United players upset at criticism, didums

Jackal981

From those articles, it is safe to assume that few of our players read this forum. Hello guys !

atkar83

Lingard and Shaw.

Lingard's dad is acting as his agent now after Raiola dumped him. Shaw is definitely the sort of wimp to get his family to write to journos.
I don't think its Lingard. I listen to the MEN podcast (which Luckhurst appears in most of the time) and pretty much all of them have been saying Lingard should be playing more since he did quite well early in the season. So no real negativity to speak of, this season especially.

The only players consistently criticized especially of late are Martial, Sancho (for his slow start, but moreso about how Ole is using him and the point of signing him), Pogba (no role for him and he's been in poor form), Maguire (terrible form other than for England), Shaw (terrible form since Euros) & Wan-Bisaka (inconsistency & lack of attacking improvement). Beyond that I can't say they've been picking on anyone in particular.

Tyrion

Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News claims that some family members of Manchester United players have been in touch with him to complain about negative coverage of the players in question.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ed-players-complain-about-media-coverage/amp/

Not at all surprising.. mentally weak team can’t handle criticism shocker. Maguire and Bruno are two players who’ve come out whinging over criticism over the past year. That’s our captain and best player… which speaks volumes.
Wondering who these players are who’s family members are crying to the press….
Numerous players constantly apologising through that media relations wanker after every embarrassing defeat.
Do our players have no shame ? At all? Seriously ?
I don't care how they talk in interviews after matches and I don't care if they block some bitchy journalist on twitter.

I did like how he contrasts the modern player with that icon of toughness from yesteryear in Ruud van Nilsterooy. :lol:

Gazza

Lingard's brother has been vocal on social media lately

During City's 2-0 win at OT

M16Red

From those articles, it is safe to assume that few of our players read this forum. Hello guys !
Or the media team.

You bunch of little wimps! Tiny little testicles the lot of you, more into looking like a footballer than actually winning the titles and making the name for themselves.

They probably think they've made it being at Utd - just remember no one remembers 2nd place. Bellends.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Precious fans whinging about news reports players are upset. FFS what has the CAF turned into??? RAWK???
I wonder what the next drama queen tread will be?

Dante

Average bang
Isn't the purpose of abuse to hurt the players' confidence, upset their families, and make them play worse on pitch?

By the sounds of it, United's fanbase is achieving exactly what they set out to do.

Jackal981

Or the media team.

You bunch of little wimps! Tiny little testicles the lot of you, more into looking like a footballer than actually winning the titles and making the name for themselves.

They probably think they've made it being at Utd - just remember no one remembers 2nd place. Bellends.
If you guys read this, remember that 2nd place is the number 1 loser. Especially our great captain who celebrates vs random minnow like he just won the Champions League and World Cup. Just shut the feck up put your head down and grind. None of this whining butthurt crap. Mentally weak no wonder we always choke at crucial moments. Ronaldo use his criticism and immense pressure after 2006 incident to reach next level, instead our players now busy harassing media member who criticise them. Laughable.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Isn't the purpose of abuse to hurt the players' confidence, upset their families, and make them play worse on pitch?

By the sounds of it, United's fanbase is achieving exactly what they set out to do.
They should get the feck off Twitter, Instagram and forums then. That's the only place the vitriol is coming from, isn't it? It's easily avoided.

The pitch isn't easily avoided and the match-going fans treat the players with the most delicate, gentle gloves. Being absolutely fisted at home against our biggest rivals only brought a small smattering of boos and the away fans will cheer them into the relegation zone.

"Ah, but @MUFC_Mark1982 calls me shit." Spare me.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Entering a critical part of the season we're risking having about half the squad out injured with bruised egos, we need to reign in the criticism and focus on the positives to support the team.

I'll get the ball rolling.....

I, for one, am a huge fan of Maguires massive head.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Psychologists can argue that its just how milenial works especially those coming from a respected family. Their fam overly protect them. Its much different than Roy Keane whose parents used to visit school by riding a bicycle through rivers and crocodiles, their traits rub off to their children. Nowadays parents be like "ooh internet is off? poor baby cant watch youtube!!!".

Merlin 1975-78

For the fringe player I might understand this. If it is someone who feels mismanaged and is not given any chances by Ole I can fully understand a reaction like: "Why are you criticising me? I give it all during training sessions and I am not even allowed to play?"

For a regular player who can be criticised for what he is doing on the pitch, it is a different thing. If you get criticism for your actual performance you have to live with it.
Im inclined too agree with you there, as your absolutly right!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Psychologists can argue that its just how milenial works especially those coming from a respected family. Their fam overly protect them. Its much different than Roy Keane whose parents used to visit school by riding a bicycle through rivers and crocodiles, their traits rub off to their children. Nowadays parents be like "ooh internet is off? poor baby cant watch youtube!!!".
Why, hello boomer. I see a lot of crying for someone who lectures snowflakes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why, hello boomer. I see a lot of crying for someone who lectures snowflakes.
I'm a milenial and even I agree Roy Keane is a hard man while Maguire is just trying to look hard. Maguire : "I proved all of you wrong, I don't care about the haters". Maguire's little heart : "Oh my god I'm shaking, these people are so mean to me :("

Smores

The prominent player is most likely Maguire given how much his family seem to enjoy mouthing off on Twitter. I'd hope he finds it a bit embarrassing but his celebration perhaps says otherwise.

If criticism stirs a bit of fight in some of our players good. It's not the will to prove others wrong that's the concern, it's that some don't seem particularly angry at their own mistakes when they should be raging.

Daengophile

Give me 11 people who will fight for every match, every point, every second of possession, every goal and a clean sheet every match.

I've lost interest in these soft-skinned, overpaid prima donnas who should ply their trade washing the jock straps of those who know how to put in a shift

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Prima donnas existed in every generation. Roy Keane walked out of Ireland's World cup training camp and had a meltdown in a training camp with United because the villas provided by the club didn't had air conditioners. Similar antics were witnessed by the likes of Paul Ince (who costed us an FA final because he decided that he was an AM) and Beckham (who brought his kids to training because Spicey had commitments elsewhere), not to forget Andy Cole who spent years not talking to Teddy because he didn't hug him and kissed him when Coley replaced him during an England game.

The differences between then and now is that.

a- we had a manager with the reputation and the experience needed to handle this pressure.
b- United was geared to success back then. Nowadays its all about giving jobs for the boys and making profit
c- This side is filled with overpaid players who are clearly not good enough and see United as their lottery winning ticket. If they are fount out then the only way for them is down. A top player can be motivated to success. Unfortunately when talent is clearly lacking there's not much they can do about it. So the only option left for these players is to fall defensive and fight tooth and nail not to be dragged out of the club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't think it's Pogba, Pogba's been getting cooked by the media since he's joined and never done something like this, he's not gonna start now.

Defo Maguire and Mctominay is my bet, you know what type of person Maguire is when you read about what he said in regards to that incident in Greece.
I feel like he's the only player we can be sure it's not him :lol:

minoo-utd

Huge gaps between manager, players and fans. Always disliked if players moaning and can not handle pressure, specially after what happened last few weeks. Soft.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

Giggsyking

Ole has been shredded in virtually every national media outlet for weeks now, with the BBC particularly virulent. It's bollocks they're going soft on him just because the official press conferences are tame.
No he has not. His friends Gary and co are vomiting bile on the players day and night but never have the audacity to criticize a manager who is not on the level of Manchester united to begin with.

AndySmith1990

They should understand that criticism is part and parcel of living their privileged lives as millionaire footballers. As long as the criticism remains on a professional level then I have zero sympathy. They're on the pitch to not only try to win, but to entertain the audience.

Some of the lazy and mentality fragile lot we've had at our club in recent years would've been thrown to the lions centuries ago. They should be thankful the worst they have to deal with these days are some tweets...somethimg they could easily avoid by not using in the first place.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
No he has not. His friends Gary and co are vomiting bile on the players day and night but never have the audacity to criticize a manager who is not on the level of Manchester united to begin with.
I'm talking the BBC, Times, Telegraph etc...not whatever Nev is spouting on Sky. Let's face it, the national press gave Ole a fair crack of the whip, but he was never seen as more than a fanciful appointment and certainly never considered a viable long-term option or anywhere near elite.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who are these 'Co'? Does it include Scholes, Rio?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Honestly most Manchester United fans can't give a feck about his record with England although most of us acknowledge that scoring goals against the likes of Poland, Hungary, Albania and San Marino is hard work.

I guess next time he shouldn't bother score when he gets a chance then!

I'd say scoring against the team's he has, Poland, Ukraine, Hungary and Ireland is pretty decent really, and nothing to be scoffed at.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

I'd say scoring against the team's he has, Poland, Ukraine, Hungary and Ireland is pretty decent really, and nothing to be scoffed at.
Of course it's decent but for a CB that is just a bonus. Keep a clean sheet and score a goal on top? That is great and can be celebrated. Make regularly terrible mistakes and score a goal? Focus on your main job, dude, you won't always be able to correct your mistake yourself. Maybe except you are Sergio Ramos :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

United fans only care about performances with Manchester United. We would gladly swap a CL win for 50 England goals against mighty San Marino

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with constructive criticism, Luckhurst isn’t that though. The points probably still stand and the players deserved to be criticised, but Luckhurst is unbearable.
I think this has always been the case. Players need constructive criticism and thats true of today's team. Unfortunately comments like 'you're shit" and "I hope Ole dies in a plane crash on his way back to Norway" are hardly constructive and incredibly personal to the player and their family. And there are loads of examples even on this forum with Maguire, Shaw and especially McTominay and Fred.

Some of the comments on platforms such as this are hugely ironic.

Firstly, some of the abuse and vitriol players get from the media and through social media comments are truly horrendous. They are encouraged and want to interact with fans but the minute they do they they are slaughtered. Secondly, it's rarely one comment. People like Luckhurst, some of the fan channels and others clearly have agendas and they go after players for clicks/likes. It's never just one comment or article...it's every day...day after day. If I was a player I'd never go near social media. Why would I put myself and family through that?

Then people say they are soft. Seriously?

You have posters, even on here, can't handle a defeat and go on about it incessantly...I understand an emotional vent straight after a game...we all have those. But weeks later? Surely fans who keep moaning about the same things and can't handle poor performances as part of football life are being 100% hypocritical.

A lot of people need to look in the mirror...grown adults most of them.

Mickson

I haven't read anything, I just came here to say that Luckhurst is a tool and is the one who is most easily offended.

redIndianDevil

I side with the players in this instance, the media had the gall to go after Cristiano fecking Ronaldo, accusing him of not doing enough running around like a headless chicken, imagine how harsh it would be for the lesser players. And it's not like we have tactical genius coach at the helm leading these lesser players.

Rusholme Ruffian

I'm talking the BBC, Times, Telegraph etc...not whatever Nev is spouting on Sky. Let's face it, the national press gave Ole a fair crack of the whip, but he was never seen as more than a fanciful appointment and certainly never considered a viable long-term option or anywhere near elite.
But what's wrong with that?! They were absolutely bang on. Everyone in the world could see it apart from delusional United fans.

Jippy

Staff
But what's wrong with that?! They were absolutely bang on. Everyone in the world could see it apart from delusional United fans.
Absolutely nothing is wrong with that- we are massively underperforming and questions should be asked. I'm just saying loads of people here are blinded by their bias and have convinced themselves that the papers all fawn over Ole, taking it easy on him. I'm just saying there has been stacks written absolutely slating his management for some time across multiple national media outlets. Plus he's never been taken seriously as a long-term manager here.

Rusholme Ruffian

Absolutely nothing is wrong with that- we are massively underperforming and questions should be asked. I'm just saying loads of people here are blinded by their bias and have convinced themselves that the papers all fawn over Ole, taking it easy on him. I'm just saying there has been stacks written absolutely slating his management for some time across multiple national media outlets. Plus he's never been taken seriously as a long-term manager here.
When you talk about people here being 'blinded by their bias' you realise that you are talking about United fans - the vast majority of whom held (and probably most still do) Ole Solsjkaer as a legend of the club? They (we) are the last group of people that are 'blinded by bias' against Ole! There is no bias against Ole from 99.9% of United fans, just a realisation that he is not - and never has been - good enough for the manager of a club of our size, history and resources, and an intense frustration at the board and owners of the club.

He's never been taken seriously as a long-term manager here because a) he does not, and never did have, the credentials to be managing at this level, and b) because the whole world could see that he was an almost accidental appointment due to massively overachieving in that initial run of games as caretaker. That is an absolutely fair and expected position for the press to take. In addition to that he has spent the most money in the PL, showed little to no tactical acumen, a poor use of the squad, and has £100 million of first team signings rotting on the bench. Any criticism he has received from the press is at the very least proportional, but given how the club PR dept vet his press conference questions in a way that I don't remember happening under Jose and LVG, and how many former teammates he has had sticking up for him in influential positions in the media, then I definitely think there is a strong argument that he's had it a heck of a lot easier than many other managers would have done.

Jippy

Staff
When you talk about people here being 'blinded by their bias' you realise that you are talking about United fans - the vast majority of whom held (and probably most still do) Ole Solsjkaer as a legend of the club? They (we) are the last group of people that are 'blinded by bias' against Ole! There is no bias against Ole from 99.9% of United fans, just a realisation that he is not - and never has been - good enough for the manager of a club of our size, history and resources, and an intense frustration at the board and owners of the club.

He's never been taken seriously as a long-term manager here because a) he does not, and never did have, the credentials to be managing at this level, and b) because the whole world could see that he was an almost accidental appointment due to massively overachieving in that initial run of games as caretaker. That is an absolutely fair and expected position for the press to take. In addition to that he has spent the most money in the PL, showed little to no tactical acumen, a poor use of the squad, and has £100 million of first team signings rotting on the bench. Any criticism he has received from the press is at the very least proportional, but given how the club PR dept vet his press conference questions in a way that I don't remember happening under Jose and LVG, and how many former teammates he has had sticking up for him in influential positions in the media, then I definitely think there is a strong argument that he's had it a heck of a lot easier than many other managers would have done.
You're arguing a different point to the one I made. I'm not defending Ole. I said he has had a lot of criticism in the press, despite many feeling he hasn't. A few examples- bottom few from 2019.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ctical-shortcomings-manchester-united-1219144
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ited-lack-chutzpah-sack-ole-gunnar-solskjaer/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...trapped-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-boom-bust-cycle/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sampil...of-time-at-manchester-united/?sh=2a33d66b493a
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58942621
https://scroll.in/field/938190/prem...jaer-as-manchester-uniteds-struggles-continue
https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-dont...doing-jenas-blasts/1wt1qh0sc0qu21wjk2bzsm2g0n
https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/manc...-of-solskjaer-is-a-warning-to-all-other-clubs

Jippy

Staff
I'm not sure anyone's arguing that he hasn't had any criticism, just that any criticism he has had has been deserved, and that he's had rather less of it than a lot of other managers would have had.
It's a pointless argument, but I've seen dozens of posts moaning that papers take it easy on him. I'm not sure that's the case, the papers more look at United with bemusement, periodically tripping into amusement, at how badly the club is run.
You could equally argue Lampard got 'rather less' criticism than others would've - I can't remember him being shredded much. If it is the case, maybe it is in part cos they're not cnuts like say Jose or the fact no-one expected them to be that great. Ole failing to win a trophy is hardly the headline news Pep or Klopp not winning anything would be.

Whatever, even if the tactics are shite, the players have to take some responsibility for the woeful individual mistakes we've seen recently.