United Have Confiscated My Season Tickets

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The thing is, a number of random e-mail from random people, however well meaning, are just that, I'm afraid.
Unfortunately, that's probably bang on. Has anyone been in touch with MUST? They have a line of communication into the club and would be better placed to take this up on Sultan's behalf as opposed to individuals contacting United independently.

Varun

Staff
Varun, need to get in touch with you regarding this issue. I might have something that helps. Where can i contact you privately? Please advise, man. I'm based out of Hyderabad so i don't mind talking if need be. Thanks!

EDIT: As Colin pointed out, i contacted Sultan directly. Let's hope this gets sorted.
Alright, cheers.

carlosp

BenjaminP

This may not be the ideal place and time to ask this question, but I'm planning to visit Manchester first time all the way from S Korea.
Where is the place that I have best chance for getting United vs City match ticket?
Waiting all night at ticket booth is no problem, and I want the ticket no matter the price as long as it's not ridiculous.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Imagine banning Sults, of all the people that go to OT they pick almost certainly the most helpful and soundest guy in the ground.

They’ll get their dream of a ground full of day trippers with arms full of bags from the megastore soon enough.
and then they complain about the atmosphere.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This may not be the ideal place and time to ask this question, but I'm planning to visit Manchester first time all the way from S Korea.
Where is the place that I have best chance for getting United vs City match ticket?
Waiting all night at ticket booth is no problem, and I want the ticket no matter the price as long as it's not ridiculous.
this is the place to ask about tickets: www.redcafe.net/threads/all-ticket-travel-information-thread-2017-18-touting-will-not-be-tolerated-on-the-site.429886/page-19

but basically you are already too late to get any official tickets for the derby next month

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wow, they can do that? I am shocked. Can somebody explain to me is it true that you can't miss more that couple of games if you have saason tickets ? I read that somewhere also but i can't believe that that can be true.

Wow, they can do that? I am shocked. Can somebody explain to me is it true that you can't miss more that couple of games if you have saason tickets ? I read that somewhere also but i can't believe that that can be true.
Not true, club don’t care if you attend one game a year, makes no difference to them.

What you can’t do is skip paying for 2 cup games in a season.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Basically, they're arguing I'm touting tickets because I have transferred tickets in other peoples names over the last few years. They can't believe I've done this mostly helping out fans mostly from abroad on this website. Not even refunding the cost of remaining games.
I can still go to games with tickets from friends, but I'm boycotting the club as a matter of principle. I'm not sure how long I'll keep my self from attending. If anything I've given away tickets for free to many fans.

Oh, well!
I definitely think Donald Trump has had a hand in this.

Sucks that though, Sultan. Can you not get someone else to buy them for you and reimburse them?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Absolutely ridiculous, Sults has helped me out on a few occasions with no hassle and is helping United fans all over the world make a dream trip to OT. United need to behave, there are people selling tickets literally outside the ground on matchdays for stupid prices and they decide to punish a life long fan that's had a season ticket for ages.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I definitely think Donald Trump has had a hand in this.

Sucks that though, Sultan. Can you not get someone else to buy them for you and reimburse them?
That's what most banned season ticket holders to get back. Touts do exactly same.

hp88

Absolute madness @Sultan considering they had touts blatantly offering tickets outside the ground yesterday. If you or your family ever feel the urge to go drop me message and I will sort you out.

(F.A.O Ticket Office: I will not be charging him for the ticket :))

Sultan

Absolute madness @Sultan considering they had touts blatantly offering tickets outside the ground yesterday. If you or your family ever feel the urge to go drop me message and I will sort you out.

(F.A.O Ticket Office: I will not be charging him for the ticket :))
:lol:

Thanks! I have access to tickets from friends. Just don't feel like going at the moment.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
:lol:

Thanks! I have access to tickets from friends. Just don't feel like going at the moment.
Just out of interest, did you make any progess with the club? did you try and contact MUST etc for help? would be good to know how this plays out as others could easily end up in the same unfair situation

I have heard cases of people who had tickets taken away like you but managed to get them back on appeal

Sultan

Just out of interest, did you make any progess with the club? did you try and contact MUST etc for help? would be good to know how this plays out as others could easily end up in the same unfair situation

I have heard cases of people who had tickets taken away like you but managed to get them back on appeal
My appeal was unsuccessful. Basically, they accuse me of selling tickets. I asked for any proof and the answer was they were not in a position to give out this information.

philipos

That's disgraceful and must be questionable from a legal perspective. Surely they can't not supply you with a product that you have paid for (and not give you a refund) without providing clear evidence that you have breached the terms and conditions of the sale.

Are there any consumer lawyers out there who can comment on the legal position?

Reactions: Penna

Sultan

That's disgraceful and must be questionable from a legal perspective. Surely they can't not supply you with a product that you have paid for (and not give you a refund) without providing clear evidence that you have breached the terms and conditions of the sale.

Are there any consumer lawyers out there who can comment on the legal position?
I have breached the clubs terms and conditions by passing on tickets to friends and family.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Bad news man. Further evidence though, if needed, that the club we love couldn't give a shit really.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
My appeal was unsuccessful. Basically, they accuse me of selling tickets. I asked for any proof and the answer was they were not in a position to give out this information.
Did you contact MUST/IMUSA for advice? They could help if you wanted and I can put you directly in touch with someone if you need

Sultan

Did you contact MUST/IMUSA for advice? They could help if you wanted and I can put you directly in touch with someone if you need
I'm awaiting their response from the messages we have sent from myself and members on here before I proceed further. I may go down the legal route if I can be bothered.

philipos

I thought that the terms and conditions specifically allow you to pass tickets to friends and family. Natural justice should require them to provide you with evidence if they think you have acted outside the Ts&Cs.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I thought that the terms and conditions specifically allow you to pass tickets to friends and family. Natural justice should require them to provide you with evidence if they think you have acted outside the Ts&Cs.
It's that challenge to the definition of friendship. A lot of the people Sultan helped out were posters on here, particularly ones travelling from abroad to their first ever match. To me, that's an act of friendship.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's that challenge to the definition of friendship. A lot of the people Sultan helped out were posters on here, particularly ones travelling from abroad to their first ever match. To me, that's an act of friendship.
Absolute. It's fecking sad really.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
They are possibly keeping security issues behind the official touting reason imho?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
If you did not receive a cease and desist notification, it could be argued that the club have not given you the opportunity to stop the infringement, or to clarify your position to them.
This is not the way to conduct business, in any organisation.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, was there a warning?

Zlatattack

I'm awaiting their response from the messages we have sent from myself and members on here before I proceed further. I may go down the legal route if I can be bothered.
I would. It's one thing to cancel the ticket, but the disrespect is another.

Viral United

@Sultan
I don't know how its works in UK but I would suggest you should try with legal root, here we call it 'Consumer Court'.
The big corporate company (And I hate to say Manchester United is one of them) always try to Milk situation, because they know people like us will move on without fight.
Once you give them legal notice they will at least gives you evidence they have or will give your money back or will sit with you in table for talk.
You buy their service and they are due to provide you service it's not other way around, if they fail to provide you service then they should give you refund.
But you have to fight for it, and I think you should do it, after 40 years of support they can't throw you out like this.

Sultan

Yeah thats what I was thinking, was there a warning?
I've had a few warnings in the past for passing on tickets. They've never proved I have sold them at a profit. The worst was when a person with a touted ticked was sat in my seat by mistake and my seat ticket checked prior to game. He had paid someone £300.00. My ticket was banned. Fortunately, I had a few photos of the game which proved I was at the game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But if the stadium is full and you can't get a ticket then I can't see the problem in that a ST holder gives his seat for someone to make their dream come true.
And the person Sults gives his ticket to is likely to spend money in the Megastore etc that Sults wouldn't as he has been there so many times before.
They are possibly keeping security issues behind the official touting reason imho?
Jo said this:

The club are currently letting any member buy 6 tickets for the CSKA game.
So the security issues reasoning kinda falls apart there.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
See now. If some of you guys weren’t busy making sexist jokes at female journos who came on here and scaring them away as we could do with their help now.
The Guardian journalist or Hayley McQueen would have been useful but from what Sults has posted there is nothing that could be done unless it somehow turned out that Sults is a distant relation to Woodward or someone close to the club.

Thepinhead

And the person Sults gives his ticket to is likely to spend money in the Megastore etc that Sults wouldn't as he has been there so many times before.
My thoughts exactly. I guess they have their reasons and these things are a consequense of when your club becomes big and succesful, sadly.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Apologies for the bump, but I didn't know where else to post this.

So a friend kindly gave me his 2 season tickets for the Watford game on Saturday and has received an email today from the club saying that both of his season tickets have been suspended due to complaints.

At first I thought it was an April Fools joke, but apparently not...

The email says that it was due to our behaviour. I am honestly so confused about what this could possibly be about, there were no problems at all. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Has this kind of thing happened to anyone before? Is it possible it's a simple mistake? Do they think my friend is touting?

Even though I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, I feel terrible about it as my friend was doing me a favour by giving me the tickets in the first place.

EDIT: Sorry, it turns out this was a April Fools prank after all. The bastard even went to the trouble of creating a fake email which totally convinced me too (screenshot below)!

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They should at least tell you what the complaints are.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Apologies for the bump, but I didn't know where else to post this.

So a friend kindly gave me his 2 season tickets for the Watford game on Saturday and has received an email today from the club saying that both of his season tickets have been suspended due to complaints.

At first I thought it was an April Fools joke, but apparently not...

The email says that it was due to our behaviour. I am honestly so confused about what this could possibly be about, there were no problems at all. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Has this kind of thing happened to anyone before? Is it possible it's a simple mistake? Do they think my friend is touting?

Even though I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, I feel terrible about it as my friend was doing me a favour by giving me the tickets in the first place.
I have no idea why you think pissing on a seat is acceptable.