Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Trump says it is ‘totally up to’ Bill Barr to make Mueller’s report public

Of course he will say that.The praise he as given for Barr says it all. He won't make it public.
That’s a fear, or he releases a heavily redacted report, or such a summary as to leave the conclusions unclear or just hidden.
After all this time I hope that doesn’t happen.

kps88

That’s a fear, or he releases a heavily redacted report, or such a summary as to leave the conclusions unclear or just hidden.
After all this time I hope that doesn’t happen.
If there is something truly incriminating that is being hidden, I imagine it will get leaked anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If there is something truly incriminating that is being hidden, I imagine it will get leaked anyway.
Unsealed.

Mueller is not going to rely on the report to be release without a long fight.

When his investigation wraps up, all the evidence and indictments will be unsealed and there is no system in place to stop that from being public.

kps88

Unsealed.

Mueller is not going to rely on the report to be release without a long fight.

When his investigation wraps up, all the evidence and indictments will be unsealed and there is no system in place to stop that from being public.
From what I've read, the unsealing would only be related to evidence and indictments. There could be a lot more information that's worth seeing on people he chose not to or could not indict, like Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/us/politics/mueller-report-release-trump.html

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
From last week:

The Cafe should prepare for massive disappointment on this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Thing is I'm not sure how impactful the report will be even if fully released at this stage. From Flynn, to Comey, to Manafort sharing polling data with Russian intelligence, to Cohen clearly still negotiating Trump tower with senior Russians close to Putin, to Don Jr taking a meeting with a Russian operative to Trump changing the GOP line on Ukranian sanctions the day after Wikileaks published hacked emails... it's all right there . Mueller has show all of these things to be true , and it would have ended any other politicians career years ago, but the GOP has sacrificed everything for power. There can be no smoking gun clear enough to turn Fox and f'cking Lindsay Graham at this stage. It's a ****.

If there are still independents in the American voting base unsure on whether Trump is fit to be their commander in chief then they're not fit to vote imo.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
no he wont.
Of course he will. Even if he gets a sentencing of any sort, they’ll just claim he’s suffering from dementia and he’ll live his last days in a giant mansion, firmly believing he was right all along.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Of course he will. Even if he gets a sentencing of any sort, they’ll just claim he’s suffering from dementia and he’ll live his last days in a giant mansion, firmly believing he was right all along.
That might work in small cases, but that's not going to hold up at this level.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That might work in small cases, but that's not going to hold up at this level.
Why wouldn’t it? I don’t understand at all, where people get the believe, that Trump will have to suffer any real consequences. There won’t be any poetic justice, there won’t be any purge, cleansing Washington of corrupt republicans and there won’t be major changes to US law. The GOP won’t let it happen and parts of the DNC don’t want it to happen, either. Once he’s out of office, everyone will just say that the country needs to heal, that bridges must be build, that everyone has to look forward and things will continue the same. Maybe a little better, but that’s about it.
You guys are setting yourself up for huge disappointment.

Florida Man

Why wouldn’t it? I don’t understand at all, where people get the believe, that Trump will have to suffer any real consequences. There won’t be any poetic justice, there won’t be any purge, cleansing Washington of corrupt republicans and there won’t be major changes to US law. The GOP won’t let it happen and parts of the DNC don’t want it to happen, either. Once he’s out of office, everyone will just say that the country needs to heal, that bridges must be build, that everyone has to look forward and things will continue the same. Maybe a little better, but that’s about it.
You guys are setting yourself up for huge disappointment.
Everything about this presidency has been unprecedented so I'm unsure of how anyone can seriously claim how it's going to turn out in the end. The only thing happening that has gone the course of tradition is that the investigations are taking time.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Everything about this presidency has been unprecedented so I'm unsure of how anyone can seriously claim how it's going to turn out in the end. The only thing happening that has gone the course of tradition is that the investigations are taking time.
That might be true, yet I still believe there won’t be a huge impact, simply because those in power, don’t have any interest to resolve this accordingly. Nobody in Washington wants all this to come out, because they are all dirty. The dems and the reps. The more aggressively the dems get, the more dirt the reps will find on them. It’s not worth it for them.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I keep saying it and I’ll say it again...what if anything is done about Trump will be up to the American people. There are hundreds of millions of them and by comparison very few politicians. If you want it to happen then make it happen. You have such strength in numbers.
That's one the problems though isn't it? That 40%

Florida Man

That might be true, yet I still believe there won’t be a huge impact, simply because those in power, don’t have any interest to resolve this accordingly. Nobody in Washington wants all this to come out, because they are all dirty. The dems and the reps. The more aggressively the dems get, the more dirt the reps will find on them. It’s not worth it for them.
On the chance that notion might be right, I would say it's still important to turn over all the stones we can because it will have an effect on voters who will opt for more honest, grassroots style politicians, which is what we've been seeing lately. I also don't buy into the argument that dems don't have any interest in getting to the bottom of this. The actions of the House seem to show otherwise. The investigations are going to take time and it's important that voters do what they can by voting these assholes out of power and getting more of the AOCs into the game.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
On the chance that notion might be right, I would say it's still important to turn over all the stones we can because it will have an effect on voters who will opt for more honest, grassroots style politicians, which is what we've been seeing lately. I also don't buy into the argument that dems don't have any interest in getting to the bottom of this. The actions of the House seem to show otherwise. The investigations are going to take time and it's important that voters do what they can by voting these assholes out of power and getting more of the AOCs into the game.
They don’t have any interest in it. The party itself has. But they are not their party, they are greedy individuals with their own agendas. They don’t want this, because they would lose their own power. That’s how shit like this works. The very same politicians will hold onto their power. They will continue to abuse it and exploit the people.
The system is broken, Trump is just a symptom. That’s why there will be no major changes. The biggest issues, wealth inequality, racism, privatization and so on, will simply continue as before.
There might be someone like AOC every now and then, but that won’t have such a big impact.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I can't imagine any scenario where the Mueller report gets hidden or is significantly limited in release that doesn't result in House Democrats immediately bringing him/Barr in for a public hearing.

Drifter

American
President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen will testify before the Senate Intelligence panel on Tuesday, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters.

Drifter

American
Roger Stone:

“‘I’m hurtfully sorry for my own stupidity. I’m kicking myself, but not as much as my wife is kicking me,'” .

“‘My consulting business has dried up. I’ve exhausted my savings. I am being treated for emotional distress. I let myself down, my family down, my attorneys down. It was a momentarily lapse of judgment. I heard political commentators people have been talking about the likelihood that I’ll be raped in prison. It’s been a stressful situation. I’m having a hard time putting food on the table and making rent.'”
Finally seeing the seriousness of this ? or just more pantomime.