Update on Rooney's ankle injury.

Rednails

Different ankle this time actually. Might be looking into analysing his stride-pattern, footwear or trying to see if there's any other way of minimising ankle sprains in the future.

To be brutally honest, I reckon they should just get him to cut down on the pies and lose a few kilos!
You are right about the pies! There are photos in one of the gossip mags showing Waynes meals by the pool in Dubai. It was pizza or hot dog every day accompanied by loads of chips, Corona beer and vodka and lemonade. Not the diet of a true professional.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You are right about the pies! There are photos in one of the gossip mags showing Waynes meals by the pool in Dubai. It was pizza or hot dog every accompanied by loads of chips, Corona beer and vodka and lemonade. Not the diet of a true professional.
Nail On Head. Same reason he comes back after every summer looking like the bastard offspring of Mickey Quinn and Michelle McManus

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
No. Our best player.

feck me, people have short memories on here...
Fail to beat Wolves or City and they'll be crying for Rooney to come back and get back on form.

Christ, we win a couple of games and suddenly they think we don't need Rooney anymore. If we want to win the big trophies then we really do need the 2009 version of Rooney back in the team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fail to beat Wolves or City and they'll be crying for Rooney to come back and get back on form.

Christ, we win a couple of games and suddenly they think we don't need Rooney anymore. If we want to win the big trophies then we really do need the 2009 version of Rooney back in the team.
To be fair, it's not about winning games so much as people being angry about the contract negotiations (as well as one or two transfer muppets pissed off he wasn't sold and replaced with some big-name striker from the continent)

I can understand the being pissed off with him bit. It's the re-writing history to try and pretend he wasn't our best and most important player last season that's mental.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hmmm I doubt you siad that this time last year.
Actually check back on my posts and you will find I say it every season, the way he lets himself go in the summer is and always has been a disgrace, its nothing to do with the fact that I now hate him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wayne Rooney is to be sent to America for a week's conditioning work at Nike Town in Portland, Oregon.

Rooney has been suffering from an ankle injury, which has now fully recovered, but he is in need of fitness training to bring him back up to speed for action with United.

But after intense public focus on the Reds no.10 last month, where his future at United went from almost over to secured in an incredible few days that ended with him signing a five-year contract, it was felt that he could focus better in isolation.

"Wayne won't be involved [on Saturday]," United assistant manager Mike Phelan said. "What we're intending to do with Wayne is send him to Nike Town in America for a week's conditioning training.

"We've decided, in consultation with Wayne, our medical team, the manager and the coaching staff that that's that will be the best for Wayne.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was Nike's idea or that they are somehow involved in initiating this ..... great bit of 'active branding' for them highlighting thier technical expertise and moving one of thier star sporting properties away from scandal and back into sporting issues.

Expect lots of photo's of Rooney with high tech equipment and in super athlete poses across the tabloids next week! His journey to redemption begins...

wr8_utd

:'(
To be fair, it's not about winning games so much as people being angry about the contract negotiations (as well as one or two transfer muppets pissed off he wasn't sold and replaced with some big-name striker from the continent)

I can understand the being pissed off with him bit. It's the re-writing history to try and pretend he wasn't our best and most important player last season that's mental.
Ofcourse. He's fat, shite, scouse and has the first touch of a Dirk Kuyt.

That's what you'll be lead to believe anyway.

Lynott

You are right about the pies! There are photos in one of the gossip mags showing Waynes meals by the pool in Dubai. It was pizza or hot dog every day accompanied by loads of chips, Corona beer and vodka and lemonade. Not the diet of a true professional.
Disgraceful. I mean I wouldn't eat like that simply to keep my digestive systrem in order and to stay in some sort of shape. The guy is supposed to be a 25 year old athlete. I really would be amazed if they is more that 5 years left in him at the top.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Ummmm You do know he actually IS Scouse....right? :lol:
Scouseness is not genetic, it's learned behaviour. An intensive re-education effort can remove the worst symptoms. But Rooney looks like he's too far gone at this stage.

phelans shorts

The only way United are going to win the league is if Wayne Rooney gets somewhere back to his best. So I for one want him fit and in form.
No, we don't.

I'm getting sick and tired of all this anti-Rooney bullshit that is constantly being spouted by Manchester united fans.

He's our player and he isn't going anywhere so for fecks sake get over it.

He's our best player and we are certainly better with him than without him.
Best player yes, doesn't mean the team play better with him, see how much better we have been attacking with Berbatov and Chicharito playing.

Disgraceful. I mean I wouldn't eat like that simply to keep my digestive systrem in order and to stay in some sort of shape. The guy is supposed to be a 25 year old athlete. I really would be amazed if they is more that 5 years left in him at the top.
Don't forget the smoking and excessive drinking.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hmm have we ever done this before? There's something fishy about this.
Don't we do shit like this all the time? Anderson going back home, Tevez going back home(at West Ham, here and City?), Nani's resurgence came not soon after he was allowed a week off to himself to focus on getting in the right shape and mindset I think he said in an interview...I think it's a pretty common thing when a player loses sight of his goals and responsibilities.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
No, we don't.
Yes, we... do?...

Actually, "no we don't" makes no sense there. I think you meant either "no, it isn't" or "no I don't", depending on whether you're responding to the first half of the post or the end of it.

Either way a fit and in form Rooney will be a massive boost to the team. Don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Best player yes, doesn't mean the team play better with him, see how much better we have been attacking with Berbatov and Chicharito playing.
How much better than what? Than we played when Rooney was at his best last season? Are you insane? So far, Hernandez and Berbatov have put in one really top class performance together. Against Stoke. In a game we won by a goal in injury-time. Absolutely nuts that people seem to think this makes last season's second highest scorer in the league surplus to requirements. All the more so on the back of Berbatov's worst game in ages.

Don't forget the smoking and excessive drinking.
That won't happen, so long as the paparazzi keep following him round on holiday. You think he's the only top class United player to have a drink and a smoke in his down-time?

Member 39557

Don't we do shit like this all the time? Anderson going back home, Tevez going back home(at West Ham, here and City?), Nani's resurgence came not soon after he was allowed a week off to himself to focus on getting in the right shape and mindset I think he said in an interview...I think it's a pretty common thing when a player loses sight of his goals and responsibilities.
I agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Fergie giving Schmeical a holiday half-way through a season once too.

phelans shorts

Yes, we... do...

Actually, "no we don't" makes no sense there. I think you meant either "no, it isn't" or "no I don't", depending on whether you're responding to the first half of the post or the end of it.

Either way a fit and in form Rooney will be a massive boost to the team. Don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.
Okay then, no it isn't.

How much better than what? Than we played when Rooney was at his best last season? Are you insane? So far, Hernandez and Berbatov have put in one really top class performance together. Against Stoke. In a game we won by a goal in injury-time. Absolutely nuts that people seem to think this makes last season's second highest scorer in the league surplus to requirements. All the more so on the back of Berbatov's worst game in ages.
Berbatov and Rooney always seems very disjointed as a partnership, whereas it's clear as day that Berbatov and Hernandez have hit it off as a destructive partnership, as evidenced by ripping Chelsea apart along with the impressive attacking display against west brom and stoke, fair enough Spurs wasn't a good display from either but since when does berbatov chase passes as he had to continually, making him rated obsolete at times.

That won't happen, so long as the paparazzi keep following him round on holiday. You think he's the only top class United player to have a drink and a smoke in his down-time?
Sure some smoke and drink, usually offset by a good diet, Wayne doesn't make any visible attempt at such a thing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Berbatov and Rooney always seems very disjointed as a partnership, whereas it's clear as day that Berbatov and Hernandez have hit it off as a destructive partnership, as evidenced by ripping Chelsea apart along with the impressive attacking display against west brom and stoke, fair enough Spurs wasn't a good display from either but since when does berbatov chase passes as he had to continually, making him rated obsolete at times.
We hardly ripped Chelsea apart. Hernandez only came on at half-time and Chelsea were the better side for most of that half.

As for the West Brom and Stoke games, I don't think anyone should be deciding we no longer need a player who almost scored 30 league goals last season, on the basis that we scored 4 goals during one home and one away game against teams that will probably be battling relegation at the end of the season.

Sure some smoke and drink, usually offset by a good diet, Wayne doesn't make any visible attempt at such a thing.
How do you know?

Seriously, the whole concept that a player as good as Wayne Rooney has suddenly become surplus to requirements because we don't like him and Hernandez has scored a few goals against relegation fodder in his absence is one of the most mental ideas on here in ages.

phelans shorts

We hardly ripped Chelsea apart. Hernandez only came on at half-time and Chelsea were the better side for most of that half.

As for the West Brom and Stoke games, I don't think anyone should be deciding we no longer need a player who almost scored 30 league goals last season, on the basis that we scored 4 goals during one home and one away game against teams that will probably be battling relegation at the end of the season.

Seriously, the whole concept that a player as good as Wayne Rooney has suddenly become surplus to requirements because we don't like him and Hernandez has scored a few goals is one of the most mental ideas on here in ages.
So them two coming on at 1-0, becoming 3-1 isn't ripping into their defence?

Who said surplus to requirements? No one has said that, however looking for positives when he's likely to leave in the summer is quite reasonable, in a 4-5-1 Rooney is our best, by a long shot, but how often do we play with 1 up top? Not often, 4-4-2 is our regular formation in which Berbatov and Hernandez have shown to be the best pairing at the club.

You say ts mental I say your just not looking at what is said. No one but no one is saying Rooney is shit.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Wouldn't be surprised if this was Nike's idea or that they are somehow involved in initiating this ..... great bit of 'active branding' for them highlighting thier technical expertise and moving one of thier star sporting properties away from scandal and back into sporting issues.

Expect lots of photo's of Rooney with high tech equipment and in super athlete poses across the tabloids next week! His journey to redemption begins...
It's not Nike Town, that's a shop, they mean the Nike Campus.. Where City were training this summer.

Blair

Who said surplus to requirements? No one has said that, however looking for positives when he's likely to leave in the summer is quite reasonable, in a 4-5-1 Rooney is our best, by a long shot, but how often do we play with 1 up top? Not often, 4-4-2 is our regular formation in which Berbatov and Hernandez have shown to be the best pairing at the club.

You say ts mental I say your just not looking at what is said. No one but no one is saying Rooney is shit.
It's equivalent to a 2-1 scoreline after they came on. Hardly ripped apart.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

He is?

I reckon Fergie has no intention of letting him go. Nor does Rooney have any intention of leaving. If he really did want to leave he cost himself a monstrous signing on fee by signing that new contract. He might not be the sharpest tool in the box but even Wayne Rooney wouldn't be that thick (or that badly advised).