Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

feck knows if Bailly succeeds, but he's launching himself both at the ball coming across him for their first, and at the shot for the second.

Lindelof might be one of the most passive centre halves I've ever seen.

Womp

idiot
Bailly looks our best defender, offers us something we don't have in pace and aggressiveness to win the ball back - is more adventurous in his passing from the back complimenting our forward play but as soon as Lindelof is back, he's straight back in the team.

PoTMS

City get Ruben Dias from Portugal, we get Lindelof and Rojo.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In hindsight we shouldnt have played a player coming back from injury in a semi final, especially with it being a passive style defender and also playing in front of a youthful goalkeeper too.

Just bad choices today.

Bobski

Standard Lindelof, nothing particularly memorable, good or bad, and not much of an impact in the game, you think he is ok but his teams keep conceding goals.

RedDevil@84

Looked average. Between him and Maguire who is regularly brain fecked, I am not sure what we are going to do. Every year, we seem to need money to spend on defense.

Idxomer

His shit backpedaling on every attack alone should make him nowhere near being an automatic starter.

Devil may care

Standard Lindelof, nothing particularly memorable, good or bad, and not much of an impact in the game, you think he is ok but his teams keep conceding goals.
Sums him up for me, he's not a player who should be a definite starter if he's fit.

NinjaFletch

Seems to be getting a free pass for the first goal but I thought he was the most culpable. I thought him swinging a leg and pulling out at the last split second was what put Maguire off
I agree with this too, and it's a classic mistake that Lindelof makes all the time. Maguire then needs to assume that his partner is going to feck up so it doesn't excuse him, but I don't think Lindelof really has an appetite for defending. He's well drilled and takes up a lot of good performances on the pitch, but he has not got that desire to sniff things out and take responsibility.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Don't understand what he was doing for the first goal.

Also, he is way too willing to pass responsibility onto someone else, especially when he's being pressed. Needs to watch how Maguire takes initiative to play out of situations. (Bailly does it too TBF)

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I usually complain about him but if he put his leg up on that cross, it was definitely going to be an own goal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His shit backpedaling on every attack alone should make him nowhere near being an automatic starter.
I thought he was broadly okay... But that bit of "defending" for the Mahrez shot pissed me off no end. Back of and then show him on his left foot and give him space to shoot?!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Along with Maguire, I'd rather see him score an own goal than let a ball go through. The first goal never should have happened unless it was one of our defenders scoring it. They both let it go. I understand why as it was a great ball and tough to deal with. But take the risk and try and clear it. I will forgive an own goal if trying to do the right thing. Can't forgive our defenders for letting a ball go that's there to be won...

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Usual Lindelof of taking no responsibility to avoid any errors.

Hinders our attacking play massively as we can't squeeze up the pitch with him and his passive style.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Along with Maguire, I'd rather see him score an own goal than let a ball go through. The first goal never should have happened unless it was one of our defenders scoring it. They both let it go. I understand why as it was a great ball and tough to deal with. But take the risk and try and clear it. I will forgive an own goal if trying to do the right thing. Can't forgive our defenders for letting a ball go that's there to be won...
Agree with this. The pair of them bottled it. Maguire takes a bigger hit because he wears the strap. Keane, Neville, Rio, Vidic or even Wayne Rooney crack that into our net inadvertently rather than let it go past 5 red shirts and nicely onto the fecking thigh of a blue shirt.

Agree with this. The pair of them bottled it. Maguire takes a bigger hit because he wears the strap. Keane, Neville, Rio, Vidic or even Wayne Rooney crack that into our net inadvertently rather than let it go past 5 red shirts and nicely onto the fecking thigh of a blue shirt.
no one bottled it. Ridiculous terminology.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
no one bottled it. Ridiculous terminology.
In the words of Fabian Delph, we're talking about the absolute basics of football. Between 5 players, not one of them put a head or foot near the ball nor made an effort to do so. I call that bottling when it effectively loses the game - and more so when 2 of those 5 players are your first choice centre backs.

Mcking

He leaves those around him with far too much to do. Didn't do enough to retain the spot. Bailly definitely returns against Burnley if fit.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Saying Maguire takes more blame because he wears the arm band doesn't sit right with me when they both did the same thing. If anything, I'd give more heat to Lindelof for being the first to let it go...

United in sin

Seems to be getting a free pass for the first goal but I thought he was the most culpable. I thought him swinging a leg and pulling out at the last split second was what put Maguire off
I agree. He's such a coward of a center back. Reminds me of the few times he actually dodged headers.

Red00012

Embarrassing for the 1st goal .

Bailly throws his whole body at the ball at least

croadyman

He leaves those around him with far too much to do. Didn't do enough to retain the spot. Bailly definitely returns against Burnley if fit.
Don't be so sure of that with how much Ole favours Victor sadly

OhGee

Speaks a lot about the manager and who his favorites are when he cannot wait to reunite Lindelof with Maguire - this after Tuanzebe had a cracker against Neymar, Mbappe and DiMaria and off course Eric Bailly’s last 3 games where he contributed significantly towards us getting a result. Ole needs to move away from his favorites otherwise we’ll end up with nothing this season again. Lindelof and Maguire just does not work as a CB pairing....

Womp

idiot
Decent as an individual, terrible as a pairing with Maguire. Both passive/slow defenders. Either Maguire or Lindelof need someone fast next to them for a decent partnership.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
We will continue to struggle with him in our backline,no bravery no responsibility.The first natural instinct of a defender is to clear the ball and ask questions later.

Don't know why he's ahead of Bailly, Tuanzebe and Smalling is astonishing.

The difficult headed clearance Bailly made against Wolves (IIRC) Lindelof would have allowed it.

He's happy being average.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not his fault that he has to play big game after a bad injury. But man, the contrast between him and Baily is just night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.