Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Interesting that the Ian ladyman piece says that we are also interested in Laporte and Woodward would be watching the Bilbao Barca game tonight

PvsNP

Mentions Laporte here as well. Is he worth £36m? He any better than what we have?
Performed excellently against Suárez and Messi last week. He might not be better now, but he will be for sure if he keeps developing at this rate.

Alias
Performed excellently against Suárez and Messi last week. He might not be better now, but he will be for sure if he keeps developing at this rate.
Sounds good. Might be worth a punt then! :) suppose we're after experience though so maybe one for the future (by which time everyone else will be interested) :(

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that Laporte clause is 50m€.It would be a very good option,besides much younger than Otamendi

izzydiggler

We only want the best. Hence why we tried to unsettle Ramos. We got players who can make do already. There's nobody realistically available who would make a drastic difference to our defence. A difference, sure. But not a massive difference. Otamendi wouldnt have been that person. He isnt a ball playing leader of a centre half. I'm not exactly jumping for joy with our options at the back, but I'd much rather pay £40/50 million for world class difference maker when we can get one and keep Smalling and Blind's partnership going, than pay over the odds for someone the manager isnt sure of.
I don't buy this notion that we'll only buy the best. LVG seems to value system over personnel and under him we've bought several good players but bar Di Maria (and we know how that went), none of them can claim to be 'the best' in the prime of their careers.

There's a pool of thousands of players around the world, we have a vast scouting network and we are allegedly armed with a 'war chest', so I cannot believe that we couldn't buy a better CB than Blind. I like him but far better defenders have been embarrssed by the likes of Aguerro...at some point soon we'll lose points because of our CB pairing and it seems so obvious that our CB core is weak but LVG watches the players and will know more than I.

FujiVice

Yet to see a youtube compilation of Laporte, so I'm just going to assume he's shite.

Raw

Laporte would be a great acquisition, he just signed a new contract with an expensive £35m release clause.

FujiVice

Laporte would be a great acquisition, he just signed a new contract with an expensive £35m release clause.
Is it? Not like its a whole lot of difference, but I heard it was £30 million.

He just signed for Adidas as well, which is interesting if you believe that sort of stuff makes a difference.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As if Woody cant go to a game and watch some player..
Nobody is saying that, the article and posts above seem to suggest he's going to watch Laporte specifically, which I highly doubt.

Raw

Is it? Not like its a whole lot of difference, but I heard it was £30 million.

He just signed for Adidas as well, which is interesting if you believe that sort of stuff makes a difference.
It's €50m, which is about £35m. Still pretty expensive in my eyes, but hey it's probably better to spend £35m on a player who could (potentially) be at the club for many years rather than the same amount on someone who's already at their peak.

Though you could argue that we need an experienced CB in his peak instead of another promising young player.

Loon

:lol:
We only want the best. Hence why we tried to unsettle Ramos. We got players who can make do already. There's nobody realistically available who would make a drastic difference to our defence. A difference, sure. But not a massive difference. Otamendi wouldnt have been that person. He isnt a ball playing leader of a centre half. I'm not exactly jumping for joy with our options at the back, but I'd much rather pay £40/50 million for world class difference maker when we can get one and keep Smalling and Blind's partnership going, than pay over the odds for someone the manager isnt sure of.
Agreed. I just wish we could find a defender who could make the difference.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Will Laporte also push for a move to Madrid or Barcelona in 3 or 4 years

Woodzy

To be honest, if I had already concluded all my transfer dealings for the summer i'd probably pop out to watch a Barca game in my spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.