Van De Beek | Everton Loan Watch

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
from what i've been able to see on my second screen, he did rather well unlike Alli. Was the deepest midfielder and the playmaker when he came on, pretty much ever ball in build up went through him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Browsing a toffee forum. Evertonians thought he was great and deserves to start.

Red00012

From one bench to another .

I’d have torn up the contract when I seen them sign Deli Ali

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

The same Deli Alli that was also on the bench and only came on earlier due to a winger being injured and ended up playing on the wing?

Anustart89

Yeah, that must’ve been frustrating to sign and then have them spend upwards of 20 million on a guy in your position just hours later.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yeah, that must’ve been frustrating to sign and then have them spend upwards of 20 million on a guy in your position just hours later.
not the same position. VDB played as a 6 and actually is an 8. Alli is a 10.

Anustart89

Donny’s much more of a ten than a six though. I mean, it obviously depends on what lampard told him about his plans for him but on paper it looks like they’d compete for similar spots on the pitch. Put it this way, I don’t think we’ll see them in the same starting lineup if Allan and Gomes are fit.

Red00012

Alli came on as a winger

Everton didn’t play a 10

no one knows what VDB is because we didn’t use him or trust him as a 6/8 or 10

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
That came on before him yes
Alli came on as a winger

Everton didn’t play a 10

no one knows what VDB is because we didn’t use him or trust him as a 6/8 or 10
So Alli > VDB but also Alli is not in the same position?

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove it. But all you do is prove my point for me.
Not the same position and he's not ahead in the picking order(due to not being in the same position). People need to calm down and think before they post.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ali is absolutely trash so it won’t be long before VDB gets opportunities ahead of him. He just has to take them.

Red00012

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove it. But all you do is prove my point for me.
Not the same position and he's not ahead in the picking order(due to not being in the same position). People need to calm down and think before they post.
If they play a 10 alli starts VDB doesn’t it’s quite simple really

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
If they play a 10 alli starts VDB doesn’t it’s quite simple really
VDB isn't a 10 and never will be. He never played as a 10 at Ajax or the Dutch national team, but for some reason people think he's a 10.

Red00012

VDB isn't a 10 and never will be. He never played as a 10 at Ajax or the Dutch national team, but for some reason people think he's a 10.
He’s not a 10 so but he’s not a 6 either so he’s a 8 that just trains well I guess

lex talionis

These numbered roles have elastic definitions. What we can safely say about Donny, based on his performances with Ajax, is that he's most effective in the final third, particularly right outside the box to make runs inside the box. Call that number whatever you like.

Pintu

Alli is ahead in the pecking order because he is their own player. No matter what the head coach thinks, a club will always give its own assets priority over loanees.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Funny to see the shock at him not starting. He's been largely ghostly for us - either not getting picked or looking pointless when he plays, yet people expect him to automatically play for another PL team. He needs to work hard and regain his Ajax level then he can stake a claim as a starter for Everton.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Funny to see the shock at him not starting. He's been largely ghostly for us - either not getting picked or looking pointless when he plays, yet people expect him to automatically play for another PL team. He needs to work hard and regain his Ajax level then he can stake a claim as a starter for Everton.
Yes people expect a multi million Man United midfield signing from Ajax to start for 16th place Everton. I'm not sure what the shock here is about?