g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I reckon Strootman is nailed on to come here it's just a matter of when really. Van Gaal loves him and he's playing for a smaller club in a worse league on worse wages. Can't see that one not happening.

If we could get one of the big names floating about to pair with him I'd be delighted with that.
As long as we have LVG, we have a good chance of signing Strootman. So I would like to wait till next summer to sign him. I want to see him come back from injury and performing well for Roma again before we try and sign him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I reckon Strootman is nailed on to come here it's just a matter of when really. Van Gaal loves him and he's playing for a smaller club in a worse league on worse wages. Can't see that one not happening.

If we could get one of the big names floating about to pair with him I'd be delighted with that.
Agreed. The chance of LvG not going after Strootman are quite low, although it looks like it may be more likely in the winter window.

Browniee

Is Strootman actually any good? As when we were linked with him before he signed for Roma people were slating him saying e was good enough for us

Browniee

Agreed. The chance of LvG not going after Strootman are quite low, although it looks like it may be more likely in the winter window.
But then he'd be cup tied for the Champions le... Screw you Moyes

ThanksBoss26

I'm not sure Roma would let him go in January without a replacement or if they're competing for cups/place in Europe. If it looks like he'll be fit around September,I can see us taking a calculated gamble on him in this window.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Will he pass his medical if we try and sign him this summer? Or is it just in FM where players don't pass their medical two months before they are back in training?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is Strootman actually any good? As when we were linked with him before he signed for Roma people were slating him saying e was good enough for us
Aye, he was great for Roma until he was injured and became very key for Netherlands in the World Cup qualifiers.

Triple.Threat

How was it Gill's fault?
according to Daniel Taylor:

Ferguson’s suspicion was that Pogba had agreed a deal with Juventus long before his contract expired, accusing him of “not showing us any respect at all”. However, there is also an acceptance high up at Old Trafford that the former chief executive, David Gill, made a mistake by not recognising Pogba’s status as one of the outstanding young players in Europe and offering him a more rewarding contract

bucky

Will he pass his medical if we try and sign him this summer? Or is it just in FM where players don't pass their medical two months before they are back in training?
I'd think so. There isn't any ball work involved in the medical, is there? Just determining whether the player has any health issues, which he probably hasn't and then they should look at his recovery, if his knee is stable and that there aren't any issues with his reconstructed cruciate ligament. He should also be running by then, aqua aerobics, anything to get him to the required fitness level.

JP77

Ignore them.

He was quality before he even went to Roma. Would of fitted us brilliantly which is why it was even more baffling when we passed up the chance to sign him for a good price.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm not sure Roma would let him go in January without a replacement or if they're competing for cups/place in Europe. If it looks like he'll be fit around September,I can see us taking a calculated gamble on him in this window.
Yeah it depends on his recovery progress i suppose. If he looks like he's made significant progress by July to where he may be available to play by October, I could see us making a serious inquiry.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think the concern with Strootman was how he'd fare in a tougher league with a team with higher expectations. He did very well in the Italian league with a team that challeneged for the title so there is less of a concern there now.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I think the concern with Strootman was how he'd fare in a tougher league with a team with higher expectations. He did very well in the Italian league with a team that challeneged for the title so there is less of a concern there now.
I think under van Gaal he'd do brilliantly. van Gaal has a huge amount of faith in his ability and Strootman knows the style van Gaal plays. He'll fit in well if he comes here I'd say.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Is he that much of cnut? Couldn't we just pay him off to keep him happy like what we do with Stretford?
His most notable clients: Zlatan and Balotelli. Robinho was previously his client. I wouldn't want to deal with him for any player. They'll want out within two years, guaranteed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We need to hook Valencia up with Raiola.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His most notable clients: Zlatan and Balotelli. Robinho was previously his client. I wouldn't want to deal with him for any player. They'll want out within two years, guaranteed.
An agent isn't a child or necessarily a lifetime commitment. It is possible Raiola will not always be his agent. As it is, he had an agent before him.

bucky

Sounds stupid maybe, but I thought we could try to swap him plus money with Strootman, Roma might be interested and it isn't the worst transfer for Fellaini as well.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Can't find any other Twitter link for this bar on this guy I follow. He isn't some dodgy ITK and The Times link checks out

Can't read that article.. :(

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Anyone can pass a medical. You do the medical to see if there is any concerns and if you don't care about those concerns/problems then he passes.

walsh

Unpopular opinion but I'd be content if fellaini stayed. I still think he can offer a decent option in midfield if LVG deploys him with the correct system and personnel. Nobody can match him physically and he's a monster at set pieces.

NMF

Unpopular opinion but I'd be content if fellaini stayed. I still think he can offer a decent option in midfield if LVG deploys him with the correct system and personnel.
Will he even fit in Van Gaal's system? His not a great passer, zero technical ability and defensively all over the place. If we sign two midfielders he'll be first out the door.

bucky

Unpopular opinion but I'd be content if fellaini stayed. I still think he can offer a decent option in midfield if LVG deploys him with the correct system and personnel. Nobody can match him physically and he's a monster at set pieces.
And he has no positional discipline which will see quickly out of the team with van Gaal at the helm.

Kazi

Will he even fit in Van Gaal's system? His not a great passer, zero technical ability and defensively all over the place. If we sign two midfielders he'll be first out the door.
Honestly think he's a good impact sub and an alternative option to Hernandez to bring on when we need a goal. Also pretty nifty at seeing a game out, great chest control, holds the ball up well - we saw that against Olympiakos.

NMF

Honestly think he's a good impact sub and an alternative option to Hernandez to bring on when we need a goal. Also pretty nifty at seeing a game out, great chest control, holds the ball up well - we saw that against Olympiakos.
With Moyes around that was a possibility, but with Van Gaal no chance his style of football is the complete opposite of Fellaini. Total football possession based style can you realistically imagine him ordering our CB's to hoof the ball up the field to Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.