Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

United refused to go beyond £50m.
Reus or Griezmann would've been perfect. Weird how we went for a 19 year old instead, and paid only £14-24m less than Dortmund were wanting for Marco F Reus.

Lennon7

I feel like I must have missed something. What happened to his release clause? Just yesterday there was speculation whether Bayern would trigger it.
I'm just going off what that report is saying mate. I doubt we'd ever have got Reus for even a remotely reasonable price.

fallengt

He said United refused to go beyond 50m, not Dortmund would sell Reus for 50m.. Player doesn't want to leave, club doesn't have to sell, especially on the last day. They might want smt like 60-70m, who knows.
Anyway the interest is real, we'll go for him next summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely there was one or two defenders in that 31 that would have been as good as the two defenders they've signed today?
They have this Christensen lad, who seems to be good.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Surely there was one or two defenders in that 31 that would have been as good as the two defenders they've signed today?
I think one of the two they signed went straight back out on loan anyway.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
So we asked about Reus. Offered £50M. They said they were not selling or he wasn't interested. We said OK and didn't make another offer.
Press in twisting facts shocker!

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I seriously doubt the club would call it quits at 50m. Not when you think about the kind of money we spent on Di Maria, Shaw and Martial. BS story IMO.

Question234

it's time for you to start using your head De Gea

the club and its fans don't want you, there was a really good report by the guardian yesterday that showed this. They interviewed multiple fans in madrid about situation and all of them said that they think real simply pulled out of the deal because it is stupid to spend 30 mil euros on a keeper when navas is doing fine. They also said it makes it seem like madrid are using players like meat and navas should be rewarded, not forced out like casillas. They think madrid planned the whole thing.

It's so obvious madrid doesn't want him as much as he wants them. I feel for him tbh. "expected to get on with it" is harsh if true.

Danillaco

Pedro, Griezmann, Reus, all would have enhanced the dead area that is the right side of our attack, utterly bizarre that we did nothing to fix it.
Griezmann (having a United fan brother much like our Toby) and Reus with our Janujaz connection are nailed on for next window.

1000 pages. Next season. We Go Again.

GBBQ

Griezmann (having a United fan brother much like our Toby) and Reus with our Janujaz connection are nailed on for next window.

1000 pages. Next season. We Go Again.
well Reus wont be CL Cup tied in January so if our interest is real and we're in need of a winger he's a great option.

Danillaco

well Reus wont be CL Cup tied in January so if our interest is real and we're in need of a winger he's a great option.
But in January usually prices are higher, that's why I didn't consider. But if we could get a viable price then, I'm all in.

Hal9000

De Gea should see this as a looking glass to the future of being a Real Madrid player. Casillas was forced out, Navas was almost forced out, he will inevitably be forced out at some stage.
I honestly don't think it's actually Real Madrid the football club he's going for. It's Real Madrid the team that is in the city his girlfriend, family and childhood friends are... Mainly his girlfriend.

izec

But he didn't want to come to us in the first place. :lol:
That was reported, but how much truth is in it is anybodys guess. I think he wanted to come, maybe not at the ebginning of the summer, but as soon as Real wanted De Gea and we agreed a fee. Why the feck should he say No and stay there or go somewhere else.

vodrake

I thought Navas didn't want to come here and Madrid had to persuade him to in order to get Dave?
If Madrid's method of persuading him to leave wasn't particularly diplomatic he may have re-evaluated his desire to stay and fight for his place.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I thought Navas didn't want to come here and Madrid had to persuade him to in order to get Dave?
If he finally agreed to come here, he set his mind on leaving and that was taken away. What happens now? How does he motivate himself to play for Real Madrid?

acrebo

I wonder if DDG will consider a return to Atletico in the summer. Surely their recent success has brought about some financial improvement to enable a decent salary?

Lennon7

If he finally agreed to come here, he set his mind on leaving and that was taken away. What happens now? How does he motivate himself to play for Real Madrid?
But seeing as he didn't want to leave he'd be happy that he's now staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.