20m for Xhaka.
Only a year left on his deal though and depends on interest. Xhaka also moved to Germany where he’s pretty highly thought of.

MonkeysMagic

Just a very hit and miss type player. If someone can get Fred to be consistent they can have a good player but at his age, I think that boat has sailed! Would've liked to have got more for him but when you only have a Turkish club show interest, it was never going to be happen which perhaps speaks more of our recruitment than the player itself.

ManRed

Good luck Fred. Always liked his character on and off pitch. To the Amrabat thread everyone

lysglimt

Scout
We can actually sell players now ? I can't wrap my head around that fact

Jacob

30 year old, 1 year remaining on contract, benchwarmer - hard to get more interest and/or money than that.

sparx99

We can actually sell players now ? I can't wrap my head around that fact
The clearout is pretty solid this year so far.

Elanga
Iqbal
De Gea
Telles
Tuanzebe
Jones
Laird

Actively being worked on

Maguire
Fred
Kovar
Van de Beek (loan)

Possible

Pellistri (loan)
Bailly
Henderson
Williams
Fernandez (loan)

Unlikely

Martial
McTominay

Dannn411

Liked Fred in general. Definitely far more useful and more impactful squad player than some others in the squad over the years and on his day he was actually superb but he was just far too erratic on the ball too many times for comfort.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I mean they haven’t so I’m assuming they didn’t want to.
To me, it looks like Fred had a preference for Turkey and we had to accommodate this or risk losing him on a free.

Anustart89

So that's £30m for Maguire, £5m for Kovar, £12-13m for Fred in a couple of days. Good business that'll allow us to get another two guys in more compatible with EtH's style. Plus the McTominay and vdB transfers ongoing.

IrishRedDevil

So that's £30m for Maguire, £5m for Kovar, £12-13m for Fred in a couple of days. Good business that'll allow us to get another two guys in more compatible with EtH's style. Plus the McTominay and vdB transfers ongoing.
Just need to get Bailly’s wages off the books soon.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Where are you getting £12-13m for Fred from? Thought it was 10m EUR?

Also VDB is a loan

Sir Chapman

The week is getting better and better. First Harry, now Fred, hopefully next McT., VDB and Bailly. I love the fact ETH is cleaning out everything from the last fiveish years. Now we shall get Amrabat as another replacement.

Finally, we learned to sell a young player instead of loaning him out year after year, and include a first buyback clause. No pressure on our side, we can monitor Kovar and if he’s good enough in a couple of years, we get him back. Good deal!

BaguetteBoy

Looks a good week for sale and now to the next step plan B. 3 priority signings done. Now getting a better squad. Loving how we going about our business this summer.

Suv666

I’ll miss Fred he was actually decent and the work rate was top notch.

If we can move McT and VDB too, on the selling front, the window would be a massive W

Woziak

Unless our existing spend was made with these sales factored in? I hope you’re right though.
All academy players that we have never paid for are sold for 100% net profit and that figure can be amortised by length of the contract. Assuming our true budget was £170m net this budget would be increased by £27-28m we’ve currently sold our academy players for so far now amortise that figure by 4 the average length of a contract for a new player that increases our budget to £280m.

So far we’ve actually agreed to spend £164m, Some upfront, some agreed on terms. We’ve received or will receive approximately £34m so true net spend right now £130m

Sell Fred(15m), Maguire(30m)

Add £25m for Sofran Amrabat, £35m for CB, our net spend would be £145-150m and we could easily afford a late blockbuster bid of £100m for a marquee player, I’m sure in the third quarters recent united financial report, stating that £260m was free this summer for transfers.

I don’t expect this to happen, however if it does you be almost certain Qatar have indeed bought the club behind the scenes.