Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Don Trump Jr hints Mueller may find crimes ‘people did in past lives — in 2006’

Donald Trump Jr. made what sounded like an admission of wrongdoing during a wide-ranging interview with “Fox & Friends.”

The Fox News hosts asked the president’s son to comment on investigations into the Trump family’s business dealings by the Southern District of New York, which wouldn’t be subject to the same Department of Justice guidelines as special counsel Robert Mueller.

“I’m old enough to remember two weeks ago when Mueller would be the savior,” Trump Jr said. “That’s not what they’re trying to do — they’re not investigating actual crimes anymore. They’re literally trying to find something they can make a big deal of.”

The president’s son expressed confidence that he and his family would not be prosecuted.

“I’ve been hearing this for two years — everyone is getting, everyone is going to jail,” he said. “Meanwhile, they haven’t actually found anything relates to this. What they did was put incredible pressure on regular guys that couldn’t afford million dollars in legal fees, and got them to slip up, say something incorrectly. They pretended they were their friends.”

Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort, deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates, former national security adviser Mike Flynn, longtime Trump Organization attorney Michael Cohen and former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos have all pleaded guilty to lying to investigators.

“There are no actual crimes,” Trump Jr. said. “There’s only things that people did in past lives, in 2006 before we even thought we ever get into this crazy world, and that’s what it is. They’re touting these things as victories — it’s not. What it has been a total farce, the greatest witch-hunt in American history.”

The guilty pleas and convictions cover crimes that occurred during the 2016 presidential campaign and after the 2017 inauguration, although some of Manafort’s crimes continued well into 2018.

(Raw Story)
I love Stupid Watergate. After Trump and his 'definitely don't look into my finances!!' we now have Jr going 'definitely don't look at 2006!!'. Damn these morons are special..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I love Stupid Watergate. After Trump and his 'definitely don't look into my finances!!' we now have Jr going 'definitely don't look at 2006!!'. Damn these morons are special..
He knows Mueller has something specific on him which happened in 2006 ready to drop and he’s gaslighting the Fox viewership into thinking that crimes that happened 12 years ago don’t count.

Raulduke

Which will probably spawn specific House investigations leading to his impeachment in the house. The only question at that point will be whether the Senate will be moved by clear illegal activity.
Weisselberg's cooperation must be the real danger for Trump.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Yeah but what are crimes really? And Presidents can't actually commit crimes. And many people think so.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I’m glad this is going to the senate before it goes to the open hearing with Congress.

The Senate is going to do its best to dismiss what he is saying so when the public hear the jist of what he told the senate, it’s going to make the senate look incredibly bad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Short of a video of Trump killing someone, he's not going to lose an impeachment vote in the senate.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Again, she has a very special circle of hell reserved for her when this is all over.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Any info on who was behind the Barr and Mueller leak last week?
There was an article about it coming from the Trump side with the aim of controlling the narrative and putting pressure on Mueller and Barr to wrap it up. Giuliani has been using the same tactic for months to no effect.

Giuliani appears to have been pulled back recently. Probably realised the damage he has been causing.

GiddyUp

Which will probably spawn specific House investigations leading to his impeachment in the house. The only question at that point will be whether the Senate will be moved by clear illegal activity.
If not it will be a clear signal that one party in a two party system is now a brazenly corrupt and criminal entity with no interest in upholding the law. Any "independent" that votes Republican in 2020 after this is a fecking idiot.

Runner

I'm tired of reading what or when Cohen is going to say. It's been weeks of waiting.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Gaetz has to be the dumbest guy alive

Surely one of these pond dwellers are going to actually have to pay the price for their actions soon?

They’re a fecking mafia organisation.

I guarantee that when Cohen has finished his Senate hearing today, the only leaks we will hear from it will be the predetermined GOP narrative constructed by their questions which will leave Cohen’s answers both inconsequential and unreported.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Ken White, a criminal defense attorney at Brown, White, and Osborn LLP, wrote, "Dear Representative @mattgaetz .... are you represented by federal criminal defense counsel?"

"It sure seems like you're threatening Michael Cohen that if he testifies before Congress you, or people aligned with you, will bring out embarrassing details about him," White continued. "There's a whole bunch of obstruction statutes, sir, and if you're threatening to reveal embarrassing information to deter a witness from testifying before Congress, I think you need advice about whether you may be violating one or more of them."
When Vox reporter Alex Ward asked Gaetz if he had a few minutes to discuss what he implied in his tweet about Cohen, Gaetz replied, "Watch tomorrow."

"Will do," Ward said. "Anything I should be prepared for?"
Fireworks," Gaetz responded.

Asked whether he had any response to suggestions that he was engaging in witness tampering, Gaetz said, "I'm witness testing. We still are allowed to test the veracity and character of witnesses, I think."

https://www.businessinsider.com/rep...ohen-congressional-testimony-2019-2?r=US&IR=T
What time is Cohen on tomorrow. Don’t want to miss Gaetz doing something else stupid.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I’m sure I saw MSNBC were having it.

There is usually a stream on YouTube somewhere though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Jacob Wohl has been perm banned from Twitter btw. Won’t miss that face one bit.

Side note - Tommy Robinson also banned from Facebook.