g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

United fans are protesting at Carrington

Gasolin

Fair. And he did share that too. But I don't think it's a big deal per se.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Do we know that as a fact? Honest question.
I don't know anything about that as a fact. I don't even know if the English clubs really have left the project, or just claimed they would.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Worth mentioning that no manager has spoken out against their owners.
Yeah it's like today with some Arsenal fans raging that Arteta didn't speak out against Kroenke. I don't know what fans expect. It's just not going to happen.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Fair. And he did share that too. But I don't think it's a big deal per se.

He loves the club can be interpreted in many ways. I'm sure he loves the club but in the same way too.

I've loved how some women look but have I loved them? Yes, Sally if you're out there please return my calls :(

Andre Kagawa

He loves the club can be interpreted in many ways. I'm sure he loves the club but in the same way too.

I've loved how some women look but have I loved them? Yes, Sally if you're out there please return my calls :(
It’s over horsechoker.

Gasolin

I trust Ole does everything for the club unlike many other managers, so no issue there. Just trying to say it got out of control because the words were said, but I am also convinced that if people say it was fine, Ole must have been respectful and shown how much he cares about the club.

R'hllor

Its amazing how far people are ready to go, to wash someone, if comment is true.

RUCK4444

:lol: Alright, seeing as you agreed to meet me in a civil debate I'll concede that calling them idiots or plebs was unfair and unwarranted, but like most around here I'm frustrated with what is going on right now as much as the next person and I really feel like the protest today didn't help, it only hindered. I understand that some people feel the need to act out and go to the training ground for answers but I still feel like there's something to play for this season and our squad need all the help and support they can get. What really fecked me off actually was the Red Issue making shit up, and that wouldn't have happened if these lads hadn't of gone to the ground. You can guarantee that there's a good section of people on here who will believe that because it fits what they already think.

Anyway, we can all do our part if we continue to boycott United products, it's not much but it's something. People can also hit me up with a DM if they are interested in becoming a pirate, if you know what I mean. ;)
OK that's fair. I'm with you on the need to finish the season strong and my primary concern whilst this whirlwind of shite continues to swirl is our transfer plans and having a good summer window.

Red Issue are a disgrace. I'm not even sure what purpose they serve.

clarkydaz

Do we know that as a fact? Honest question.
Florentino Perez: “We have been working on the Super League for 3 years.” That’s no secret. Key Capital Partners, an independent financial firm from Madrid, sent around drafts of ‘binding agreements’ already in 2018.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Florentino Perez: “We have been working on the Super League for 3 years.” That’s no secret. Key Capital Partners, an independent financial firm from Madrid, sent around drafts of ‘binding agreements’ already in 2018.
3 years to plan it. One Woodward and the glazers to feck it all up in a week. Standard practice around here.

Dve

Yes, of course Woodward has been represented in these meetings as a representative for the Glazers, but at the same time it could be true that "According to senior club sources, Woodward was uncomfortable with significant elements of the breakaway plan and, crucially, regretted not expressing his reservations."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...s-own-misgivings-aboutesl-plans-40341691.html

In light of this, it actually makes sense that he did not want to be the one having to defend the misery and therefore announced his departure.

Ali Dia

Manchester United were monitoring the situation :lol:

My least favourite PR ever! Man Utd are relaxed about the situation. Clearly :lol:

Maybe Woodward was against it from the start and knew by getting involved it guaranteed its failure? 4D chess again from Ed.
4d chess :lol:

I think he’s just this guy who’s probably a little misunderstood. Like he gravitated towards banking and hostile takeovers so he’s most likely a bit of a twat anyway but he was also given way too much responsibility and power by owners who didn’t have a clue what they were doing themselves.

He’s made some seriously out of touch quotes to the press and the Klopp Disneyland thing.... nightmarish stuff! The transfers. You knew football was laughing at him but the glazers were also hanging him out to dry summer after summer. I bet you it’ll come out the glazers have been picking some transfers over Eds head. The expensive turkeys most likely. I thought this guy is way out of his depth and area of expertise here but that’s Ed and the glazers for you. Their ambition far exceeds their talent!

Dve

My least favourite PR ever! Man Utd are relaxed about the situation. Clearly :lol:

4d chess :lol:

I think he’s just this guy who’s probably a little misunderstood. Like he gravitated towards banking and hostile takeovers so he’s most likely a bit of a twat anyway but he was also given way too much responsibility and power by owners who didn’t have a clue what they were doing themselves.

He’s made some seriously out of touch quotes to the press and the Klopp Disneyland thing.... nightmarish stuff! The transfers. You knew football was laughing at him but the glazers were also hanging him out to dry summer after summer. I bet you it’ll come out the glazers have been picking some transfers over Eds head. The expensive turkeys most likely. I thought this guy is way out of his depth and area of expertise here but that’s Ed and the glazers for you. Their ambition far exceeds their talent!
Some truth in that, but also, you get the impression that United in many aspects is a quite well driven club compared to many others. With different owners, and a football director in place, Woodward may have been a brilliant man to have at the club.

Not sure why I feel the urge to defend him anyway, but I´m not convinced the criticism of him has always been fair.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

She'll come round hang in there no matter what!

clarkydaz

Hearing that phrase i immediately thought thats exactly what Evra said in his long twitter rant. Sounded like it was a play on that

Red_toad

So he did say it?
Looks that way. But who cares, he’s not going to throw his boss under the bus, he’s living the dream in his dream job. It’ll all die down once the season is over and we’ll get a few pro Glazer posters on numerous forums to tell us how great they are eloquently, just like they did after the takeover on many forums. We owe them big time for how they miraculously increased our revenue streams and allowed the managers to spend part of that cash don’t you know....

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Except Pep. Not directly naming them, but he said it is a terrible idea and it is not "sport".
Pep said the owners are great people essentially. So no, he didn't speak out against the owners, just about his understanding of their plan.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Looks that way. But who cares, he’s not going to throw his boss under the bus, he’s living the dream in his dream job. It’ll all die down once the season is over and we’ll get a few pro Glazer posters on numerous forums to tell us how great they are eloquently, just like they did after the takeover on many forums. We owe them big time for how they miraculously increased our revenue streams and allowed the managers to spend part of that cash don’t you know....
He doesn't have to throw him under the bus, but dont say Joe Glazer loves the club, not after what just happened, come on.

Ali Dia

So he did say it?
Yeah he said it but who gives a shit about that? I’m sure Joel actually does love the club and wants us to be doing way better than we have been. I’m sure he's well aware how it makes him look when we fail year after year. I definitely think he’s been way more involved in decisions and sagas than casual fans seem to think. He’s just not a very good or a lucky owner. his luck totally ran out when Fergie retired and he stepped into the power vacuum over Ed. This whole billion quid waste was the dithering Ed and Joel show. Clueless fools learning on the job cost us big time but I genuinely thought they were starting to improve and the luck was changing

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Yeah he said it but who gives a shit about that? I’m sure Joel actually does love the club and wants us to be doing way better than we have been. I’m sure he's well aware how it makes him look when we fail year after year. I definitely think he’s been way more involved in decisions and sagas than casual fans seem to think. He’s just not a very good or a lucky owner. his luck totally ran out when Fergie retired and he stepped into the power vacuum over Ed. This whole billion quid waste was the dithering Ed and Joel show. Clueless fools learning on the job cost us big time but I genuinely thought they were starting to improve and the luck was changing
You cant be serious.

ReallyUSA

Why did the fans, who are fecking amazing, expect Ole to talk down on his owners when he is trying to get a new contract? Fanhood shouldn't overshadow common sense.

Ali Dia

You do realise he hasn't watched a single Manchester United match in over 2 years.
Yes but I’m sure he’s always at his evil bad guy lair watching us and praying for martial to score :lol: he’s had a major input but he has flopped. I’m fairly sure the glazers are also the reason for all the drawn out transfer sagas. I know about the debt and I hate that as much as anyone. I don’t want the glazers here anymore at all but despite all that yes I still think Joel loves running the club and would like to have us winning again and I’m not just saying it to back up Ole. Ole was just being civil to those lads today and people expect newsworthy quotes. It’s truly been a crazy few days and everyone is hungry for sound bytes.

alexthelion

So we've gone from questioning the efficacy of the protests, to straight up insulting the people protesting! :lol:

Nice
Or straight up insulting the posters who find the 'protest' underwhelming, to say the least.

Much better.