Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Or people who don't like strikers who either fall over or lose the ball every time he receives it. I've only ever seen Welbeck play well when the rest of the team is. He's not a match winner in any sense. Hernandez can be.
:lol:
Precisely my point. It's like people can't separate the two issues.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Chicarito and Welbeck would be a brilliant partnership. Neither alone are world class , but both combined would be perfect for United.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Another controversial one here, but perhaps there will be one or two other people who agree with me:

I think that Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young have not been very productive for the past couple of seasons. I don't think that they are on the same level as players like Hazard, Bale, Ozil, Silva etc.

That might be an unpopular opinion but that's me. I'm not afraid to ruffle some feathers, I call it as I see it. I'm a mother fcuking bad ass and I'm not going to apologize if my radical, non-conformist attitude frightens you. Bitch.

Someone

Something
I think Arry would've done a better job than moyes, he would've bough at least 8 central midfielders.

Mad Winger

1. We'd be better off playing Mata or Kagawa in the AM role on a consistent basis. Rooney should primarily play as a targetman, even if it means having him fight it out with RVP.

2. Rooney is a world class striker, but a mediocre playmaker. We have zero chance of developing a fluid and narrow style if he's pulling the strings in centre.

3. We actually played very good and entertaining football last season. In my opinion, it's the best football we've played since Ronaldo left in '09.

4. Based on a combination of talent, future promise and current form, Smalling is our best CB. Maybe even our best defender overall, seeing as Rafael still is injury prone and makes incredibly rash decisions in the heat of the moment.

5. Winning the Champions League is overrated. Just look at Porto '03, Liverpool '05 and Chelsea '12, and you realize just how much randomness is involved. Many mediocre teams have managed to reach the top 4, and the referee decisions and small marigins are just too crucial for the tournament to truly decide which team is best. The only reason I want us to win it more than the PL, is because we have so few CL trophies. If we had 2 or 3 more CL trophies, then I'd rate the PL as twice as important.

6. We've become overly harsh on defenders, expecting them to stop everything. I blame the "analyzis generation" for this.

7. Diving is still cüntish and there's no excuse for it.

8. Carrick is both a massive asset and a step in the wrong direction at the same time. He offers nothing going forward, but is world class in the other CM aspects. He'd be perfect sitting back in a midfield three or 4-2-3-1 formation with the other two midfielders being creative and quick. But in a 4-4-2, we become too static when Carrick plays.

Rory 7

Unpopular opinions. Look at what desire and 'wanting it more' does for teams: see Sheff Utd v Fulham just now.

Why aren't United getting late goals anymore? Because these players don't want it more anymore.

Rob Bowman

• Our treatment of young players is inflated for the better, even though very few of our recent "potential" ever ends up the way in which we would like.
This has been bugging me...

How did we so lose the plot with Pogba... :houllier:?

How did we get to the point Zaha was storming out of Carrington because we won't play him or loan him?

What am I missing here :(?

rumac

The only major mistake Moyes has made was not offering Muelensteen the assistant manager job.
This season has shown a large proportion of United fans to be very spoilt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Michael Carrick is quite good. But nothing more. I genuinely think he could be very easily replaced, with someone more dynamic, who has the drive to operate high up the pitch, as well as infront of his own back four. I think we hugely talk-up how good he is, purely because he is the shining light in our godawful midfield.

He is good, but largely limited. But we are also fcuked without him, because all our other midfielders are very poor.
Agree with this.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I would sell Cleverley and Welbeck if decent offers came in, they're only playing because of the home grown thing.

Many people pick Jaap Stam in their all time teams, I would pick Bruce, Pallister, Ferdinand and Vidic ahead of him.

Ashley Young isn't as bad as made out to be, even if he does dive.

Valencia actually can use his left foot.

Phil Jones is over-rated and clumsy, but can get better still.

Tim Howard was not a good keeper for us, half a season maybe.

I'd say Obertan was much worse than the likes of Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Bebe.

Not really been impressed by Kagawa much and don't see what all the fuss is about

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Cantona is a bit overrated by United fans. We've had quite a few players who were better than him.

Revan

Assumptionman
A very unpopular opinion: I think that Glazers haven't been near as bad as people thought. And while they are still an easy target a lot of critics to them have been unfair. People haven't judged them on what they have done but on what they thought (maybe lead by certain individ/organization opinions) they will do. As of now, I would even go as far as saying that they have been okay/good owners.

RooneyLegend

Cantona is a bit overrated by United fans. We've had quite a few players who were better than him.
Names my friend, names. Only Ronaldo has been better than him in the past two decades at the club, anyone else and you're grasping at straws.

Revan

Assumptionman
Names my friend, names. Only Ronaldo has been better than him in the past two decades at the club, anyone else and you're grasping at straws.
Giggs and Scholes have been more important than him for United. Maybe even Keano and Rooney.

He made the fastest impact from them all though.

RooneyLegend

Here's one. Mata is wasted money, with kagawa and rooney here the money could've been more useful spent elsewhere.

RooneyLegend

Giggs and Scholes have been more important than him for United. Maybe even Keano and Rooney.

He made the fastest impact from them all though.
They really weren't/aren't. He reached a level in the game none of those players have.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Country football is more important then club football(unpopular since most people here are brits who do can't about the national team, or at least that's what it seems like).

Keenst

Country football is more important then club football(unpopular since most people here are brits who do can't about the national team, or at least that's what it seems like).
Last time I went to watch Ireland play England in Wembley we met a few English lads on the street who said they hoped Ireland won. Go figure.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If I was picking a team to play for my life I'd take Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Rooney and Giggs ahead of him. I'd also argue that Rio and Vidic were comparable to Cantona in terms of actual playing level. After all, they were the best CBs in the world at their peak. Cantona had a bigger impact because he was exactly what we needed at exactly the right time, but that doesn't make him a better player necessarily.

This is supposed to be an unpopular opinion though so I expect I'll be in the minority here.

RooneyLegend

Sir alex misspent the ronnie money

Berba should've been gone after his first season and was one of the main reason why our football deteriorated.

We should've kept tevez

We should've kept morrison and pogba

Chabon

Phil Jones is, was and always will be a midfielder.

Signing Robin Van Persie was a mistake.

Danny Welbeck is having an excellent season. Outside of the League Cup, at least.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I think we should stick with Young and Valencia as first choice wingers should we fail to get a top class one in the summer. Oooh that's a controversial one.

Glanville95

I would largely agree with this as an Englishman. Despite not exactly having much to shout about with my national team, nothing comes close to the spectacle, quality and aura of a World Cup.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Sir alex misspent the ronnie money

Berba should've been gone after his first season and was one of the main reason why our football deteriorated.

We should've kept tevez

We should've kept morrison and pogba
Phil Jones is, was and always will be a midfielder.

Signing Robin Van Persie was a mistake.

Danny Welbeck is having an excellent season. Outside of the League Cup, at least.
One of you has got the idea of an unpopular opinion spot on, one of you hasn't. Discuss.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really? Last season was the birth of 'Zombie Football'.
First half of the season was actually quite good for the most part, we were scoring loads but also conceding loads... Fergie switched to the tried and tested version of our play that makes us more secure and more likely to grind out matches which is needed then, because our play in the first half wasn't sustainable because of the defence and midfield. Remember that run at the beginning where we in like the first 13 times we were losing, we came back to win 9 or 10 of those games? It was great to watch but it was a bit of a mess defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.