Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

Yes indeed, Gone are the days when we could discuss players performance based on 1 game. I know what Lindeloff ceiling is, he played well yesterday but he won't get better nor consistent.
He might. His going for the 50/50 was poor but now he seems to go for it with more determination.
He certainly is not averse to getting into a fight. For a man who played hockey( ice hockey) he is very calm and non aggressive.

A-man

Yes indeed, Gone are the days when we could discuss players performance based on 1 game. I know what Lindeloff ceiling is, he played well yesterday but he won't get better nor consistent.
I think this level is good. He has 6 clean sheets in his last 10 matches, if he can keep that up I’m more than happy.

DoomSlayer

I think this level is good. He has 6 clean sheets in his last 10 matches, if he can keep that up I’m more than happy.
We keep more clean sheets with Lindelof and Maguire when we play 2 defensive minded midfielders in front of them. Of course when the whole team shape is more defensive, we concede less goals, it's the whole idea behind using such tactics.

A-man

We keep more clean sheets with Lindelof and Maguire when we play 2 defensive minded midfielders in front of them. Of course when the whole team shape is more defensive, we concede less goals, it's the whole idea behind using such tactics.
It’s not really that simple and it is not true the whole team shape is defensive. We have been defensive minded against some of the big teams, but not in general. We play four attacking players and only 2 real midfielders. If you do that, the 2 midfielders must help to cover, especially if you want your FBs to join the attack. We have still managed to score most goals in the PL.

Foxbatt

Question for fans from Sweden. How is he when he plays for Sweden?

Lappen

Question for fans from Sweden. How is he when he plays for Sweden?
I like him more when hi plays for sweden. Its like hi feels more important and take the responsibility you need to take when you are important for the team. He plays with more self-esteem I guess.
But... in the last 8 games sweden conceded 16 goals. Only winning two of this 8 games. Lindelöf didn't play all of those 8 games because of injuries so I want blame him.

Foxbatt

I like him more when hi plays for sweden. Its like hi feels more important and take the responsibility you need to take when you are important for the team. He plays with more self-esteem I guess.
But... in the last 8 games sweden conceded 16 goals. Only winning two of this 8 games. Lindelöf didn't play all of those 8 games because of injuries so I want blame him.
From the clip posted here it looks like he plays a lot better and more conviction when he plays for Sweden. He was a pro junior hockey player I have read so he is no pussy. He played on the left initially for United. I wonder how he would do with playing with Shaw instead of AWB

A-man

From the clip posted here it looks like he plays a lot better and more conviction when he plays for Sweden. He was a pro junior hockey player I have read so he is no pussy. He played on the left initially for United. I wonder how he would do with playing with Shaw instead of AWB
I think he plays better on the right when we are in possession, but haven’t really thought about playing with AWB vs Shaw. Maybe Shaw would suit him better.

He has a bigger role for Sweden in terms of organising and leadership and act a little bit as a playmaker. Also push the team more. I would say he is a bit of a different player.

Raven

I think it's more to do with the fact that he's playing a different role for Sweden. Harry is our dominant CB here because he lacks the pace and Lindelof generally sweeps and makes sure to catch any runners on the counter if Maguire loses the ball, either in the air or when he's carrying it up field. I thought the game recently where Lindelof and Bailly started showed this perfectly, Lindelof was the aggressive one, competing for all the aerial balls, carrying the ball up field, etc, because Bailly has the legs and provides the cover.

SwedishFish

He plays well together with Granqvist but has had a tough time when he's been out.

He needs a partner that has a cool head that covers more for him, Pontus Jansson certainly didn't prove himself to be that.

I think he's more active in his play for Sweden like Raven said, pushing up more rather than sitting back, Granqvist providing cover.

Foxbatt

He plays well together with Granqvist but has had a tough time when he's been out.

He needs a partner that has a cool head
that covers more for him, Pontus Jansson certainly didn't prove himself to be that.

I think he's more active in his play for Sweden like Raven said, pushing up more rather than sitting back, Granqvist providing cover.
There goes my theory of playing him with Bailly. :D
But jokes aside I feel he and Bailly could be the better option than Maguire. Bailly plays better on the right too but I don't like the Bailly/ AWB combination.

SwedishFish

There goes my theory of playing him with Bailly. :D
But jokes aside I feel he and Bailly could be the better option than Maguire. Bailly plays better on the right too but I don't like the Bailly/ AWB combination.
Agreed, I think they are better suited and more solid together, but then again Maguire will never ever be dropped. Bringing someone new into the rotation will be good for everyone and maybe provide more opportunities to play Lindelöf and Bailly together.

Foxbatt

Swedishfish, has he ever played as a DM? He seems to be decently quick in shorter runs and his passing is good.

A-man

Swedishfish, has he ever played as a DM? He seems to be decently quick in shorter runs and his passing is good.
Never DM but his first matches in Sweden u21 and I think also in the National team were as a RB.

SwedishFish

He messed up twice for which sterling should of scored. How is that a 9/10 performance? He did OK but could of been the cause of a couple goals.
He had one slip for a header that Sterling put miles wide and one ball that fell behind him and between Sterling's legs? He also: tipped the ball behind on a dangerous shot from I think Foden(?) and was incredibly solid defensively and held the line well with Maguire.

It's not over the top and he prevented a lot of goals from being scored. Give him a break ffs.

el3mel

He was fantastic bar this slip against Sterling, lucky enough it didn't cost us but otherwise, can't fault him. I said previously though, some here will never give him credit regardless.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Very good today. Didn’t put a foot wrong and made several game winning blocks.
He literally gave the ball to Sterling at least twice and it was only due to Sterling trying to compete with Martial over who could mess up in front of goal that saved his ass.

Yes he was good today, but it was far from a perfect game that you're claiming.

kundalini

Missed a dangerous City cross that then went through Sterling's legs. Slipped on another City cross, giving Sterling the chance to get in a header that went well wide. Barely noticed him apart from that. Can't have been that bad, given most of City's chances were shots from distance.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He got still a bit too much disaster aura about him, even though good performance.

Unfortunately 3 years in United is not enough for him to improve to required starting 11 level just yet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yet another clean sheet in yet another game where it was predicted he would get a mauling. Still, we can't praise his performance without getting a few digs in, hey? Tiresome.

SwedishFish

He got still a bit too much disaster aura about him, even though good performance.

Unfortunately 3 years in United is not enough for him to improve to required starting 11 level just yet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes lets base our opinions of performance on aura when we've just had a clean sheet and a good game from all of our defenders.

This forum sometimes.

criticalanalysis

Stepped up and did decent in the last 15mins. Slipped for that Sterling header but if you watched it again, he actually moved forward and characteristically got under it. Same thing for the other Sterling chance. He was touch tight and then let him drift behind him.

First 75 mins, had the least to do and also did the least. He was seriously just a body on the field that didn't make a mistake.

High line or low line, he will always retreat.

How can anyone watch these kind of performances and put him on the same level as Maguire is bewildering.

It wasn't a bad performance and probably a 'good' one because we won but it was far from impressive and not on a par to the rest of his team mates. It really isn't worth elevating.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, he had two feck ups and just for that it can't be close to some excellent defensive performance, but am too happy atm to criticize him more.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes lets base our opinions of performance on aura when we've just had a clean sheet and a good game from all of our defenders.

This forum sometimes.
Yes, because if he won't improve, he'll be benched or simply leave the football club with supposed ambitions to win something serious.

If he can keep that for more than 10 games, then he'll get his praise and perhaps even cement the place in starting 11.

SwedishFish

Yes, because if he won't improve, he'll be benched or simply leave the football club with supposed ambitions to win something serious.

If he can keep that for more than 10 games, then he'll get his praise and perhaps even cement the place in starting 11.
Just give him credit when he performs well and critique when he doesn't, what exactly is the point in slagging a player of ours off when he's had a good performance?

We're probably getting another CB for the rotation anyway in the summer so there's really no point to this nonsense at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did well today but needs to cut out the sloppy mistakes.

1 chance in the first half he let sterling run in behind and didn’t track, and then the cross (was a great ball) and the slip in the box.

bet he wishes he could play strikers like Jesus every week!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just give him credit when he performs well and critique when he doesn't, what exactly is the point in slagging a player of ours off when he's had a good performance?

We're probably getting another CB for the rotation anyway in the summer so there's really no point to this nonsense at all.
Rotation ? We're hopefully making legit upgrade in the summer.

He was good today, indeed ! Decision making spot on. Can he be consistent about it ? This is when bit of objectivity can help in answering this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.