Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

Great battle with Saka today...you can't totally nullify the attackers for 90 minutes...great experience for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He came back strong after a few shaky moments against Saka. And those moments can easily be improvement upon imo, so I'm not worried about him in that regard. It takes time for new players to fully settle and express their ability, especially ones who are young and come from a different league.

I think we'll see more of his ability on the ball as we progress as a team. Someone posted highlights of his game against Roma in the final of the conference league a few days ago and that showed how capable he can be on the ball, and that will come as we progress as a team.

BarstoolProphet

Had a mare up until their goal, was solid right after then finished very strongly. That body dummy that Saka nearly scored from though, schoolboy error.

Nick7

Definitely poor today. Saka was tormenting him probably needed a little bit more help from one of the other left sided players

InfiniteBoredom

Saka had him on toast all day long and he was nowhere to be seen for the goal.

He’s a young player, shit happens, but clearly not a cut above Shaw as touted. The latter should be given a chance to fight his way into the team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Came up against two among best players in PL (Salah and Saka), and he's been doing well in general. The boy is a gem.

The United

Came up against two among best players in PL (Salah and Saka), and he's been doing well in general. The boy is a gem.
He is doing well in general but not against Saka. At all. Salah has been poor on his own. The guy will be tested against more good wingers and hope he learnt from today's game.

Teja

Maybe left the door slightly open for Shaw with that performance. Decent but a little shaky defensively and didn't do anything in attack.

Mailo

Immense energy and came alive at the last 3rd of the game. Very impressed by Saka. Malacia isn't an easy player to beat 1v1. Some shaky defending also, but he'll learn a lot from this game.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Saka had him on toast all day long and he was nowhere to be seen for the goal.

He’s a young player, shit happens, but clearly not a cut above Shaw as touted. The latter should be given a chance to fight his way into the team.
Yeah, Shaw who has had about one good season in 7 years. Think we’ve all seen enough already. Malacia was isolated a lot, didn’t have a lot of support either from Sancho.

SAFMUTD

He struggled against Saka, arsenal were clearly targeting him.

Grew into the game though, his tenacity is a joy to watch. Definitely a fighter, could have costed us today luckily he didn't.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He is doing well in general but not against Saka. At all. Salah has been poor on his own. The guy will be tested against more good wingers and hope he learnt from today's game.
Sancho and Eriksen on his side didn't really help much defending. I thought it was a good display, ended with Saka lashing into him out of frustration. Obviously he's not imperious, but that energy and aggressiveness are things i'm very fond of. His passing is pretty good also.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The way he won that last duel of the game is quite telling. Refuses to give up. Ever.

King Eric 7

The way he came back into that game after looking dead an buried in the middle section is hugely impressive.

A lot of lads would've dropped the head and gone missing out there. He took the beating he was getting and turned it round to finish the game on top.

Huge character. I love him.
Totally agree. Really impressed by his recovery after a nightmare 20 mins or so in the first part of the second half.

Ole90+3

He struggled against Saka, arsenal were clearly targeting him.

Grew into the game though, his tenacity is a joy to watch. Definitely a fighter, could have costed us today luckily he didn't.
Tenacity, absolutely. He brings that in bucket loads and you can tell the rest of the players feed off of it.

Based Adnan

Difficult test for him today and despite some nervy moments here and there he did well. Looking like a bargain at only £15m.

Prodigy24

Saka caused a lot of trouble against him, but he was very solid after we scored the second goal. He'll learn and improve.

The United

Sancho and Eriksen on his side didn't really help much defending. I thought it was a good display, ended with Saka lashing into him out of frustration.
Arsenal in general did not get any joy after we tightened up with 3 DM/CM. You can never say a FB had a good display when a winger kept running inside past him thru with the ball again and again.

MagooDad

He was good. It's just that Saka is great. Any defender has problems when Saka has a good day.

InfiniteBoredom

Yeah, Shaw who has had about one good season in 7 years. Think we’ve all seen enough already. Malacia was isolated a lot, didn’t have a lot of support either from Sancho.
Shaw being underwhelming thus far in his Utd career doesn't wash away his competitor's mistakes. If he can play at his best, and his best is better than what we've seen from Malacia so far by a mile, then he should start, otherwise he can continue warming the bench with Maguire. That's how it should work.

I'd still continue with Malacia next game, mind, but he needs to learn from this game and be much better.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It was because we tightened ourselves up with loads of DM/CM. Saka was brutal against him.
Saka is a seasoned PL footballer, it doesn't worry me at all, the kid has shown plenty of mental resilience to learn from this.

The United

Shaw did have more than one good season. I mean the guy needs to get his shit together. But he has not been that bad for us.

caid

Rough match but kept his head and kept fighting. He'll do well.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He just needs more games imo. He struggled a bit but showed character and grew into the game. Give him until February and he'll have them in his pocket

dutchred

Saka and Salah are both great players. He is in his first few games in the PL. He has the personality and tenacity to learn. Give him time. One thing is that he never stops trying

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Shaw being underwhelming thus far in his Utd career doesn't wash away his competitor's mistakes. If he can play at his best, and his best is better than what we've seen from Malacia so far by a mile, then he should start, otherwise he can continue warming the bench with Maguire. That's how it should work.

I'd still continue with Malacia next game, mind, but he needs to learn from this game and be much better.
He can play in the europa so Malacia can get a rest.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He'll learn from this, probably the best winger he's had to come up against (Salah is off form) - he's still young, and clearly not the finished article, but the foundations are there for him to be a really good fullback.
I still don't see enough of him in attack, but maybe that's a tactic from EtH

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Shades of Memphis vs that Midtjylland fullback, but here's hoping he'll learn from it. Showed great fight and spirit, never gave up.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Saka is one of the trickiest wingers he will face. Was a difficult afternoon but he improved at the end. Still see him as the starter, much more energy than Shaw. Would like to see a bit more attacking intent from him but I'm sure that will come in time.

BigDycheEnergy

Not sure if he was poor or Saka was great. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The job of a fullback is almost as thankless as that of a goalkeeper. You are expected to be a part of most attacks and somehow never leave any space behind you. I can forgive leaving some space as long as it doesn't happen all the time, but don't let the winger dribble past you so easily. That is inexcusable, especially for someone so young, quick and energetic.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Status
Not open for further replies.