UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw 2012/13

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I know we're all talking about City's group, but Chelsea's could end up being underrated for potential danger to them. They've got a Juventus side who are probably better than them and a Shakhtar side who will be decent and they have to make a long journey too.

With the smaller Danish side in there, it means Shakhtar aren't as vulnerable to dropping points against the 4th seed as they would have been, so like Chelsea and Juventus they'll probably take 6 points from that. Very dangerous for Chelsea potentially.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I wanted Valencia, Juventus, something like that.

Last year showed we need better opponents, not fecking Cluj.
I disagree. We were complacent in a relatively easy group last year, but I think that'll make us more sure to be careful in the group this time around. Very good draw for us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo's probably looking around for a button to vote for himself. :D

ryan_forlan

Gullible
does anyone know when the fixtures will be announced?
will be around manchester for the 1st matchday. need to know if there it is going to be a home game.
thanks

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
"Easy" group for us, difficult group for City.

Just like last year:nervous:
Hopefully that will stretch their squad and get their eye of the ball for a few months. We could do with them having a few sloppy Euro hangover draws.

We probably could and should be playing all those players people were worrying about (Chicha, Welbeck, Rooney regaining fitness...). Any idea if Fletcher may be ready to do a few cameos? Wouldn't want to play Carrick-less or overwork him :nervous:

Ash_G

Wonder if city will be spending some cash now. Tough group but I think they'll qualify fine, hopefully though they drop some points in the league as a result. Chelsea's group will be tough and will really test te strength of the squad. Arsenal got a decent group and so did we, but no margins for error as we could face barca unless we come top.

Leg-End

Bit dissapointing we didn't get atleast one glamour tie but I'd take the "easier" group everytime over that. SAF learnt his lesson last season, no way we make the same mistakes again.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Do we really want to see them concentrating all their energy and resources on the League after Christmas?
Last year they were out and dropped points during two periods: group stage and when they shat themselves about being top in March. The latter ain't gonna happen again so we may as well root for the former (and qualification, only to draw Barca and -if- then Real again :lol:).

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I bet City fans are screaming 'agenda!' (when aren't they?) but if UEFA wanted to see us knocked out again, they've give us the group from hell after last year. Nothing for us fans to get excited about. Hopefully Fergie can do a better job of getting the players interested in it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come on. They like dragging things out.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bit dissapointing we didn't get atleast one glamour tie but I'd take the "easier" group everytime over that. SAF learnt his lesson last season, no way we make the same mistakes again.
Er... that was the second time in the last few years we've done that.

At least we've bounced back the following season but I still see us as being a bit thin in midfield to win it

Traub

I reckon City and Madrid are going to both qualify comfortably. The toughest group will be Chelsea's.

Baxter

Ronaldo likes saying the were better and then he says we won yesterday as well. :lol:

pauldyson1uk

it has already started in the Bluemoon CL draw thread :lol::lol:

Rigged like an absolute mother fecker. Love having such great games but meeting FFP is going to be difficult if we keep getting put in the hardest group to get out of.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pretty sure that after the last years horrendous collapse, there's no fecking chance that we'll mess up the draw again.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I bet City fans are screaming 'agenda!' (when aren't they?) but if UEFA wanted to see us knocked out again, they've give us the group from hell after last year. Nothing for us fans to get excited about. Hopefully Fergie can do a better job of getting the players interested in it.
I bet they aren't! It's the type of matches they were only dreaming about a few years back, I hardly think they now believe it's a conspiracy theory

wr8_utd

:'(
Cluj away won't be easy. They have a sandy pitch and Drogba badly injured himself there? So I guess RvP won't be playing.