United Kits 23/24

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Glad the collar has gone anyway. Who was the last club to win the Premier league with a collar? Us?

izec

Can’t believe everyone hates the stripy away shirt!

I think it’s fecking cool as feck :lol:

Genuinely love it! Is anyone with me…? Anyone!?
Better than the white one, which is just bland. Could be for any side with red and white. The home kit is still the best one.

But i like the green, think it will grow on a lot of people. The red pinstripes are a game changer and make the kit special.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Christ I’m getting 7-0 flashbacks looking at that third kit. I can’t remember the last new kit I actually liked though, 2007 probably.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm pretty sure my parents had a room in the house decorated with either wallpaper or curtains like the away kit in the 90s. Has that kinda vibe, the 90's were either amazing or completely horrendous with nothing inbetween and that isn't amazing so...

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Those are all great, the away shirt is a future classic that will be in demand.

United fans routinely hate every shirt that comes out, this entire forum hated the 06/07 when it first come out (it's the wrong red, the sponsor is too big) the 07-09 shirts were hated on here as well (wtf is that stripe down the back??!!) Both are now regarded as classics.

STYLOISRED

When you release 3 new kits a year, I'm happy with one being a bit out there and different. It will always be hit and miss, you'll always get some people who love it and some who hate it.

Fashion is more important than ever in football kits, and a lot of you old boys won't like it, but that green top is the type of top a non-fan would buy just to wear.

I always look at a European top to buy as a 5-a-side top and that's the type of top other Europeans will do the same to too. Similar to the zebra one, the pink one and the light blue and white one recently.

Edit: that third kit is very Qatari isn't it. And Liverpooly, don't forget Liverpooly.
True on the bolded. I have seen non fans actually saying they like the away kit.

Kopral Jono

Home kit awful, green striped away kit gorgeous, white third kit meh. A mixed bag.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Those are all great, the away shirt is a future classic that will be in demand.

United fans routinely hate every shirt that comes out, this entire forum hated the 06/07 when it first come out (it's the wrong red, the sponsor is too big) the 07-09 shirts were hated on here as well (wtf is that stripe down the back??!!) Both are now regarded as classics.
Because we were successful in them. If we win the CL wearing that hideous away shirt it will be considered a classic. It does look like shit though.

RepardReece

Intern definitely made that second kit. Really really bad.

Home and third however, I really like. Would be a lovely lineup if not for newcastle 2.0

Kopral Jono

I'm with you. It's absolutely amazing -- bears all the hallmarks of a future classic. White third kit, I don't know if you'll agree with me on this, while it looks meh for me initially upon further observation that 1991 CWC collar throwback is a very nice touch.

Rolaholic

True on the bolded. I have seen non fans actually saying they like the away kit.
My City fan mate absolutely loves the away :lol:

I think it's a strong set and Adidas have done a great job with our home kits in recent years. Big fan of the 3rd even with all the Liverpool related moaning about it, very clean and simple.

Think the away needs to grow on me a bit but I like that they've tried something different

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Don't mind the green thing. In that Malacia pic it looks more like a retro Palmeiras kit or something, rather than Newcastle or whatever people have been saying.

Home one has shades of a less baggy version of the 2002ish Vodafone sponsored one.

decorativeed

The green one from this season is the worst we’ve ever had imo
It is awful. We've definitely disproportionately had a lot of our worst ever kits in this Adidas era. That grey one with the statue on it was also dreadful.

Brightonian

I like it too. Bit '90s somehow. Not surprised that others don't, it's a bit of a wildcard and the more unusual the choices the more people tend to mouth off about the shirt.

The reason, as so many have said, that 'kids on twitter come up with better designs than the actual Adidas team' is because the kids on Twitter are just designing neat modelled images, not actual shirts. Notice how the twitter mock-ups never look like they're actually hanging on a real human body. Of course they look mint, lined up like military hardware in a video game. What looks good like that is rarely what looks good on a footballer's back.

I suspect the away kid will look tidy when worn by the players. Malacia looks good in it there.

Todd

The colours of the shirt are meant to represent the colours of the club. Red, white and black. Our away shirts have traditionally been white, or at least based on being white, and the third colour usually dark blue or in the more recent era black. You have a bit more creative licence with the third kit, for better or worse.

One of the reasons last seasons away kit was so unpopular is that lime green has nothing to do with Manchester United. It was an eyesore. But it looks amazing compared to.....that. That's a league two kit. Our kits in the last decade have mainly been awful.
I appreciate this, and everyone is obviously free to either love or hate these kits.

But in the past decade or so, it seems like there's been a pretty big movement to in football to start introducing kits that break the mold. Nothing is sacred when it comes to colors anymore, expect the home shirts. Consider some of the stuff we've had just since we went back to Adidas:

15/16 third was black with orange trim. Not to mention, the away kit was white with red accents, with only the very smallest trace of black through the red collar, barely noticeable.

16/17 third was white with dark gray, no red or black anywhere

17/18 third was an even uglier light gray with dark gray accents, no red or black anywhere

18/19 away was pink. Need I say more?

19/20 we had an absolutely banger of a home kit, yet away and third kits that were ugly as sin, both with either non-traditional main color or accent

And we've already discussed this year's toxic green kit, obviously one of the worst and most perplexing United kits ever.

I guess my point is, in modern football it seems we must resign ourselves to the club having kits that don't look like Manchester United kits on a fairly regular basis...and if that's going to be the case, at least now they've made some non-traditional kits that actually look good.

If it were up to me, we'd go back to Nike, recreate all three kits from the 08/09 season, and just use those every season from here on out, because we'll never have a season of kits that can match how class we looked in those. But that's not happening.

At any rate, this might actually be the first time since we've gone to Adidas that I might actually buy a kit. I love all three of them, might do a Beckham home, a Cantona away, and a Rooney third.

nmm85

I'd say easily the best set of shirts we've had. We usually have some dross shirt. Home shirt looks good, other 2 think could look great on.

mintyred

I wonder if people get in trouble for leaking or if it’s done intentionally for marketing purposes. Seems like it’s the marketing department themselves that always spread the leaks.

Nick7

It is awful. We've definitely disproportionately had a lot of our worst ever kits in this Adidas era. That grey one with the statue on it was also dreadful.
That’s certainly up there for worst ever, yeah. Adidas era has been strange. We’ve had some jerseys that would have been classics if we had won something big in them and some that are the worst of the worst. The blue and yellow third jersey from a couple of years ago was bad too.

redzombie

the home & away kits look great (I dont mind the new badge on the white kit), not so keen on the green one though

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I remember a season Liverpool had an off white away kit and green third…is someone taking the piss :houllier:

Red Rash

The kits look nice. Only criticism would be the white kit should be the away kit and the green one the third kit. Even then I don't hate the third kit, I think it looks pretty decent and is something a bit different.

redzombie

The kits look nice. Only criticism would be the white kit should be the away kit and the green one the third kit. Even then I don't hate the third kit, I think it looks pretty decent and is something a bit different.
its not? (thought the white kit was the away) that's disappointing

JB7

If it were up to me, we'd go back to Nike, recreate all three kits from the 08/09 season, and just use those every season from here on out, because we'll never have a season of kits that can match how class we looked in those. But that's not happening.
86/87 was the season to end all seasons of United kits:

Interestingly check the home & away shorts for a little detail people seem to be upset about on next years kit.

tentan

Poor man's poster.

Interestingly check the home & away shorts for a little detail people seem to be upset about on next years kit.
C'mon Adidas make this happen

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Yeah but the shirts here have the crest and the new one doesn't, which IMO is a disgrace and no

Yeah but the shirts here have the crest and the new one doesn't, which IMO is a disgrace and no wonder folks are upset

JB7

Yeah but the shirts here have the crest and the new one doesn't, which IMO is a disgrace and no wonder folks are upset
Each to their own. The badge being monochromed to match a kit used to annoy me but we kept doing that year in year out, I don't really see any difference between that and just using the devil at this point, as long as it stays on third kit anyway - it's not like people like the current badge either.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson

Agreed. 3 absolute crackers that would probably lead to record sales. That white one was the 1st kit I ever had.

MyBloodIsRed

we basically had that first year of adidas... home and away... the third kit was the black with orangish trim.

I agree though we should stick to this color set up. Home red, Away white, third royal blue.

MyBloodIsRed

But man, you look at shirt history and what a difference it makes having a sponsor that can be white or one color. the Chevy was such an eye sore and disgraceful we allowed it to be on our kit..

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
They all look pretty nice now that we've seen what they really look like, IMO. Will probably get the authentic fit version of the home, but only if the Glazers have sold the club by then.

flameinthesun

Not going to lie......I kind of like the green kit....actually think all 3 are nice. Much better than the lime green abomination we just had