Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Another head scratching decision.
I think the boss likely didn't want to play 2 inexperienced players together. Blind although isn't a CB is a very experienced player compared to those 2.

marlowe78

I'm very curious to see how Blackett would do with McNair but I don't see that happening if LVG has the manpower to play someone else.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Could very well come in for this match. I would like to see him back in there, he has been very good this season when he has played, yes he made mistakes but what player doesn't, especially young players.

FromTheBench

If Smalling is fit does LVG start Mcnair or Blackett ?

Mcnair deserves it for me and is better too and who i would certainly go for but how rigid is LVG to his right foot left foot thing ?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If Smalling is fit does LVG start Mcnair or Blackett ?

Mcnair deserves it for me and is better too and who i would certainly go for but how rigid is LVG to his right foot left foot thing ?
I should think all 3 will start unless one of Jones/Evans is fit. Smalling and McNair at CB and Blackett at LB.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Looking very overawed. He's lucky his pass across goal hit Smalling. What is he doing with his backpasses? All of them are putting De Gea under pressure. McNair is looking far more capable.

Ixion

He isn't ready for a game like this. Can't handle being pressed and his distribution gets us into trouble.

Man-United

We survived this game with him in the team, hope this was the last until he learn to defend better.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He improved a lot in the second half, together with the rest of the defense (and the team actually). I'm still not comfortable when the ball is in his zone though.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I thought he defended quite well actually. Looked out of his depth with the ball though.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's only in the side because he's left footed and Van Gaal has an OCD for players playing on the side of their preferred foot.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought he was absolutely appalling in the early stages of the game and seemed incapable of passing the football without nearly giving it to the opposition, however he gradually settled in and was fairly decent in the second half. He shows signs of having some ability, but a lack of experience is clearly a major problem for him right now.

Sam

He's a bit....rubbish, aint he?

Its hard not to like him though.

legball

Always late, slow and casual with the ball. I don't think he's good enough for United.

Ekeke

Started the game very weakly and Arsenal were pouncing on a clear vulnerable area of our side. He finally grew into the game in the 2nd half and had a few good defensive contributions. I do think he's taking a few too many liberties on the ball

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He did OK considering it was Arsenal away and they had far more possession. But my god his long passes were awful.

Revan

Assumptionman
Worst defensive performance of a United player since Wootton against Chelsea a couple of years ago. And during these 2 years we have had some really bad performances there.

Dumbat12

He has never been good enough and this match proves it. You can't excuse him since this isn't his first time. We were quite lucky at the beginning of the season which our fixtures where he made ton of mistakes, but the weaker teams couldn't capitalize.

Same with Rojo although we can give Rojo the benefit of the doubt since he is new to the team.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Stupidly casual on the ball. In pre season people thought it was composure, I think he's just an idiot.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really lackadaisical and times with the ball. Not sure he will have much of a future here.

khoazany

He has never been good enough and this match proves it. You can't excuse him since this isn't his first time. We were quite lucky at the beginning of the season which our fixtures where he made ton of mistakes, but the weaker teams couldn't capitalize.

Same with Rojo although we can give Rojo the benefit of the doubt since he is new to the team.
Yeah because Blackett was a bloody veteran centre back for us last season...

Revan

Assumptionman
Evans vs MK Dons
Probably. Though to his defense he had just returned from an injury that kept him off the pitch for half a century or so.

Anyway, Blackett has been really awful on the last couple of performances. The worst part is when he takes the ball under no pressure, closes his eyes, waits until some opposite player makes pressure and then hoofs it either out of game (best case) or in some risky position. Madness!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He got better, but man he was all over the shop in the first half

He has had better games for utd earlier in the season. But McNair certainly is the better of the two

Status
Not open for further replies.