Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Are we making moves or not?
United already communicated a whole back that they aren't expecting any incoming transfers this month unless there's a good opportunity. So far, that opportunity hasn't come though they did look at a couple of players for a loan spell like Werner.

Ollie Derbyshire

I don’t want any crappy loan deals or panic buys, just see out the season with who we have and offload who we can.

Red00012

I already cannot wait for the window to close. I don’t know what is worse, watching us on the pitch or in the transfer market. Just utter crap at both.
6 days gone in the transfer window. We’ve sent Donny out on loan and are in the process of loaning Hannibal out . We’ve avoided Werner after been linked to him. What are you actually expecting 6 days in when we’ve no funds and we’ll probably loan in a striker . Mbappe ? haaland ?

userman

Yeah I’m curious as to what people want/expect this January?
I only expect a loan signing, and want/expect to see the first steps of the mass clear out of the squad. If e.g. Martial is leaving this window I expect the loan signing to be a striker.

We don’t need this bloated and expensive squad now that our fixture list isn’t cramped for the rest of season so sales are the most important I would say to rebuild in the summer and forwards..

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We need some decent scouts that can scout South America. They always have young talents over there. Look at Alvarez and Jesus.

Woodzy

We need some decent scouts that can scout South America. They always have young talents over there. Look at Alvarez and Jesus.
Weren’t we heavily linked with both before they joined City? Alvarez almost certainly.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There will be a loan signing at most. We don't have the funds for anything permanent, nor should we be going for any before the summer.

DJ_21

Weren’t we heavily linked with both before they joined City? Alvarez almost certainly.
Yes, even West Ham could have signed Alvarez but rejected the chance. I remember us being linked to Jesus, he had a phone call with both Pep and Jose but obviously was more convinced with Peps project.

ShinjiNinja26

I’m pretty sure our scouts knew about the likes of Alvarez and Jesus. The club just decided not to pursue them any further. I think the scouting department gets a bad rap, there was a list doing the rounds ages ago with all the players the scouting department have recommended to the club over the years and it was pretty impressive. Most of them are now established top players, it was either down to the managers or sheer incompetence from the board that we never made a serious attempt to sign these players at the time.

DJ_21

I’m pretty sure our scouts knew about the likes of Alvarez and Jesus. The club just decided not to pursue them any further. I think the scouting department gets a bad rap, there was a list doing the rounds ages ago with all the players the scouting department have recommended to the club over the years and it was pretty impressive. Most of them are now established top players, it was either down to the managers or sheer incompetence from the board that we never made a serious attempt to sign these players at the time.
Probably the incompetence from the board then. I remember Jose having a personal phone call with Jesus to try and convince him to join but city beat us to him. Surely the board have to release the funds with this kind of players.

DJ_21

I barely see the point myself with one game a week and players returning.
Same. Unless it’s someone that’s 100% going to improve us then we may aswell walk away and ride it out until the summer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We'll sign someone on loan otherwise we wouldn't have sent Reguilon back
Probably but we sent Reguilon back because Malacia and Shaw are back. And he was barely being used anyway.

Paul778

I know people say that it's hard to deals in Jan cos no club wants to sell their best players...

However what about the up and coming players with low release clauses? Surely in these cases the selling club has little say in the matter.

We have so many areas of the pitch where we are short - are none of these guys viable?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I know people say that it's hard to deals in Jan cos no club wants to sell their best players...

However what about the up and coming players with low release clauses? Surely in these cases the selling club has little say in the matter.

We have so many areas of the pitch where we are short - are none of these guys viable?
It seems Ineos want to do a full assessment and bring in their own people. What's the point of buying someone permanently when the new DOF might think we can get someone better for cheaper? This season is a bust so may as well just ride it out

AaronRedDevil

Seriously? Our best right back for him. Why not Dalot. He’s shit. At least attackers actually hate facing Bissaka because he can tackle the shit out of them.

Last edited:

RedWilliam

Seriously? Our best right back for him. Why not Dalot. He’s shit. At least defenders actually hate facing Bissaka because he can tackle the shit out of them.
I think there's even some attackers who really don't like facing him...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Barça are determined to sign Estevao Willian, the 16-year-old Brazilian starlet (Palmeiras).
Although City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and PSG are all bidding for him, Barça have the striker and his agent as allies, who will help in the negotiations.
Barça give Messinho the green light

Although several European giants are bidding hard for him, Estevao and his agent will row in Barcelona's favour.

SAFMUTD

We don't even need decent scout to detect those players, if I'm not mistaken Gabriel Jesus was highly rated since Brasil I don't think he was cheap to city, maybe 30M or something like that.

Alvarez wasn't a hidden talent neither he was the top scorer and assister in the argentinian league and between the tops in copa libertadores. I actually made a thread about him at the time, he was cheap due to the release clause.

What I mean is those players aren't really unearthed gems, you just need a proper football department to judge which ones are worth and which ones arent. See pellistri for example he cost about the same as Alvarez.

SER19

Feel like this window will be best used for starting a clearout. hopefully bolster the attack with a loan or bargain, but other than that id try offload martial and line up exits for near out of contract players. free up time for summer window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It looks like no one really knows why the Sancho loan's being held up at this stage. Tier 2:

The original Tweet contains more info:
From United's point of view, everything is still clear with Sancho. The club will pay part of his wages as it is a development loan.
Why a development loan?
A) United are hoping for an increase in market value, they don't want to negotiate a sale at this stage (which would be very expensive anyways [note: this is due to Sancho's high wages and much lower valuation compared to when United bought him])
B) Coach Erik ten Hag is under pressure. The planned investment by INEOS could reshuffle the cards. There may be another coach in the summer who wants to see Sancho again.

Why hasn't Sancho travelled to the training camp with BVB yet? I can only speculate here. Possibly the talks with the Sancho side are still about details.