Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

£45m and a Nan bread, not a penny more!
I'd love to get Pogba and I don't care how much we spend but we'd probably look like the most stupid club in the world if we bought him for £60 million two years after letting him go.

Jev

If we spend 60 million on Pogba, we're officially the worst club in the world at transfers. Great player but seriously. If that's the money we're throwing around, then that 'war chest' will be gone very, very fast.

bonusroller

Personally I think Elko and Daniel Taylor are both playing the 'yeah we always knew United were after Pogba' card just in case. Moyes' comments are most interesting although he could also be trolling us to say 'look, you should have kept me after all' for when we sign Strootman.

SammyUnited_83

If I've got this right... Moyes has admitted he wanted to bring Pogba back this summer and Woody was working towards this. Nothing to say LVG wants him though?
If Moyes was still in charge, would Pogba, Shaw, Kroos and Cavani already be signed?! ;)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If we spent 60 million on Pogba it don't matter what it looks like. If the kid stayed injury free and played to his potential, if we sold him down the line we would probably make a profit in the long run. We've got to sign someone. He's as good as anyone you could get. We wouldn't be mugs for spending what it took. We're mugs for letting him slip through our fingers in the first place.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For all those saying 'we would look like idiots if we signed Pogba for huge money' - the fact is we have looked like idiots every day for the last two years for allowing him to leave.

My guess is re-signing him, and potentially watching him become the best midfielder in the league is the bit where we stop looking like idiots.

Do Chelsea look like fools for signing Matic back? Or would they look bigger fools of they let him go for cheap and a prem rival got him instead.?

Utd7

It's true that we would look stupid for literally giving him away for free and then bought him for 60 million but honestly who cares, our midfield would be sorted for a decade perhaps longer. You get the sense that Paul never really wanted to leave, he just wanted the opportunity.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Moyes was still in charge, would Pogba, Shaw, Kroos and Cavani already be signed?! ;)
I think this is what Moyes believed and why he feels hard done by. He had a picture in his head of all these players signing and playing for him and believed he could put up a title challenge.

The board on the other hand saw a team with Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Carrick, Welbeck, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and De Gea come 7th and thought "not likely mate".

Varun

Staff
I think this is what Moyes believed and why he feels hard done by. He had a picture in his head of all these players signing and playing for him and believed he could put up a title challenge.

The board on the other hand saw a team with Van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Carrick, Welbeck, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and De Gea come 7th and thought "not likely mate".
Dont know why but I :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I really think you are building yourselves up for disappointment if you're entertaining the idea that we might re-sign Pogba.
Yea but up until an hour or so ago you probably had no idea that we have been following him all season and held talks with Juve.

Not saying it will happen, but I'm well past this idea of trying to logically calculate a players motives etc. We have no clue at all.

Our Essien calculators would have seen Thiago here on the basis that we have space in midfield, or Hazard on the basis that he wants to play behind the striker and Chelsea have Mata.

Danny Boi

It would be stupid to turn Pogba down.Sure the price is high but if we have 200M to spend, we can more than afford it.

We could get him, Shaw and Strootman for roughly 120M which still leaves 80M to sort out a CB and a winger.

We shouldn't be resentful of the fact he left.It is perfectly understandably for a player of his talents to be annoyed at the lack of oppurtunitie he got.It seems his agent wanted the move more than him amyway.

And even if he does leave after 3-5 years we will still have had an excellent player in our team for that time and probably make a profit.

There is no way we can turn Pogba down in our current position, even for that fee.It will be embarrassing now of course, but I imagine less so when we're winning trophies for years to come.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pogba will be the epitome of a mercenary. United believe he'd agreed to go to Juventus even before the whole Park/Rafael saga happened, and he's clearly fishing for another move here. I wouldn't go near him, he's a world class talent but he's being advised by a world class cnut.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's true that we would look stupid for literally giving him away for free and then bought him for 60 million but honestly who cares, our midfield would be sorted for a decade perhaps longer. You get the sense that Paul never really wanted to leave, he just wanted the opportunity.
Not with Raiola as his agent.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba will be the epitome of a mercenary. United believe he'd agreed to go to Juventus even before the whole Park/Rafael saga happened, and he's clearly fishing for another move here. I wouldn't go near him, he's a world class talent but he's being advised by a world class cnut.
Here in France on RMC by Philip Auclair and an other consultant who is in Italy, it has been said that Pogba negociate with the Juventus 2 years before his departure.

Browniee

It would be stupid to turn Pogba down.Sure the price is high but if we have 200M to spend, we can more than afford it.

We could get him, Shaw and Strootman for roughly 120M which still leaves 80M to sort out a CB and a winger.

We shouldn't be resentful of the fact he left.It is perfectly understandably for a player of his talents to be annoyed at the lack of oppurtunitie he got.It seems his agent wanted the move more than him amyway.

And even if he does leave after 3-5 years we will still have had an excellent player in our team for that time and probably make a profit.

There is no way we can turn Pogba down in our current position, even for that fee.It will be embarrassing now of course, but I imagine less so when we're winning trophies for years to come.
:lol:

walsh

We'd be lucky if Pogba even remains a footballer for over a decade with Raiola as his agent. Would likely get tempted by a big offer from the NFL.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is he that much of cnut? Couldn't we just pay him off to keep him happy like what we do with Stretford?
Two of Raiola's other clients: Ibrahimovic and Balotelli. Balotelli's also been linked with a move this year and Ibra has had plenty over his career. And nah, whatever we'd pay, he'd get more from getting the player a transfer elsewhere.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Pogba for 60mil... No.

It will make us look like idiots but that isn't the main reason.
The main reason is why is he worth 60mil? What has he actually done to prove he is worth more than any other CM in history? I can't see it.

Browniee

Offer £90m for Vidal and Pogba with either Nani or Hernandez going the other way.

What the feck am I on about, muppet

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pogba, Strootman, Schweinsteiger, Vidal... Just signing one of them would make me very happy.

Plugsy

Buying back a bit yes but having him in the midfield ? Not so much and not that LVG cares about money at all.
Even if we ignore the buy back thing, which is 'girlfriend has a cock' level of difficulty to get over, he's no way in hell the 3rd most valuable player in world football. Especially when we'll probably not get more than two years before he wants to piss off again and would be very lucky to get out money back let alone a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.