Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

What did you want him to do today? Grow 4 or 5 inches to make up the height difference with Vestergard?
Cope. He doesnt have to win the header, but he cant let his man get a good attempt on goal. Thats personal responsibility.

He will face players taller than him all season.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How about playing a centre back who isn't built like a 12 year old?

"He is good with the ball at his feet."

A shit load of good that does us when teams will aim long balls at him every game.

Soft wanker.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s not like he lost the aerial duel for that goal, I thought he missed the header which is not good enough for a centre back in PL.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
State of this :lol:

To be expected after almost every game though. The state of some of our fans is hilarious.
Oh feck right off. Have you been blind to his performances since he joined? He’s had a couple of good months and has been utter shit either side of that.

State of fans who are blind to the most obvious flaws in our players.

RK

Take a step backwards before jumping. A defender who has any awareness of his surroundings doesn't sell himself short in the air twice in two weeks. Had he just used his body against Vestergard he would've denied him a free header, which probably would've meant the header would've had less control and might not have gone in.

The aerial ball is kryptonite to Lindelof. He'll be targeted all season long as a response. The likes of Ashley Barnes will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing him.
Fair enough. But with the running start and the extra height Vestergard is still big favourite to win that.

Roboc7

He’s very average and never looks secure, said when we signed Maguire he’s a Lindelof replacement as their not a partnership.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not good enough to keep others from playing.
Unless Tuanzebe is good enough to oust him, I'm not sure you're right. We had 6 centre backs on the books before buying Maguire, but we probably needed to buy two starters.

I do hope Tuanzebe starts getting starts soon though, see what he's made of. But I think we're carrying 3 centre backs that are definitely not good enough in Rojo/Jones/Bailly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's weak, not aggressive enough, can't jump high enough and isn't good enough in the air. Decent at most other things. Not a good mix for a premier league CB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think there’s a single facet of his game that he is superior to Daley Blind at. Seriously.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fair enough. But with the running start and the extra height Vestergard is still big favourite to win that.
Always. That's why a lot of defenders simply use their bodies to put people off. Lindelof has an annoying habit of trying to win everything that comes his way in the air, which is stupid as he's not very good in the air. There are more ways to stop a header going in than beating the opposing attacker to the ball.

manunited1919

Vestergaard had the momentum and the height. It was the perfect delivery too.
He had a free header, because Lindelof was like he wasn’t there. Even Juan Mata would do more to put pressure and try to upset Vestergaard.

JP77

Oh feck right off. Have you been blind to his performances since he joined? He’s had a couple of good months and has been utter shit either side of that.

State of fans who are blind to the most obvious flaws in our players.
State of a good amount of fans on this forum when it comes to the club. You don't even know my opinion on Lindelof. I'm not the one charging onto a forum calling a player a cnut, a sack of shit, a coward and posting embarrassing stuff with huge overreactions. Get a grip fella and calm down before posting silly stuff.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He had a free header, because Lindelof was like he wasn’t there. Even Juan Mata would do more to put pressure and try to upset Vestergaard.
awk stop talking bollocks. It’s clear in the height disparity between Lindelof and Vestergaard. It was hardly an outrageous mistake... :wenger:

Boneli

Knee-jerkitis from some of the people on here... it’s not like he’s the only person culpable for the goal. A more commanding keeper in the six yard box and that goal never happens.

Romez

I thought he absolutely bossed it? Excellent reading of the game, the only fault was of course for the goal, headering is definitely the biggest flaw in his game which is obviously bad for a defender...
Really?

He made a mistake in the first half early in the game and almost cost us another goal when he tried to run with the ball.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Unless Tuanzebe is good enough to oust him, I'm not sure you're right. We had 6 centre backs on the books before buying Maguire, but we probably needed to buy two starters.

I do hope Tuanzebe starts getting starts soon though, see what he's made of. But I think we're carrying 3 centre backs that are definitely not good enough in Rojo/Jones/Bailly.
I'd back Tuanzebe to match his output and even Phil Jones for that matter. He's not good enough from letting us find out so to speak.

Man-United

awk stop talking bollocks. It’s clear in the height disparity between Lindelof and Vestergaard. It was hardly an outrageous mistake... :wenger:
No point. As always when we lose points people will blame the players and call them names.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Love all the excuses that are being pulled out for him. Do we think Smalling or even Jones would ever get those excuses? No they'd be called shite.

Ekeke

He'll be playing against players taller than him every week, you can't let them get a header on target everytime and give him a free pass. He has to make it difficult for the opponent even if he doesnt win the header. Maybe he could block it, or make it so he's off balance etc.

It cannot be that everytime Lindelof loses a header, its fine because someone should have covered him or because his opponent was taller. Thats going to happen every single game

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Last week yes but a standing jump in the six yard box against a giant of a man, let's keep it bloody real. We didn't created enough chances and one goal in the prem is rarely enough....
I thought Lindelof was supposed to give us that needed edge going forward though? Doing things like making passes that might lead to assists, or even goals? Not only would Smalling have made sure to not lose that header, he has also shown the mentality to actually contribute with the winning goal late in matches not dissimilar to this one. Lindelof however is constantly putting pressure on our own defence by making risky moves with little benefit to the positive outcome. The risk-reward is absolute rubbish to accept such play. At least when Smalling panics he makes sure to actually clear the ball to safety, not gift the opposition possession.

I don't really see much of a difference in their use of the ball either, when comparing the two. Smalling have made a whole lot of penetrative passes and gone on good runs before. He has got slaughtered forever for a few mistakes each season, mistakes that Lindelof seemingly makes on a weekly basis.

manunited1919

He can never outjump him, so he should use his body to put off Vestergaard instead of trying to outjump him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It isn't just being weak in the air (and I'm sorry, i realise the bloke is 6ft6, but do something to make life hard for him) it's the fact that he's not even bothered to what's around him/where the danger is.

He's completely shirked responsibility

Litch

Pretty sure that poster is right though. He looked to get set too jump to soon and couldn’t win the header because of it.
Nonsense. I don't care how you set yourself, the guy he's jumping up against is 4 inches taller which will give him the advantage.

JPB

Yeah send Smalling on loan and play Lindelof instead. What a fecking genius Ole is.

Ludens the Red

I didn’t get carried away with last season because I felt he was simply the best of a trashy bunch. With Maguire around it’s pretty clear how painfully below average Lindelof is. His constant obsession with missing headers or failing to pick players up in the box. I’d much rather see Tuanzebe get a run alongside. Too bad we loaned out our second best centre half too.

OL29

His lack of prowess in the air is a concern but I wouldn’t fault him for the goal, the guy had a running start on him. I do think we need someone more physical than him though.

wm28600

Thought he played ok apart from the mistake. Problem is the mistake cost us 2 points as we're so poor in the front 3rd we can't make defensive goal costing errors with margin these days.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don’t think there’s a single facet of his game that he is superior to Daley Blind at. Seriously.
There isn't, while being severely behind in certain facets.

How did he even become a CB? Weak as shit and completely clueless the second the ball leaves the deck, I know CB is the perfect position for such attributes. Being poor defensively has also somehow elevated his ability on the ball which aren't actually even particularly good. He's an average player who has been completely immune from criticism simply because his name isn't Jones/Smalling/Young. You'll struggle to find a CB as weak and poor in the air as him across the league.

LJJT

He’s been shocking this season. Everyone season to be targeting how much of a turtle back he is. It’s nonsense he can’t jump and win headers he’s scared of heading the ball I think. Soft

rhoff113

Who decided that Lindelof was a better partner to Maguire than Smalling.
We're so lame at corners without Smalling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.