Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The White House counsel Don McGahn on the story shares the same lawyer as Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus. The Washington Post version of the story mentions Bannon and Priebus specifically as trying to talk Trump out of firing Mueller. I'd expect them to be among the sources for this, especially as Bannon just started cooperating.

Also interesting is that, like clockwork, these big bombs fall when Trump travels internationally where he's less protected and insulated. Looking forward to the unhinged reaction.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The White House counsel Don McGahn on the story shares the same lawyer as Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus. The Washington Post version of the story mentions Bannon and Priebus specifically as trying to talk Trump out of firing Mueller. I'd expect them to be among the sources for this, especially as Bannon just started cooperating.

Also interesting is that, like clockwork, these big bombs fall when Trump travels internationally where he's less protected and insulated. Looking forward to the unhinged reaction.
Yeah saw that as well. Would be fecking hillarious if Bannon, Priebus, and McGann were all sources.

The Mooch happens to think Bannon was involved. :lol:

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
:lol::lol::lol:

FFS !!

Anyhoo...we will deal with this tomorrow ...look this car crash
Be interested to hear if the network ever bring the discussion up again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol::lol::lol:

FFS !!

Anyhoo...we will deal with this tomorrow ...look this car crash
Be interested to hear if the network ever bring the discussion up again.
"I'm sorry viewers, we haven't discussed this with Trump's lawyers yet and figured out exactly what narrative they would like us to run with, we'll have more on this tomorrow".

Javi

Given it‘s Hannity isn‘t it actually surprising that he acknlowedges that the sources confirmed? Would have expected him to not say anything at least not in that show.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yeah saw that as well. Would be fecking hillarious if Bannon, Priebus, and McGann were all sources.

The Mooch happens to think Bannon was involved. :lol:

Watching the Mooch tie himself in knots is fun but my god that sycophantism of him is unbelievably hard to watch.

Oscie

Why would Mueller want to interview Trump unless he had something on Trump? If he wanted to secure indictments on senior members of the administration then he could do that easily, as he has, without the political furore that would be the result of dragging the President into it. If the intent is to find out more information on others then surely the President would be the last person you'd want to speak to and would want to see if you could get information from other members of the administration and others without having to take that step.

Raulduke

So are they using this memo thing to get to Meuller by replacing Rosenstein?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

So are they using this memo thing to get to Meuller by replacing Rosenstein?
This is the latest cooked up plot by the Nunes brigade. Apparently last week's #ReleasetheMemo operation backfired spectacularly so they are moving on to character assassinating Rosenstein this week.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're not very good at this, are they?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Asha completely debunking all of this in less than 90 seconds.

Shows how desperate they are that they can only call on very flimsy allegations.

They know they can’t just get rid of Mueller, they also know they have to. This is going to end in another “massacre” as it’ll be the last thing they have left. I’m really not sure I trust the GOP to deal with that scenario as they should especially if it came after the midterms and they held both houses.

Fergies Gum

Its just pathetic that they're leaking classified stuff to the media. Way too many politicians leak stuff relating to national security and they should be all removed from office and prosecuted.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its just pathetic that they're leaking classified stuff to the media. Way too many politicians do it and they should be all removed from office and locked up.
Happens all the time. Big difference is it is now being done as an orchestrated plot to obstruct justice on behalf of Trump, which makes it doubly insidious.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Can someone who lived through Watergate please tell me all this shit is normal compared to what happened then?
Obviously the full extent isn't yet known but I've heard plenty saying this could potentially blow that out of the water depending on the scale.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Gotta feeling this is the start of something big.

I think McCabe is going to be a key witness for Mueller in the obstruction charges and he probably feels that he can't continue in his role while testifying against someone who is essentially his boss.

EDIT - Seems to be what others are suggesting in the replies to that tweet. I guess we're pretty close to the first charges against Trump.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gotta feeling this is the start of something big.

I think McCabe is going to be a key witness for Mueller in the obstruction charges and he probably feels that he can't continue in his role while testifying against someone who is essentially his boss.

EDIT - Seems to be what others are suggesting in the replies to that tweet. I guess we're pretty close to the first charges against Trump.
Yeah that's definitely a possibility. McCabe was already on his way out (due to retire in a month), so this may just give him more flexibility to work with Mueller.

Fergies Gum

This seems plausible. You can accumulate up to 60 days of leave so if he was scheduled to retire in March, he would be eligibile to leave now.
Key question is whether he was pressured to leave earlier than his planned March departure. Wray threatened to resign if McCabe was forced out.