Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It seems that Butina lady met every freaking Republican. How can one person have met so many people?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This sh1t drives me wild.

Who the feck is more likely to be leading a deep state?

A rampant and relentlessly capitalist group of millionaire/billionaire old white men
or
An uncoordinated and disparate bunch of leftist folks of every creed, colour and gender that can't even settle on how they feel about life now that 23&Me has revealed they're 3% black and 3% Jew.

?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
There is a lot Mueller knows that we don't.
Considering the insane scope of this I am worried it's starting to become too much for Mueller and his team to possibly wrap his arms around. Because of the levels of ridiculousness we ve risen it almost feels as if the bad guys thought - let's do as much illegal shit as possible. No way in hell he can get us all. I mean, what about Kushner s multiple illegal actions like falsifying his background records, the Pruitt scandals, the shit going on at the department of education, the FCC and its net neutrality scam, etc. - it's easy to forget how much stuff has happened and is going on.

Also - how do ensure all the members of his team are protected when necessary against both bodily harm but more importantly outside influences? There are some days where you wish Mr. Mr. Mueller could come on TV and just tell us that yes shit s crazy right now, but we got this.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Considering the insane scope of this I am worried it's starting to become too much for Mueller and his team to possibly wrap his arms around. Because of the levels of ridiculousness we ve risen it almost feels as if the bad guys thought - let's do as much illegal shit as possible. No way in hell he can get us all. I mean, what about Kushner s multiple illegal actions like falsifying his background records, the Pruitt scandals, the shit going on at the department of education, the FCC and its net neutrality scam, etc. - it's easy to forget how much stuff has happened and is going on.

Also - how do ensure all the members of his team are protected when necessary against both bodily harm but more importantly outside influences? There are some days where you wish Mr. Mr. Mueller could come on TV and just tell us that yes shit s crazy right now, but we got this.
I think they are sitting atop a mountain of information and are now in the process of setting up the appropriate timing and sequencing to release it. They are also waiting on information from Manafort (if he flips), Cohen (once he flips), and a final interview with Trump. Given that Trump would be insane to voluntarily submit to the interview for fear of perjuring himself, Mueller may wind up attempting to subpoena him, which could result in a massive court battle that takes a year or more to resolve. Conversely, Mueller may just decide he has more than enough evidence to proceed without Trump's testimony and wrap things up once the Manafort and Cohen matters are resolved.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Going to sleep now, but looking forward to reading in the morning how this Tucker Carlson interview went...
Well, Tucker didn't disappoint.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I think they are sitting atop a mountain of information and are now in the process of setting up the appropriate timing and sequencing to release it. They are also waiting on information from Manafort (if he flips), Cohen (once he flips), and a final interview with Trump. Given that Trump would be insane to voluntarily submit to the interview for fear of perjuring himself, Mueller may wind up attempting to subpoena him, which could result in a massive court battle that takes a year or more to resolve. Conversely, Mueller may just decide he has more than enough evidence to proceed without Trump's testimony and wrap things up once the Manafort and Cohen matters are resolved.
It’d seen sensible if he starts that process with Trump and then starts dropping the heavy indictments on the others. Then it’s much harder for Trump to use his pardon without looking completely corrupt.

Rajma

Well, Tucker didn't disappoint.

It’s fecking scary now to be honest...Bothered by the provision US having to come out and defend other countries, well isn’t it what Nato is all about you cnut? It’s almost like Putin himself inserting these phrases into his mouth to spread the panic and fear.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Article 5?!? Motherfecking traitor. That’s Putin’s number one goal right there. Take away article 5 and NATO is basically meaningless. I guess we know now what the Traitor in Chief was talking about in that meeting with Putin where he got his latest orders. cnut.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It does feel like Putin has told Trump 'destroy NATO or we destroy you' and he is going to do his best to complete his mission.

Rajma

:drool:

Farage has made a habit of running away from this journalist.
Fecking scum but British media seem to be sleeping on this, should be on every front page but instead he gets away with everything.

Really sad state of affairs we live in currently.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I hope Carole Cadwalladr has some good security in place, it seems like she's facing up to some really dodgy bastards. Brave woman.

Adisa

The only way Putin gets his hands on Steel and Browder is through extraordinary rendition by Trump.

Adisa

Even Trump isn’t dumb enough to try and rendition a former British spy to Russia. I hope...
He's not. He's going to use Russia's demand as cover for a poor attempt at getting Russia to give up the 12.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
New York magazine said:
Trump visited Moscow in July 1987. He stayed at the National Hotel, in the Lenin Suite, which certainly would have been bugged. There is not much else in the public record to describe his visit, except Trump’s own recollection in The Art of the Deal that Soviet officials were eager for him to build a hotel there. (It never happened.)

Trump returned from Moscow fired up with political ambition. He began the first of a long series of presidential flirtations, which included a flashy trip to New Hampshire. Two months after his Moscow visit, Trump spent almost $100,000 on a series of full-page newspaper ads that published a political manifesto. “An open letter from Donald J. Trump on why America should stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves,” as Trump labeled it, launched angry populist charges against the allies that benefited from the umbrella of American military protection. “Why are these nations not paying the United States for the human lives and billions of dollars we are losing to protect their interests?”

Trump’s letter avoided the question of whom the U.S. was protecting those countries from. The primary answer, of course, was the Soviet Union. After World War II, the U.S. had created a liberal international order and underwritten its safety by maintaining the world’s strongest military. A central goal of Soviet, and later Russian, foreign policy was to split the U.S. from its allies.

The safest assumption is that it’s entirely coincidental that Trump launched a national campaign, with himself as spokesman, built around themes that dovetailed closely with Soviet foreign-policy goals shortly after his Moscow stay. Indeed, it seems slightly insane to contemplate the possibility that a secret relationship between Trump and Russia dates back this far. But it can’t be dismissed completely. How do you even think about the small but real chance — 10 percent? 20 percent? — that the president of the United States has been covertly influenced or personally compromised by a hostile foreign power for decades?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think it's a lot more than 10 or 20 percent chance that he's been compromised by them for decades.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure it's true but when this stuff comes out a year after there's no wonder a section of the public question it. No one thought to counteract his lying in the beginning by telling him/us he was briefed on this at the beginning of his presidency?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
@Fritschner
House Democrats all on their feet on the floor right now chanting "U-S-A" as they back a motion funding defense of American elections from Russian hacking.

Republicans sitting, looking sour. Appropriations Chairman objects to the motion

Every House Republican just voted against the motion, which would have restored Election Assistance Commission funding for grants to states for infrastructure upgrades to defend against cyberattacks.

A reminder that it's not just Trump. The entire GOP is complicit and are co-conspirators.