Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

kps88

That bit about Jr and the Trump Tower meeting is a bit silly and shouldn't have been part of his statement.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be fair, like absolutely fair, we all said that ourselves the night he won that he looked devastated, that he didn't want to win, thought Hilliary would, just wanted to boost his own profile etc.
Agreed and I still think that’s true.

Another talking head mused that he got caught in a tight spot - he didn’t want to win but simultaneously hates losing.

He was prepared to spin it as a win in his own mind but had the problem of the GOP/Russian juggernaut spinning hard for him and it propelled him to a victory he was never prepared for.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
To be fair, like absolutely fair, we all said that ourselves the night he won that he looked devastated, that he didn't want to win, thought Hilliary would, just wanted to boost his own profile etc.
Just imagine if that really came out to be true. That would be one hell of a plot twist and make you rethink what's really going on.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Agreed and I still think that’s true.

Another talking head mused that he got caught in a tight spot - he didn’t want to win but simultaneously hates losing.

He was prepared to spin it as a win in his own mind but had the problem of the GOP/Russian juggernaut spinning hard for him and it propelled him to a victory he was never prepared for.
To add to this - I also don’t think Trump has ever been a fully fledged “Russian agent”.

He’s a businessman who thought he had a mutual relationship with them and thought he could get his Moscow deal without fulfilling his side of the deal. They made sure he won and now he’s screwed because he now has to pay his side of the deal without getting the prize from them.

The same arrangement happend twice before this election. He was offered the same deal in the 90s until it fell through when he failed to get the nomination and the same again in the early 00s.

Russia have played him like a fiddle.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol:

Sorry Judge, I didn't mean it. I've deleted my Tweet. I only meant to test, not threaten or intimidate.

What kind of bullshit excuse is that?

Surely he's done too?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yeah. I don't really find that bit believable but the rest is although it doesn't tell us an awful lot we didn't know already.
The trouble is that he throws question marks over his entire credibility with fantasies like that.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The trouble is that he throws question marks over his entire credibility with fantasies like that.
Yep, and he knows that. He isn't stupid.

Mr. Trump directed me to find a straw bidder to purchase a portrait of him that was being auctioned at a n Art Hamptons Event. The objective was to ensure that his portrait, which was going to be auctioned last, would go for the highest price of any portrait that afternoon. The portrait was purchased by the fake bidder for $60,000. Mr. Trump directed the Trump Foundation, which is supposed to be a charitable organization, to repay the fake bidder, despite keeping the art for himself. Please see Exhibit 3B to my testimony.

Raulduke

Wonder does Giuliani hate being referred to as a TV Lawyer. Cohen seems to take great care to only refer to him as such.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Today is probably the strongest case for Trump getting impeached and convicted (ie...booted from office). If Cohen's testimony is believed then Trump is finished.

langster

Scout
Today is probably the strongest case for Trump getting impeached and convicted (ie...booted from office). If Cohen's testimony is believed then Trump is finished.
:lol::lol:

He's too protected by a cowardly Senate and GOP. Even so, he would find a way to pivot out of it.

Meanwhile in Trumpland..... He's busy off sorting out World Peace with Kim. 7D chess fools!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/26/cohen-trump-racist-conman-cheat-1189951

..."Something clicked in my mind. I remember being in the
room with Mr. Trump, probably in early June 2016, when something
peculiar happened. Don Jr. came into the room and walked behind his
father’s desk – which in itself was unusual. People didn’t just walk behind
Mr. Trump’s desk to talk to him. I recalled Don Jr. leaning over to his father
and speaking in a low voice, which I could clearly hear, and saying: “The
meeting is all set.” I remember Mr. Trump saying, “Ok good…let me
know.”

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nothing surprising in there tbh. Which in of itself is the problem. Once again if an employee of any other senior political figure got up in front of Congress and said those things, that politician would be out by lunch.

But Trumps **** don't care. They're too bitter or too selfish. His bar is buried 10 feet underground, and they act like hes walking on water when he manages a day without tripping over it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nothing surprising in there tbh. Which in of itself is the problem. Once again if an employee of any other senior political figure got up in front of Congress and said those things, that politician would be out by lunch.

But Trumps **** don't care. They're too bitter or too selfish. His bar is buried 10 feet underground, and they act like hes walking on water when he manages a day without tripping over it.
True to an extent, but there are limits to most things and Trump's grip over the Senate is wavering at the moment with his national emergency border claims etc. If that is now compounded with Cohen's testimony, then combined with corroboration from others sources (Mueller, SDNY, classified testimony etc), the Senate would then for the first time actually have to consider crimes against the President. The right are going to stick with Trump for as long as absolutely possible because they know that once Trump crumbles, it will create a seismic shock against the Republican party at a time when Dems are already making massive gains in Congress and Governorships. Their obvious fear therefore is that not defending Trump will result in the dam fully breaking and allowing a massive Dem sweep in 2020.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
True to an extent, but there are limits to most things and Trump's grip over the Senate is wavering at the moment with his national emergency border claims etc. If that is now compounded with Cohen's testimony, then combined with corroboration from others sources (Mueller, SDNY, classified testimony etc), the Senate would then for the first time actually have to consider crimes against the President. The right are going to stick with Trump for as long as absolutely possible because they know that once Trump crumbles, it will create a seismic shock against the Republican party at a time when Dems are already making massive gains in Congress and Governorships. Their obvious fear therefore is that not defending Trump will result in the dam fully breaking and allowing a massive Dem sweep in 2020.
I hope so. Just feels like we're in the era where bad guys win.

langster

Scout
I've just read it in full. Although not one bit is surprising and it stinks of a man who was caught in the act and has no option but to spill the beans, but it rings so true at the same time.

I think his remorse is legit, just it's remorse at being caught.

Everything he says about Trump is true and nothing we didn't know or suspect before. However, reading it just makes everything seem more depressing and sad. The USA got conned. It's still being conned. Many still can't or won't believe it. Trump is still getting away with it and is still in charge. He's still dictating world policy. To illustrate that further he's in Vietnam today in talks with Kim Jon Un.

Batshit. This world is fecked.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

You’re absolutely right and this hopefully makes people understand Giuliani’s (on the surface) confusing role in all of this.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I hope Cohen is well protected at the moment.
I think he’s doing the right thing in making himself as public and hot as possible.

If Cohen is knocked off by anyone at this point, the seriousness of Trump’s behaviour rises in magnitudes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
What were Cohen's (relatively) recent injuries due to?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I think he’s doing the right thing in making himself as public and hot as possible.

If Cohen is knocked off by anyone at this point, the seriousness of Trump’s behaviour rises in magnitudes.
But it could be passed off as some Trump supporting nut job with no affiliation to the toad himself. That's my pessimistic worry.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump's Republican tmrating is 89%. He's made of Teflon. That's all that's important here. Hope Cohen embarrasses him.