Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sociedad 0:1 Man Utd

A-man

Thought he was solid, n problems defensively and calm with the ball. Won many aerials and works well with Martinez. Don’t know if he was subbed because he was tired or tactical change, but it worked better before the sub.

You could see he is good at playing according to tactics and instructions. Several time he moved in to new positions centrally which I have not seen before, but I have seen CBs do at Ajax. Also new patterns of play when we played their way out from DDG. This is not what you get from Harry.

Stats from his 57 minutes:
Passing accuracy 100%
Aerial duels 5/5
Tackle 1
Interception 1
Clearances 6
Blocked shots 1

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Whisper it, but I now feel pretty save with him and Licha at the back. Obviously Varane is twice the player, but Lindelof has been pretty good.

Raven

Was good and we got dramatically worse when he came off because of the change of shape.

Revan

Assumptionman
Should absolutely be the primary back up CB. Quite better than Maguire and seems to work well with Licha.

Ekeke

Thought he was fine, was able to nick the ball a few times in front of Sorloth in the air and Martinez would quickly sweep in and take the ball so Sorloth doesnt pick it up after pinning him.

Josh 76

Maybe Maguire was making him look worse than he actually is!

Trex

In the presser for the Villa game which was done immediately after the Sociedad game, Ten Hag was asked if Lindelof is now third choice after Martinez and Varane.
He said something like "we'll see", credited his partnership with Martinez but also said Maguire did well against West Ham before rounding up by saying Lindelof & Martinez have played more good matches together.

I just love the man ETH.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That defending for the 3rd goal basically is him in a nut shell.

Trying to give the impression he's doing something whilst actually doing feck all.

SAFMUTD

As weak and passive as you can get. Complete shit circus today. Hopefully we'll get rid next summer, can't stand watching such a passive player on the team.

RedDevilQuebecois

P-U-S-S-Y.

Is there any other way to describe him in one word? I think not. He showed again why I rank him among the very worst wusses I have ever seen in my lifetime of sports fandom.

spiriticon

He is so physically non existent.

When the going gets tough, Victor disappears

JeffFromHK

in my country we give Lindelof the nickname of "woman". he seriously lacks aggressiveness and bravery as a player. we need to get rid of him.

Telsim

This is why we need a new CB. We are finished the second Varane is not available.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Shitt shiit shiiiit can't stand him.

Sylar

As I said after the Chelsea game,the drop off in quality is glaring. It's not a slight drop, imo it's a big drop which will affect us the more he plays.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He is what he is, so no surprises.

The only question is which of him and Maguire leave first and when exactly we'll have that luxury of upgrading our 3rd/4th choice CB.

mu4c_20le

Struggled badly with our high line in the first half, with our fullbacks pushed up, he was exposed

RedDevilQuebecois

in my country we give Lindelof the nickname of "woman". he seriously lacks aggressiveness and bravery as a player. we need to get rid of him.
The funny thing is that I have seen women playing football at the same position and showing a lot more guts than he ever does.

TempusFugit

Very soft for a CB. Watkins bullied him all over the midfield for Villa's first goal, at least get a tough tackle and show him you're not messing around. He's just so passive, just accompanies players instead of trying to win the ball.

RaulitoElCrack

Got bullied by Watkins. It was man vs boy. Literally never put a foot in and let Watkins control bouncing balls with ease, was too timid and tucked in behind trying to make it look as if he was doing something.

Is a nothing player. Premier League is not for him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's terrible to the degree I'd rather Maguire start in his place.
Maguire doesn't lose 5 or 6 long balls against Watkins and let him control the ball all game.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Just embarrassing today. We should have signed that Swiss kid who joined city for peanuts in the summer that we were all turning our noses up at.

criticalanalysis

Struggled badly with our high line in the first half, with our fullbacks pushed up, he was exposed
His fanboys say he's better suited in a high line with a proper defensive (Casemiro) in front of him :lol:

Lindelof is the best 'acting' defender I have ever seen. I have never disliked a player's on his abilities as much I have with him and that includes your Lingards, McTominays etc.

The most infuriating thing is that he consistently fools people into believing he's a 'capable' defender. He's the best defender if football was played on paper. All of his qualities are hypothetical.

SAFMUTD

He's a coward, doesn't compromise on any challenges. That fecking back away back away and back away until someone else actually challenge tactics boils my blood.

Ace of Spades

Pissed me off. Does not win anything as he thinks just running alongside a player is defending. Can't play a high line with a player who can't get the ball from an isolated player. Don't think Watkins lost the ball a single time against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.