Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Xaviboy

I doubt we’ll make anymore signings this window
Let's hope we don't get a repeat of same midfield performance on Saturday vs Spurs. Think it's going to be a big mistake if we don't add to our midfield. Bigger games coming up

parmenio

Oh f*ck right off. Infuriating that we're being stingy while Chelsea are able to sign both Caicedo and Lavia for massive amounts.

I understand that they've sold a lot of players themselves, but they already spent a ton last season as well.

McTom is the only midfielder I can imagine us selling right now, but he offers something completely different to our other midfielders so would be disappointed if he's forced to leave.
How did Chelski fare last season? Their squad is still a mess

MDFC Manager

It went from a potential 7/10 if we sign Amrabat and get rid of Maguire and McTominay to 3/10 with none of these things happening. Murtough is proving to be a bigger clown than Woodward.
Agreed, plus I wonder if we'll regret letting Fred go without having the resources to tie up Amrabat. Having an average option is better than having no option.

the_cliff

Posted in the other tweet thread but will post here too. He says we're also interested and the player prefers us over Liverpool

Baxquux

Posted in the other tweet thread but will post here too. He says we're also interested and the player prefers us over Liverpool
If ETH has this monomanic focus on players he's worked with or knows from the Dutch league, would have made as much sense to get this guy and then sign Amrabat in addition or allow the recruitment team to also bring in one of their signing (Mone, Thuram etc) as the 'other' midfielder. That's presuming they've actually (a) scouted players outside of ETH's prior interests, and (b) performed the kind of basic analysis that has any and all of those players mentioned in newspaper dispatches above Scott T (and Fred, but of course we managed to at least sell him) in terms of technical profiles and on the field judgement, whatever their individual areas for improvements.

arnoldS

We will not sign anyone if we can't move on Maguire and Henderson. We are fecked, thanks to Woodward.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Checked reddit on the Gravenberch rumour, the general consensus is that the journalist reporting it is an absolute spoofer.

Erik the Red

Henderson, Williams, Bailly, Maguire, McTominay, Van de Beek. Staying.
Don't like correcting people, but you forgot Martial.

On the flipside, I would argue that the first team is pretty much an ETH team, just the squad depth is not to his liking. The midfield experiment of Casemiro, Bruno and Mount will either have to click quickly, or be abandoned for the time being. Out of curiosity, why do people think City can play with a number 6 and two number 10s, and dominate possession, but we looked atrocious? Is it a lack of familiarity, and it will work over time?

pacifictheme

On the flipside, I would argue that the first team is pretty much an ETH team, just the squad depth is not to his liking. The midfield experiment of Casemiro, Bruno and Mount will either have to click quickly, or be abandoned for the time being. Out of curiosity, why do people think City can play with a number 6 and two number 10s, and dominate possession, but we looked atrocious? Is it a lack of familiarity, and it will work over time?
All of their players are very good at keeping possession and have been drilled into oblivion on it. They are the ultimate system team where they do specific things at specifcic times and in specific situations. They are also excellent at pressing and winning the ball back early and high. Rodri is also a much better 6 than casemiro as a lone holding player.

Baxquux

City's no. 6 is fleeter-footed and younger, plus at least one of the full-backs or one of the CBs tucking in/stepping up to support him, and their number 10s are positionally smarter (or coached/forced to be). That's when they actually play with 10s; Gundogan played as 8 a lot of the time- Rodri is playing alongside Kovacic now; De Bruyne is a hybrid 8/10, who can also play on wing, and switches between right mid and centre to dictate play, as far as i can tell.

M4YON

UPDATE ON MASON GREENWOOD

Following the dropping of all charges against Mason Greenwood in February 2023, Manchester United has conducted a thorough investigation into the allegations made against him.

This has drawn on extensive evidence and context not in the public domain, and we have heard from numerous people with direct involvement or knowledge of the case.

Throughout this process, the welfare and perspective of the alleged victim has been central to the club’s inquiries, and we respect her right to lifelong anonymity.

We also have responsibilities to Mason as an employee, as a young person who has been with the club since the age of seven, and as a new father with a partner.

The fact-finding phase of our investigation is now complete, and we are in the final stages of making a decision on Mason’s future.

Contrary to media speculation, that decision has not yet been made and is currently the subject of intensive internal deliberation. Responsibility ultimately rests with the Chief Executive Officer.

Once made, the decision will be communicated and explained to the club’s internal and external stakeholders.

This has been a difficult case for everyone associated with Manchester United, and we understand the strong opinions it has provoked based on the partial evidence in the public domain. We ask for patience as we work through the final stages of this carefully considered process.

M4YON

This post is going to lead to some bans ^
Not at all, it's not a discussion it's a tweet and there's nothing more to discuss on it, it's simply an update. Similar to the one the moderators will post in the official Greenwood thread.

Chief123

Not at all, it's not a discussion it's a tweet and there's nothing more to discuss on it, it's simply an update. Similar to the one the moderators will post in the official Greenwood thread.
I agree and unsure as to why his name isn’t allowed to be mentioned.

caid

Just make a fecking decision. Stop turning it into such a fecking soap opera. Tosser.

Mainoldo

It's actually saying a lot if you read between the lines.
I know. I’ve been expecting him back since forever now. Just don’t know why it’s taking them so long to say it. But not surprised. They can’t sell a club, or players in adequate time. So why should this be different.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That update is from the same category of update as the sale ones.

massey

This club is turning me into Matt le tissier I'm sure everything that's been happening the last few months is some kind of psy op to see how much pain can be inflicted on supporters via club sale decisions,transfer strategies,harry Maguire and now this.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They dont want to face the backlash. They want to keep the player and avoid the PR hit.
Cant do both, wont change in a week or a months time.
Agreed, but even if we keep him, he didn't play a competitive game in a long time. From football perspective, it should be irrelevant as it doesn't hold much football value, especially now when season kicked off.

It's a distraction, afer another distraction, and it's not looking healthy for the main aim, which is improving the squad and current form.