Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Tier 2:

• The 4 key areas according to Luckhurst:
    • Full back - Jeremie Frimpong monitored
    • Centre back - Edmond Tapsoba monitored
    • Centre mid
    • Attack - role not specified
      • Evan Ferguson monitored
  • United are targeting players whose contract will expire in one year (i.e. 2025)
    • Frimpong is one of them
  • United are looking for an athletic centre back to take Varane's spot in the team due to his injury issues.
No shit Sherlock!

Lazy journalism, as usual. Imagine waffling on about next summer, when this summer is barely over.

Crimson King

Tier 2:

• The 4 key areas according to Luckhurst:
    • Full back - Jeremie Frimpong monitored
    • Centre back - Edmond Tapsoba monitored
    • Centre mid
    • Attack - role not specified
      • Evan Ferguson monitored
  • United are targeting players whose contract will expire in one year (i.e. 2025)
    • Frimpong is one of them
  • United are looking for an athletic centre back to take Varane's spot in the team due to his injury issues.
Evan Ferguson monitored :lol:

If we sign another striker it'll probably someone a lot cheaper, like that Marcos Leonardo who was linked with Roma in the summer. We're also looking at Yeremy Pino, but that will probably depend on what happens with our current RW options.

I've also seen us linked with Palacios at Leverkusen, so any scouts seen at their games might be watching him and not Tapsoba or Frimpong. Doubt we'll try and sign all 3...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Unless the club is sold sharpish, the rumour is that the budget before sales next summer will be 50m. So don’t get carried away lads

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If we are looking at players expiring in 2025 and some centre mids then I will have money on Angel Gomes being a persistent rumour next summer.

Withnail

Can’t recall where I read it but don’t forget the limit to what we can spend in FFP drops next summer to 80%
We had issues with FFP this year because of the drop off in revenue due to Covid. None of that is a concern next year and we're back in the CL.

Even with our FFP trouble we still had a net spend of £130m or so.

hobbers

Could it be to do with that credit facility we've been using with the Bank of America to finance transfers.

SAFMUTD

If its FFP related, what difference does our owners make?
The club's finance's are damaged because of the interest debt we're facing which were put on by the Glazer's when they bought us. Also owners are entitled to invest around 80M per season if I'm not mistaken which Glazers obviously never invest.

astracrazy

The club's finance's are damaged because of the interest debt we're facing which were put on by the Glazer's when they bought us. Also owners are entitled to invest around 80M per season if I'm not mistaken which Glazers obviously never invest.
Ah ok thank you

roseguy64

I think there’s something related to how much the owners can personally contribute out of their own pocket too. Glazers don’t obviously
That's Premier League.

The drop in percentage thing is UEFA. Covid losses being dropped should assist there.

Wing Attack Plan R

Tier 2:
It sorta reads like Sancho is threatening, making demands. Very strange. The reality is, hey Sancho, you've been a terrible signing. Your attitude in training is lackluster. Your performances in games have been underwhelming. You've been given ample opportunity, and been found wanting. Should have sold him this summer.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Unless the club is sold sharpish, the rumour is that the budget before sales next summer will be 50m. So don’t get carried away lads
Where is that rumor coming from?

We could have spent a lot more this summer if we had sold Harry and/or McTominay. But money and FFP space was very tight. Next summer it looks much better on both fronts. You of course never know with the Glazers, but we have usually spent a lot on transfers when the money has been there. If I had to bet today, I would probably say like 290m or something like that. It’s not even that much compared to what we have spent in the past, given that our revenue will be much higher if we qualify for the CL again.

Zed 101

If its FFP related, what difference does our owners make?
If the debt is written off (which it is under FFP) and we do not need to take on new debt then new owners make a difference to our overall profit which influences FFP, in addition cash rich owners will probably be willing to offload players more cheaply or cancel contracts entirely, can also pull a city and fake sponsorships etc... not to mention the backhanders!

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He's got a year left with another year option. It's normal to start talks at this stage.
A situation that did not need being a PR opportunity. If the club rate him high enough to give him a contract it should be in the works already.

Deal with the contract in private with his agent and let his football do the PR talk.

Withnail

A situation that did not need being a PR opportunity. If the club rate him high enough to give him a contract it should be in the works already.

Deal with the contract in private with his agent and let his football do the PR talk.
Ok, seems a weird thing to be bothered about. It's not really a secret and not much of a PR coup.

KikiDaKats

Supports
It has been. Moaning for the sake of it.
I have an issue with how we are handling our young players and timing of certain things. I’m not moaning, I am confidently stating the error of our ways. Guess if we had the Gavi situation, what the club would have done.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

PR thing?! What on earth are you on about? :lol: :lol:

It’s a simple report about United wanting to renew a contract, nothing more nothing less.

I hate this modern football fan mindset of dismissing everything as poxy PR. It’s tiring.

KikiDaKats

Supports
PR thing?! What on earth are you on about? :lol: :lol:

It’s a simple report about United wanting to renew a contract, nothing more nothing less.

I hate this modern football fan mindset of dismissing everything as poxy PR. It’s tiring.
I have been supporting Manchester United since the 80s and involved in sports in some of the farthest places imaginable.

What modern football fan are you talking about?