United Kits 23/24

Todd

It's time we had a black away kit that's what I'm hoping for, ideally a black out kit.
You would think that United couldn't go wrong with a black kit, but then again Adidas often wind up ruining our black kits by adding ridiculous accent colors like orange.

Nike made proper black kits for us (07/08 away, 09/10 away were both mint).

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
You would think that United couldn't go wrong with a black kit, but then again Adidas often wind up ruining our black kits by adding ridiculous accent colors like orange.

Nike made proper black kits for us (07/08 away, 09/10 away were both mint).
17/18 would've been a classic had it not had the Chevrolet logo plastered allover it.

decorativeed

Can't be long now before the new kits get revealed, right?

I'm so sick of the yearly Adidas template kits that every big club share. Wish we'd go back to Nike.
Yes, because Nike would never give all their teams the same template. They don't have a decade of evidence to the contrary.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't be long now before the new kits get revealed, right?

I'm so sick of the yearly Adidas template kits that every big club share. Wish we'd go back to Nike.
None of our last 3 templates have been shared by another club.

diarm

Still can't get over how bad this season's away kit is in replica vs authentic. Feels like the first time there has been a clear gulf between then. Even the home kit this season, looks shoddier in replica vs authentic. Not seen a third kit in authentic to compare, but the replica looks good still.

I wonder if this will be a trend. In previous years, there's been so little difference in terms of asthetics. The away in 2021/22 looks fantastic in either.
I was looking at the Dutch and French shirts for the Euros in a store the other day. You have a choice between paying €150 for a football shirt or €100 for a t-shirt with a crest on it.

Gregawa

For some reason I can only imagine Juan Mata in the away kit there.

Todd

None of our last 3 templates have been shared by another club.
What are you talking about? All three EPL clubs that use Adidas (United, Fulham, Forest) are using the exact same template for their home kits this season. Three stripes on the shoulders and the stupid rectangle under the arms with the line down the seam.

And every other big Adidas club around the world are using that template as well. Madrid, Roma, Juventus, Bayern, etc.

Bubz27

What are you talking about? All three EPL clubs that use Adidas (United, Fulham, Forest) are using the exact same template for their home kits this season. Three stripes on the shoulders and the stupid rectangle under the arms with the line down the seam.

And every other big Adidas club around the world are using that template as well. Madrid, Roma, Juventus, Bayern, etc.
Forest have a round neck, Fulham have buttons and we have a kind of v-neck. Hate to break it to you but Adidas kits 99% of the time have stripes on the sleeves.

A template would be the exact same with colour differences. That is simply not the case.

Last season no one had a collar like us.
Season before, no one had a simple round neck and ringed sleeves. Some similar, but not the same.

Add in the fact our 3rd is usually quite out there, there's quite a bit of variation.

Todd

Forest have a round neck, Fulham have buttons and we have a kind of v-neck. Hate to break it to you but Adidas kits 99% of the time have stripes on the sleeves.

A template would be the exact same with colour differences. That is simply not the case.

Last season no one had a collar like us.
Season before, no one had a simple round neck and ringed sleeves. Some similar, but not the same.

Add in the fact our 3rd is usually quite out there, there's quite a bit of variation.
Yes, there are subtle changes for each team but the template of the year stays the same- the current template being that business under the arms and down the side.

And beginning with the Euros this summer and moving into the new club seasons, you'll see their new template being repeated many times over. Just very boring.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I often think people tend to overreact to leaked kits. They often look a lot better in official photographs and on the players, but those two kits are genuinely terrible for different reasons.

decorativeed

Yes, there are subtle changes for each team but the template of the year stays the same- the current template being that business under the arms and down the side.

And beginning with the Euros this summer and moving into the new club seasons, you'll see their new template being repeated many times over. Just very boring.
You're not far wrong, but the idea that Nike don't do the exact same thing is nuts. As is the idea that there's even the mathematical possibly that after 160 years of football, every team can have three different, unique shirt designs every season. Templates are always going to be a thing, just as they always have been.

Todd

You're not far wrong, but the idea that Nike don't do the exact same thing is nuts. As is the idea that there's even the mathematical possibly that after 160 years of football, every team can have three different, unique shirt designs every season. Templates are always going to be a thing, just as they always have been.
That's the thing, though...clubs don't need three new kits every season. It's actually pretty ridiculous that clubs do three new kits every season, and the only reason they do is pure capitalist greed.

You don't see this in any other major sport. Most sports teams keep their primary uniforms the same for at least a decade, with most of them keeping them the same for 20 or 30 years.

Bubz27

Unfortunately it's as different as things get nowadays. At least we usually get a standout feature. The pattern on the shirt this year, the collar and 'pinstripes' last year. It's not just a copy+paste and change colours.

decorativeed

That's the thing, though...clubs don't need three new kits every season. It's actually pretty ridiculous that clubs do three new kits every season, and the only reason they do is pure capitalist greed.

You don't see this in any other major sport. Most sports teams keep their primary uniforms the same for at least a decade, with most of them keeping them the same for 20 or 30 years.
I know, and I agree. I think it's awful. But even when we had the same shirts for the best part of a decade they were templates and practically every other team in the league was wearing the same ones. United and Liverpool wore the exact same shirts made by the same company. And they were the same as the ones worn by Crewe and Wrexham. And nobody cared.