VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

El Zoido

If that situation with Amrabat and Gordon was on the other end and we weren’t given a penalty, I’d be fuming.
I wouldn’t, it was marginal at best. Casemiro made a good tackle, Amrabat and Gordon had a clash of legs but nothing clear cut.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yeh, was a pen. Didn't think it was in real time, still didn't think it was after a couple replays. But the more I saw it the more it looked a pen.
Yeah the same for me. The contact wasn’t big but he stepped on his achilles. Stupid foul when Casemiro had it covered. We’re lucky, which is nice for a change.

renatosanches85

I wouldn’t, it was marginal at best. Casemiro made a good tackle, Amrabat and Gordon had a clash of legs but nothing clear cut.
What?!?! Come on, have an unbiased discussion. Did you not see Gordon’s sock and heel? Its a defo pen

renatosanches85

That was nothing. Small contact. Casemiro took the ball away. Gordon was never going to get chance. For me, no penalty.
This is why I can’t take posters seriously on this forum. The bias is staggering. I’m an avid Utd fan, but I’ll call it as it is. That’s a penalty every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

top1whoisman

Scout
What?!?! Come on, have an unbiased discussion. Did you not see Gordon’s sock and heel? Its a defo pen
Yeah. It’s not a collision or clash of legs when the attacking player is running with the ball towards the goal and is about to shoot, and the defending player tackles him from behind without even being close to getting the ball.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That was nothing. Small contact. Casemiro took the ball away. Gordon was never going to get chance. For me, no penalty.
Fair enough, but for me if the contact was enough to rip his sock and cause that redness we saw then it was enough contact to be a foul. Was clumsy from Amrabat, who was panicking.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
:lol: You have to be fecking kidding?

It's not illegal to suggest we might have had a slice of luck, feck me.

90 + 5min

This is why I can’t take posters seriously on this forum. The bias is staggering. I’m an avid Utd fan, but I’ll call it as it is. That’s a penalty every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
It isn’t. For me. There is no bias.
Fair enough, but for me if the contact was enough to rip his sock and cause that redness we saw then it was enough contact to be a foul. Was clumsy from Amrabat, who was panicking.
He is taking a risk and against some other team or other referee it might have been different. But for me, nothing.
:lol: You have to be fecking kidding?

It's not illegal to suggest we might have had a slice of luck, feck me.
Just a fair conclusion from me.

JogaBonitoRooney

Stupid idea to remove it. Of course a nothing club like Wolves has the idea. Too many boomers still in charge of football. This is footballs we equivalent of turning back Roe vs Wade.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It isn’t. For me. There is no bias.

He is taking a risk and against some other team or other referee it might have been different. But for me, nothing.

Just a fair conclusion from me.
You are genuinely talking utter shite :lol: didn't he rip his sock too?

ManUnitedCanuck

If that situation with Amrabat and Gordon was on the other end and we weren’t given a penalty, I’d be fuming.
If it was at the other end, you wouldn’t have got to see 15 replays, from every angle in slow motion. If it was at the other end it would have been brushed off and not discussed by anyone in the broadcast.

top1whoisman

Scout
If it was at the other end, you wouldn’t have got to see 15 replays, from every angle in slow motion. If it was at the other end it would have been brushed off and not discussed by anyone in the broadcast.
That may well be true, but it doesn’t change the fact for me that it should’ve been given.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They should also scrap the ref's whistle and the linesman's flag. That will stop them from fecking up!

How do people reason the technology is at fault. They have to improve the use of the technology, not ban the technology, because of human error using it. What are we, the medieval church?

FortunaUtd

They should also scrap the ref's whistle and the linesman's flag. That will stop them from fecking up!

How do people reason the technology is at fault. They have to improve the use of the technology, not ban the technology, because of human error using it. What are we, the medieval church?
Exactly. Clearly the point is not to scrap VAR but on the contrary to fecking look at the images on the screen. What are these clowns doing.

The referees are getting what they wanted all along. They will go back to being infallible gods who cannot be questioned.

Flying high

Who's saying that? Clearly the problem is the implementation. Which sounded bad before it was introduced, due to the lack of plan for edge cases and subjective calls. If anything the reality was even worse than many of us feared.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Wolves have put forward a motion to scrap VAR completely in the Premier League starting set season.
The motion will be discussed and voted on at the next EPL clubs meeting on June 6th.

Personally I hate VAR, it has been given enough time to get decisions right, but after what 3 seasons, we are still seeing mistakes, mistakes that are costing teams matches and points.
I agree with the goal ling technology, that should stay, but the sooner they get shot of VAR the better.

PoTMS

It's clearly a penalty but feck em. We've been fecked by VAR all season after the first game against Wolves.

Dan_F

Another bad decision

Screenshot makes it look like he’s trying to make a tackle, which would be much worse. They’re both running, Amrabat can’t change where he’s planting his foot while running.

Subjective calls are always going to be like this.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Screenshot makes it look like he’s trying to make a tackle, which would be much worse. They’re both running, Amrabat can’t change where he’s planting his foot while running.

Subjective calls are always going to be like this.
Long way to say it's a foul.

Pickle85

If it's called at the time, VAR doesn't overturn it, but not clear and obvious enough to give in retro in my book. We got away with one sure, but given the clear and obvious wording is no pen on referral for me.

diarm

It was definitely a penalty.

But Sky showed 97 replays and spent half an hour talking about it to drum up some drama.

Compared to the precisely zero mentions of the foul on Evans as he was trying to get out to Hall for their 2nd goal.

It’s double standards as usual this season.