Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

hobbers

We obviously need Modric to unlock Casemiro.

£450k a week should do it.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Right. Anyone at the club who's even entertaining the possibility of extending his contract should be immediately removed from any decision-making capacity.
I like Martial but there’s no reason to extend him.

Unless he takes a massive pay cut and accepts a squad role. But even then I’d be unsure.

ti vu

Tier 1:
Names mention: Ivan Toney, Oshimhen, Taremi.

IMO Osimhen is a pipe dream considering the cost and Osimhen is not the stop gap type of signing. Taremi is old but not exactly experienced in term of big leagues. That only leaves Toney as good option.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

IMO Osimhen is a pipe dream considering the cost and Osimhen is not the stop gap type of signing. Taremi is old but not exactly experienced in term of big leagues. That only leaves Toney as good option.
Toney doesn't seem stable and also had begged to go to Arsenal. No thanks he'd just be more of the same problem.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The only real link that Mokbel establishes is with Toney. The other two are just suggested names for the most part and aren't necessarily viable targets.

cj_sparky

It is believed Brentford have set a figure of £100m for Toney, in January and expect him to see the season out. Also think the last thing we need to do as a club is to take a risk on another player who seemingly has issues off the field.

Taremi seems more like someone we would target, as his contract is up in the summer. Although Osimhen and Toney fit the narrative that we look at players that are coming into the last couple of years of their contract too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2 (Tweet highlights how a new sporting director is under consideration with Paul Mitchell being keen on the role):

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tier 2:
What can you do with 300m ($) for the stadium? I thought we either needed a new stadium or a major redevelopment? If this is the initial amount to be spent on infrastructure wouldn't it go further if it were put into the training ground?

edit: a piss in the wind

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Taremi... I mean, he's not a bad player and is tactically very versatile, but I can't see how he will improve our side.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
What can you do with 300m ($) for the stadium? I thought we either needed a new stadium or a major redevelopment? If this is the initial amount to be spent on infrastructure wouldn't it go further if it were put into the training ground?

edit: a piss in the wind
Absolutely no one has said it is going to be spent exclusively on Old Trafford, the Daily Mail are pulling numbers from everywhere they can and creating rage bait which you've fallen for.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Absolutely no one has said it is going to be spent exclusively on Old Trafford, the Daily Mail are pulling numbers from everywhere they can and creating rage bait which you've fallen for.
Seemed like a brief to me. I don't know if it's different for a minority shareholder, but if he can put that 50m owners are allowed under FFP (if I recall right) towards the playing squad, that would be quite useful to sort out a defender in January.

ToToMarshall

Yeah certainly in Bellingham case we rolled out the red carpet,however he clearly wanted that Dortmund stepping stone. Always say we should have got Haaland after Molde,however many think he would have gone to Real by now.
We never really had a shot as Haaland himself didn’t want to go to a ‘top club’ after Molde or after Salzburg. He didn’t feel ready to make that big a step and felt it would hamper his development and hold him back in the long-run. Then by the time his release clause at Dortmund was active in 2022 we didn’t have room for him, and he wouldn’t have picked us over City in their given states anyway.

Dannn411

Source (Tier 4):
And people on here are saying we should take it slow with him. Why? The players in front of him are awful and he was the best midfielder on tour. He needs to start playing a lot of games immediately. He is more than good enough and will get all the leeway in the world from the fans to make mistakes because he is young.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How would this rage bait even be supposed to work? He just signed a contract this year.
That's what Railston referred to as well in his MEN article. Basically, whenever City tried to make more of their interest in Mainoo, the player kept his loyalty with United. Even now, that's the case.