Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Some people need to get over the embarrassment talk. It's becoming the new 'sentimental' and it's fecking annoying. Business is business. Some you win some you lose. What was embarrassing was last seasons performance for the most part....it's not looking to strengthen regardless of who you buy and under what circumstances.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Some people need to get over the embarrassment talk. It's becoming the new 'sentimental' and it's fecking annoying. Business is business. Some you win some you lose. What was embarrassing was last seasons performance for the most part....it's not looking to strengthen regardless of who you buy and under what circumstances. That's a good thing

LonelyFire

Even if we ignore the buy back thing, which is 'girlfriend has a cock' level of difficulty to get over, he's no way in hell the 3rd most valuable player in world football. Especially when we'll probably not get more than two years before he wants to piss off again and would be very lucky to get out money back let alone a profit.
The buying back thing and only having him for 2 years are valid arguments to the pogba situation....the money we would get for him is irrelevant. Its not our money and ceased being that in 2005. Im not sure whether bringing him back is a good thing or not but i certainly don't give a toss about the money.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If we pay 60m for Pogba, Raiola will get even richer. He's rubbing his hands right now at the though of this transfer happening.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some people need to get over the embarrassment talk. It's becoming the new 'sentimental' and it's fecking annoying. Business is business. Some you win some you lose. What was embarrassing was last seasons performance for the most part....it's not looking to strengthen regardless of who you buy and under what circumstances. That's a good thing
Wholeheartedly agree. In three years time, he's most likely going to be the best central midfielder in the world. If we do manage to resign him, Lord knows the fee a team would have to be paying if he wants to go.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Some people need to get over the embarrassment talk.
Yep, it's embarrassing.

But seriously, it's not as if SAF let Pogba go & then immediately offered £60m to buy him back; we're under new management now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Even if we ignore the buy back thing, which is 'girlfriend has a cock' level of difficulty to get over, he's no way in hell the 3rd most valuable player in world football. Especially when we'll probably not get more than two years before he wants to piss off again and would be very lucky to get out money back let alone a profit.
We can always find a reason not to sign a world class midfielder and so far this club is doing pretty damn good job in that aspect.

Plugsy

The buying back thing and only having him for 2 years are valid arguments to the pogba situation....the money we would get for him is irrelevant. Its not our money and ceased being that in 2005. Im not sure whether bringing him back is a good thing or not but i certainly don't give a toss about the money.

That doesn't make any sense. The club was owned by people pre-2005 and is owned by people now. What's the difference in calling it "our money"?

Plugsy

We can always find a reason not to sign a world class midfielder and so far this club is doing pretty damn good job in that aspect.
If we walk away from £60m for Pogba isn't really looking for an excuse, it's eminently fecking reasonable IMO. It's half our sometimes rumoured 'war chest', on one player who even ignoring everything else is worth a good £20m short of that.

walsh

I'm pretty sure we're still the ones shelling out for tickets. It's never been our money but we obviously have a vested interest. FFP would certainly see it as 'ours.'

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we walk away from £60m for Pogba isn't really looking for an excuse, it's eminently fecking reasonable IMO. It's half our sometimes rumoured 'war chest', on one player who even ignoring everything else is worth a good £20m short of that.
If we have other great midfielders in plans, I also won't complain if we'll ignore Pogba who at some point appeared almost like a brat few years ago.

LonelyFire

That doesn't make any sense. The club was owned by people pre-2005 and is owned by people now. What's the difference in calling it "our money"?
Im more referencing the fact that all the glazers have done is take an obscene amount of money out the club. As a plc that didn't happen and we saw continued investment in the team. I could not give a toss what loss we potentially make on selling a player under the current ownership

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Schweinsteiger and Kroos according to the other twitter thread. If that happens I'll spazz out with joy.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Schweinsteiger and Kroos according to the other twitter thread. If that happens I'll spazz out with joy.
Lets face it. We aint getting both of them. But if we get one of these two, then I would be elated beyond words.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It wouldn't be the transfer season without fake twitter accounts, constant bullshitting and every media undermining Manchester United as if no one wants to play for us and everyone has rejected a move to us at some point in his career. Oh, and every time after a player completes a move to another team, it's exclusively revealed that we've been fighting for his signature but he's opted to join the other club instead, regardless if the club he's joined is Real Madrid or Notts County.

Triple.Threat

Buying Pogba for £60m would just look embarrassing.
too late for that, losing him for nothing made us look embarrassing, i think i read somewhere the blames fully lies with David Gill. We need to spend to become a powerhouse again. Anyways in my books i would rather spend to strengthen than see the money going to the Glazers.

An Irish Red

Lets face it. We aint getting both of them. But if we get one of these two, then I would be elated beyond words.
I reckon Strootman is nailed on to come here it's just a matter of when really. Van Gaal loves him and he's playing for a smaller club in a worse league on worse wages. Can't see that one not happening.

If we could get one of the big names floating about to pair with him I'd be delighted with that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
too late for that, losing him for nothing made us look embarrassing, i think i read somewhere the blames fully lies with David Gill. We need to spend to become a powerhouse again. Anyways in my books i would rather spend to strengthen than see the money going to the Glazers.
How was it Gill's fault?

ThanksBoss26

I reckon Strootman is nailed on to come here it's just a matter of when really. Van Gaal loves him and he's playing for a smaller club in a worse league on worse wages. Can't see that one not happening.

If we could get one of the big names floating about to pair with him I'd be delighted with that.
Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.