Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
It's been Juve making all the noise, I'm sure they're secretly desperate to sell him.

I think they are uncertain, that's for sure. Until the player comes out and makes it very clear that he is not leaving, anything is possible.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah right like we are going to offer more than 63m Euros for a player in an area we are already stocked in.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Neither does Di Maria tbf. I think both are bullshit.
You don't want Di Maria? I want him here just not for 60m Euros. Im still unsure if we are going to be play 3-5-2 the entire season. There will be games where we go 4-3-3. We needs wingers then and LVG's plan might ultimately be to switch to 4-3-3. He just doesn't have good wingers this season to do that. Getting Di Maria could be a start.

ravi2

Maybe Cavani is the only marquee signing available and Woodward is desperate to deliver?
Neither does Di Maria tbf. I think both are bullshit.
If Woodward is itching to spend 100m quickly, 50m on Vidal and 50m on Di Maria should work.
feck Cavani, I find it hard to believe LVG will approve that.

Psg just want him off the books and they want the money to buy Di Maria.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
If Woodward is itching to spend 100m quickly, 50m on Vidal and 50m on Di Maria should work.
feck Cavani, I find it hard to believe LVG will approve that.

Psg just want him off the books and they want the money to buy Di Maria.

50m on Vidal and 50m on Hummels would make better sense.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You don't want Di Maria? I want him here just not for 60m Euros. Im still unsure if we are going to be play 3-5-2 the entire season. There will be games where we go 4-3-3. We needs wingers then and LVG's plan might ultimately be to switch to 4-3-3. He just doesn't have good wingers this season to do that. Getting Di Maria could be a start.
When we play 3-5-2 he won't start imo. So he'll be stuck on the bench or played when we start with 4-3-3 (which I think think we'll use much imo). So question is, would Di Maria be happy to come to use and not be an automatic starter? imo no. I think (am pretty sure) we'll be going for Cuadrado instead as he can still play the 4-3-3 role but he's also played right wingback for over a season. This makes him far more versatile and useful to the squad (something that Van Gaal has stated he likes).

The logical player to go for is Cuadrado, not Di Maria.

ravi2

When we play 3-5-2 he won't start imo. So he'll be stuck on the bench or played when we start with 4-3-3 (which I think think we'll use much imo). So question is, would Di Maria be happy to come to use and not be an automatic starter? imo no. I think (am pretty sure) we'll be going for Cuadrado instead as he can still play the 4-3-3 role but he's also played right wingback for over a season. This makes him far more versatile and useful to the squad (something that Van Gaal has stated he likes).

The logical player to go for is Cuadrado, not Di Maria.
If Di Maria is available Cuadrado would be the next best thing. He leads the serie a in completed dribbles and has serious pace too.

lysglimt

Scout
Di Maria and Vidal fine - but I am actually far more worried about our defense right now

Tarrou

Ahhhh, he can get fecked. He's off to a money-rich club in the next few years if we're second choice to PSG right now. That just shows no ambition and just shows he's a golddigger.
To be fair it's all just speculation, his agent could be using PSG or us to drive up some interest. He could be desperate to stay in Madrid for all we know. So telling him to get fecked is a little OTT.

Name Changed

weso26
I can see it happening, we pass on Vidal, Cesc, Kroos, Carvalho and probably Di Maria and sign Cavani for a massive fee. The rest of Europe will be laughing at us
Since we apparently don't want Vidal and it appearing that he both available and wants to come, I think most of Europe are probably laughing at us already.

I'm getting serious grief from the Liverpool and Arsenal fans in work anyway!

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
I don't think we're looking to stock up in places where we already have an overabundance of players, as Van Gaal himself said. You guys need to start listening to the manager and not the press.

From what I gather (from what Van Gaal's said), we are prioritising defenders and it sounds like Van Gaal would like Strootman but that situation requires patience and is subject to change. The only way he's prepared to wait is because he's found players in the squad to do a job alongside Herrera and Mata for now. Seeing Fletcher against Galaxy and in training has been a big plus as he's looked very good. And given the way van Gaal was throwing the gauntlet down to Cleverley at the press conference, I think he sees potential there.

Defenders and eventually a midfielder (perhaps). Van Gaal is not going to sell Welbeck and Rooney so he can bring in Cavani and Di Maria. None of these talks make sense in light of the fact we are preparing a lot for 3.4.1.2 Some players will be sold, no doubt, but we won't be selling players to make like-for-like replacements.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
TBF I'm not sold on the idea of signings loads of defenders with a view to have a permanent shift to 3-5-2. What if it doesn't work out and we have to switch back to 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1 ? Where will all the extra defenders go ? And more importantly where will we find the surplus wingers/ midfielders for those systems... :confused:

Dominos

TBF I'm not sold on the idea of signings loads of defenders with a view to have a permanent shift to 3-5-2. What if it doesn't work out and we have to switch back to 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1 ? Where will all the extra defenders go ? And more importantly where will we find the surplus wingers/ midfielders for those systems... :confused:
We have 5 first team defenders. Whether we're playing 3 or 4 at the back, we need at least 2 signings.

Tarrou

I suppose the key is to sign versatile players if you plan to switch between formations regularly. I'm guessing LVG will plan to use some form of 4-3-3 eventually, but feels atm the squad is best suited to 3-5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.