Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Something is going to drop sooner or later. One thing for sure is there appears to be an awful lot of scared people around at the moment.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Matt Whitaker will not recuse himself from Mueller investigation – reports
Acting attorney general had been under pressure to do so, on the basis of his criticism of Mueller on cable TV and in print
Multiple news reports on Thursday quoting unnamed justice department officials said Matt Whitaker, who previously was part of a company accused by the US government of running a multimillion-dollar scam, had decided not to follow the advice of at least one ethics adviser and recuse himself from oversight of the Mueller inquiry.

“Matthew Whitaker’s reported refusal to follow the recommendation of ethics officials further indicates that he views his role as serving President Trump, not the American people,” tweeted Senator Dianne Feinstein, ranking member of the senate intelligence committee.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...cting-attorney-general-mueller-inquiry-recuse

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems Whitaker is starting to figure out that he himself will wind up with considerable legal exposure if he continues going along with Trump.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seems Whitaker is starting to figure out that he himself will wind up with considerable legal exposure if he continues going along with Trump.

I think he must realise that Trump views Whittaker as his White House Michael Cohen. You think he’d be bright as a career prosecutor but he seems oblivious to fact he is not immune to obstruction of justice charges himself.

Much like Trump thought having his own attorney do his dirty work would be protected by ACP, I think he assumes that Whittaker will have some form of immunity from investigation as the leader of said investigation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I doubt all those people voted because of what the Russians did. She got a lot of votes from people who just could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary.
Likely correct. Still Putin gave it his best shot and she gullibly played along by taking on the role of idealistic anti-establishmentarian.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
But the article linked in the tweet is dated 2017.
Sure, but everything in the tweet implies that it's happening now, "everyone has just now realized so we've been asking questions, but McCain still refuses to answer". You don't word it like that when referencing something that happened over a year ago. I also doubt most people click the links to articles in tweets tbh, especially when there is what looks like a short summary in the tweet itself.

It's obviously (or hopefully at least) a way to get hits and to get people talking about her like some of the guys above have suggested.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It does seem the tweet has resurfaced in a smear effort as most will see the recent date and think she's asking this of a dead man.

But it's Pierson so feck her.
The tweet hasn’t “resurfaced”. It’s a new tweet which is why it’s rightly being ridiculed.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Why fight a subpoena this much?
There is a rumour it’s linked to a company indicted my Mueller who have been trying to gain access to key documents using discovery but have been denied up until now. The issue with that being they are peddlers of fake news and would likely pluck bullshit narratives from the documents and use them to sully the investigation.

How about this for a mind feck though:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There is a rumour it’s linked to a company indicted my Mueller who have been trying to gain access to key documents using discovery but have been denied up until now. The issue with that being they are peddlers of fake news and would likely pluck bullshit narratives from the documents and use them to sully the investigation.

How about this for a mind feck though:
I've got to believe Papp and his wife are going to become multi millionaires by selling their story to someone in Hollywood.