Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Was just sharing my opinion on it mate, wasn't implying it was fact :)

Ah. You could be right there, just had a look into it and found two different things with clubs signing out of contract players from the same country. One stated a player could sign a pre-contract 3 months before his contract was up the other stated a player must be released / out of contract before another club can sign him. Now I've never heard of this 3 month rule so i'm skeptical about it, but i'm certain players in the premiership have been able to sign pre-contracts at other clubs before the transfer window opens. :confused:
That's with their current club's permission.

The last 6 months of the contract allows discussions without the parent clubs say.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Not sure if this is a legit jounro.
We don't even know if a Dello Sport journo said it to be honest. This tweet from some 17 year old United fan is all we have on it. Nothing on the Dello Sport website or twitter feeds, so I don't believe a journo has even said it.

on TalkSport last night they had a Dutch Journo on saying the feeling within the sports media in Holland is that Sneijder will sign for United.

Devil may care

We don't even know if a Dello Sport journo said it to be honest. This tweet from some 17 year old United fan is all we have on it. Nothing on the Dello Sport website or twitter feeds, so I don't believe a journo has even said it.

on TalkSport last night they had a Dutch Journo on saying the feeling within the sports media in Holland is that Sneijder will sign for United.
I see, I didn't actually get it directly of twitter, I saw it posted on another site, figured it was probably wide of the mark.

Interesting, of all the targets we seem to have Sneijder is the oldest and most costly, but seemingly the easiest to get as Inter are not opposed to selling it seems.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!

mjs020294

I can't see United paying £38 million for anyone over 26 TBH. Sign them to a 4/5 year contract and you'll never recoup the fee.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I can't see United paying £38 million for anyone over 26 TBH. Sign them to a 4/5 year contract and you'll never recoup the fee.
Pay 38m for anyone at any age and you'll never recoup the fee. Who's to say Sneijder wouldn't want to end his career with us if he joined at this stage?

People are far too concerned with price tags and sell on ability :o

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If signing him means we win PL titles & win at least another CL then it will be worth it and we'd make millions in prize money and more sponsorship deals. As long as signing him means we can improve the squad and are more likely to win trophies then the fee/salary is irrelevant imo.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Surely we hope to never recoup the fee for anyone - Rooney, Rio, Nani etc - potential is there, obviously (for some) but we generally only sell players we have no use for anymore, not those worth more than when we signed them - we are not a sell to exist club.

RedRover

Perhaps not - but I think on this occaision, and given he shrewd moves made in the transfer market so far, the club may take a different view.

I suspect that the club wants a big name wherever posible - to have an impact on the team, get teh fans excited and show everyone they still mean business. Wouldn't so any harm in terms of commercial revenue either.

Modric would be a similar price and is only a year younger, although his wages may be lower. i suppose Nasri represents good business but it depends on the fee - the fact is there may not be all that much in it.

wr8_utd

:'(
John Cross
As we told you the other day, Cesc not going to Far East, Nasri is due to and #Arsenal boss Wenger says he'll 'fight' to keep Nasri and Cesc

That's Fabregas gone now surely.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
John Cross
As we told you the other day, Cesc not going to Far East, Nasri is due to and #Arsenal boss Wenger says he'll 'fight' to keep Nasri and Cesc

I read it was due to a hammy though.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
John Cross

Ruled out of playing with a hamstring injury - at least that is what was said a few days ago. Could be a swerve, but that is what was said.

AgainstAllOdds

This has to be one of the funniest :lol:

jdarragh76 @MUFCTransfers my mates dads a taxi driver in london and from wot hes been told arsenal will sell nasri 2 us if we put a formal bid in

forevrared

I'm sure if you told us all a year ago we could have Wesley Sneijder for only £3m more than it'd cost to get that gangly fecker off Newcastle, we'd have bit their hand off!

Although I'd echo the "WTF resale?" sentiment. Since when are United a selling club? I can understand moving players on if they're too old and have lost it, but you don't get top dollar for old players anyway. I can never see us getting to the point where we develop world class players just to sell them - Ronaldo was a one off.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
God this Sneijder rumor was started by a 17yr old and said that it was said by an unnamed La Gazzetta journalist. This has spread around the twitter like a wildfire.

mjs020294

Pay 38m for anyone at any age and you'll never recoup the fee. Who's to say Sneijder wouldn't want to end his career with us if he joined at this stage?

People are far too concerned with price tags and sell on ability :o
My sentence started with "I can't see United", which is based on 40 years of watching how the club operates. United's business model is hard on by players of a certain age hence our recent signings. I just see them paying an inflated fee for an injury prone 27 year old unproven in the EPL.

wr8_utd

:'(
Talksport seem to think we've made a bid of 12m plus 2 players for Modric :lol:

forevrared

Swap Berba and Kusczcazk? Could also see us giving up Macheda or Welbeck, although I'd be very much against losing Welbeck.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Knowing Talksport, the two players are Brown & O'Shea.

Stojan Stamenic

wayneveysey Wayne Veysey
Strong, strong whisper that Samir Nasri has agreed to leave #Arsenal and join #MCFC.

(Guy is goal.com chief correspondent. Also they say on twitter that it was on Italian SKySport24, that Nasri agreed to go to City for 25m.)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wenger would look like a big dick if the deal happens today, as only today he has said that he'll do everything to keep Nasri and Cesc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
garbosj Ian McGarry
by philmcnulty
#MUFC made first enquiry to Internazionale today about the availability of Wesley Sneijder. No offical bid has been made as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.